(Topic ID: 31686)

How do you solder by yourself with only two hands?

By Jgel

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by HighSpeed1
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1482.jpg
    image.jpg
    tumblr_mb89ohn2J01rhyxjfo1_1280.jpg
    SolderingHands.jpg
    IMAG0389.jpg
    HemostatCurved.gif
    IMG_0361.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 11 years ago

If something needs to be held, figure out a way. Tape it to something, vice grips ( very lightly if it's a switch type thing ), fasten in place and then solder.

Lots of ways, just think on it a bit.

LTG : )

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from catboxer:

Reminds me of when I was a kid and used to crimp on lead split shot fishing weights with my teeth. People are hysterical about solder. I love it whenever someone links out to that pin site with the long ass list of ways solder is going to kill you and your family. That lead free stuff is crap, I refuse to use it. I guess everyone has something to paranoid about these days.

Everything I've ever used to clean, repair, glue, whatever, has killed a rat in a lab somewhere.

We clearly need better rats.

And because of idiots, things like spray adhesives have vomit inducers. Doesn't stop the idiots. But sure makes working with those adhesives a lot more fun.

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from rplante:

You only have two hands?

Weird world.

He didn't grow up near a nuclear power plant. So he's more challenged than the rest of us.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-solder-by-yourself-with-only-two-hands?tu=ltg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.