(Topic ID: 285318)

How do you spend your time in the hobby?

By curban

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

335A9AFE-EC83-489F-87BB-68F35F1D5FB5 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider curban.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I'm finding that I spend more time in this hobby doing 'other things' than playing pinball. Wondering if other Pinsiders are the same?
    For me, I'd guess:
    35% playing (alone or with friends)
    34.9% working/fiddling on my pins
    20% on Pinside (reading forums and searching marketplace)
    10% buying/selling pins or parts
    0.1% shows/tournaments (only made it to York show once)

What about others? What else consumes your time in this hobby?

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from jeffc:

I'd answer this but I have no time - I gotta go check craigslist and facebook marketplace for the 100th time today.

...well that helps explain why I've never found a deal on DC CL that's still available.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

I enjoy finding a good deal and restoring the pin. Shopping it. Bringing it back to life.

I’m still a novice, but I have to admit that disassembling, stripping, and sanding my getaway cabinet down to bare wood and rebuilding was probably the greatest satisfaction I’ve had with pinball. Wish I had confidence to do more with the playfield...but, I guess, maybe that will come with more time.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider curban.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-spend-your-time-in-the-hobby?tu=curban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.