Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by DrRocky
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

hi all, wondering what you do to track your high scores on your em games???

I have been trying to decide on something for my wall that I can keep my scores on ...

could do chalkboard or white board but trying to come up with something more interesting

perhaps magnetic letters and numbers, or a vintage menuboard type sign with the tracks and plastic letters and numbers .. I did just see a cool led matrix type ticker sign .. I could program it to scroll through all the high scores ...

or just go old school and have a piece of paper or grease pencil with score on backglass

I was taking pics on my ipad, and listing here on pinside in my info ... problem is sometimes when I am playing I can't remember my 'score to beat' !!! so need something more apparent

would love to hear what others do?

cheers, Ron

#2 10 years ago

White board, at the moment.

#3 10 years ago

I take a pic of the backglass with my cell phone and stick all the pics in a folder appropriately named.

#5 10 years ago

.... what keying the side of the cab isn't good enough anymore?

#6 10 years ago

I have two big menu signs with the letters and numbers that fit in the tracks (this is old since 9 of those pins listed are gone) // Error: Image 110118 not found //

#7 10 years ago

just use a dry erase marker on the backglass, that way you can always wipe it off so it never ruin's your backbox.

Just throwing an idea out there.

#8 10 years ago

I got a cheap ($30) scrolling led display from my local surplus store. Just program in the scores as they change.

#9 10 years ago

A number of years ago someone had made one of those peel & stick decals that are similar to what the oil change companies use for your car windshield to remind you when to change your oil. You used a dry erase marker to log your score. I'd love to buy a few but have no idea who made them, or how I can get them made. Any ideas?

#10 10 years ago

// Error: Image 110046 not found //

#11 10 years ago

I use a letter board I got off of eBay to keep track of high scores for my vids and pins. Which reminds me, it's time to order some more numbers, I'm running out!

// Error: Image 110051 not found //

#12 10 years ago

Maybe to a Canadian - nasty dude!

#13 10 years ago

I'm confused, you guys realise a few of those machines actually keep high scores right?

Why post DMD scores on the vendor boards? Just for fun, or in case of factory resets / updates?

#14 10 years ago

A number of years ago someone had made one of those peel & stick decals that are similar to what the oil change companies use for your car windshield to remind you when to change your oil. You used a dry erase marker to log your score. I'd love to buy a few but have no idea who made them, or how I can get them made. Any ideas?

Goto staples, you can buy the clear reusable vynal paper and print a bunch, I use these for mame cab graphics. .....good idea to use them for scores

// Error: Image 110144 not found //

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

I'm confused, you guys realise a few of those machines actually keep high scores right?
    Why post DMD scores on the vendor boards? Just for fun, or in case of factory resets / updates?

A few reasons. Some of mine are video games too (my Tron doesn't save scores since I removed the battery, for example). Some of it is in case they get wiped during a botched battery swap, some of it is for the the fun and glory of it. When a visitor comes over and gets to put up their score on the board it's pretty cool.

The other reason is for my son. He's 6 and getting into it and he wants to have his scores on the board too. His are the ones with the L next to it

#16 10 years ago

Personally, I record all my scores on pads of paper, high score or not. On games not set on free play, I also record how many credits I win, whether or not one of them was via match, and if I make the machine's scoreboard.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Goto staples, you can buy the clear reusable vynal paper and print a bunch, I use these for mame cab graphics. .....good idea to use them for scores

Nice idea!

#18 10 years ago

Duplicate post

#19 10 years ago

Like this.....

I keep them in my phone because that is always with me.

// Error: Image 110939 not found //

#20 10 years ago

Start a pinball diary and keep it in the machine. stuff like "dear diary got my ass kicked today and didnt even score a free game" lol

#21 10 years ago

I'd run out of ink and paper if I had to keep track of that stuff too!!!

#22 10 years ago

Track them on pinside.com

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from TZpinboter:

Start a pinball diary and keep it in the machine. stuff like "dear diary got my ass kicked today and didnt even score a free game" lol

I would of had a page or two of curse words for my Abra-Ca-Dabra today. I kept getting my ass kicked and then finally put up a score in the 89k range. I always like to end the night of play with a good score staring at me.

#24 10 years ago

It's kinda weird how some days you can beat a machine's programmed high scores pretty consistently one day- then the next day it's so illusive you can only hope to win an end of game match.

#25 10 years ago

I hear you rat - I was at it this morning with buccaneer in the same way

was trying to get some free games to make sure my credit reel was behaving on 5 ball ... and couldn't get any !!!

of course I didn't want to cheat ... and manually check ... I like the challenge !!

Ron

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from SteveFury:

It's kinda weird how some days you can beat a machine's programmed high scores pretty consistently one day- then the next day it's so illusive you can only hope to win an end of game match.

No kidding. I put up a 7.5M on my Sorcerer a few weeks ago but some days it's a mighty struggle just to get to 100K.

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from SteveFury:

I paid $2 on location for 4 games of acdc, and won 5 replays. Then I went home to the freeplay games I have, and got sweet dick all. ....maybe I play better when moneys on the line.

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from SteveFury:

Makes you appreciate the good tournament players a little more. They have off games too, but far fewer than us normal pinball players.

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

The other reason is for my son. He's 6 and getting into it and he wants to have his scores on the board too. His are the ones with the L next to it

I use a dry erase board, and this is one of the big reasons. The board does double duty as a high score list AND personal best list. I can fit about 6-7 scores per game, but only one is allowed per person. Guests who would normally have no chance at a high score get the thrill of being able to write their own score, then try to beat it.

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

I use a dry erase board, and this is one of the big reasons. The board does double duty as a high score list AND personal best list. I can fit about 6-7 scores per game, but only one is allowed per person. Guests who would normally have no chance at a high score get the thrill of being able to write their own score, then try to beat it.

I like the whiteboard idea. Especially for kids and guests. I am going to do something like that.

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

That's what I do too. I like having a Top Gear style board that people can post scores on. It's a little less intimidating than just seeing the top 5 scores.

#32 10 years ago

I use a letter board I got off of eBay to keep track of high scores for my vids and pins. Which reminds me, it's time to order some more numbers, I'm running out!

My Tempest score.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#33 10 years ago

20 cent 100 page note pad from Wal-mart.

#35 10 years ago

I like the white board option the best. I have 4 players to keep track of on 5-6 pins at a time. As someone else mentioned, it's fun for guests to see whose score they can (or can't) beat.

2 weeks later
    #36 10 years ago

I have a set of index cards that sit atop the backbox of my Nip-it. One card for each pin. I record the high score, date and the player scoring the game's high score each time a new benchmark is set. That way we have a history of the high score progression. Seems to have worked for 10 years.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-track-your-high-scores and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.