(Topic ID: 284837)

How do you sell a warehouse of arcade games and pins?

By pindoc1

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6760 (resized).JPG
IMG_6761 (resized).JPG
giphy.gif
723FEACB-86A2-4BA2-B07C-81352B284177.jpeg
20210130_194639 (resized).jpg
IMG_5485 (resized).JPG
IMG_5484 (resized).JPG
IMG_5483 (resized).JPG
20210123_182027 (resized).jpg
20210123_182034 (resized).jpg
wipes off.gif
IMG_5444 (resized).JPG
980fb0cfbbe2388e7f1716da95b1bd38278d6871 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210115_114353 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 7.31.04 PM (resized).png
giphy95Hc8PMCBjo9BXa95fixed95width.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#96 3 years ago

So that is where the cyclopes project i had heard about. Guy who passed on it cherry picked a few games out of this so im doubtful there is much left.

For the record i want the cyclopes. I have heard its really rough though. Not worth having to haul everything out of there even for free.

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I see nothing there worth the days of labor and health risks needed to clear the place out. If the guy is expecting a windfall from that building full of junk he is sadly mistaken. While the urge is there to see what could be saved it would be better directed to dialing for a few 30 yard dumpsters, a forklift and hazmat gear.
Just looking at the pictures the aroma of animal piss is wafting out of my monitor. Yuk.

I think he could get some cash for a few things, but it won't be much. I'd go for the EBD. I have an le that someone put an original populated pf in. Id take the cab in a heartbeat, but would depend on the price. PF is trashed and not worth even bothering with. Cabinet might, and I stress might be useful for me. I'd risk some cash on it.

#158 3 years ago

Pinsider was out there today trying to buy the pins. Owner won't sell as a retailer has offered to drive from texas to clear the warehouse in exchange for the pins. Interesting to hear how many people on here have contacted to try and buy things tho. Curious to see where these end up with.

#160 3 years ago
Quoted from luch:

and when he gets there , he'll complain there in worst shape then he thought , and he'll get paid to clean up the mess!

having seen a video of the warehouse's leaking rough, its badddddddd. I emailed an offer of games, but no hope of getting them and frankly I don't need them. I got a decent shot of the cyclops pf and its just covered in raccoon shit. I have brought stuff back like that before, but its a headache I don't need.

#165 3 years ago

Only repeating what I was told. I was wanting the cyclops and to get the ebd 81 cab.

#169 3 years ago

Ive brought back games on par with these. Its not a money making venture. Its more fun than dealing with just another shop job, after you mitigate all the shit.

People on here see no value and yet inbet you the two ebds and cyclops sell if the owner splits them out. Bet they do it near instantly.

That said not worth emptying the warehouse for.

#172 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I see some value there because I am close. You are not that far away. Nice clean Bally stainless coin doors are getting hard to find. If these have not been vandalized then they are worth a little bit. It would be nice if the lockdown bars are in a bucket somewhere. Someone mentioned the drop targets on EBD.
But as you state, nothing is worth that warehouse full of nasty labor.

Well for me the cab is all i need for ebd. Drop the one from my le in it which is axtually an 81 pf already.

The cyclopes is a total gamble. Clear the crap. Pull the plastics. Put an ozone generator it. Pf and plastics might be toast.

After that find a donor game for the boards and lockdown bar. Have a line on a couple cheap gameplans. Get the aftermarket mpu.

Worst part is the backglass. Could be a multi year search. If the pf or plastics are hosed its gonna be strictly players grade abd they may well be.

#194 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Like you, I see value in that EDB cab. I don't see any water damage and cab floors are easy to replace. And the play field on the LE looks like it might have some possibilities, and perhaps combine the two, but you will be hunting for a back glass.
I have a friend with a restored Cyclopes play field. So even with the crapped on play field, I think all of the other parts can be salvaged, such as the pop caps and plastics. But he would still be hunting for boards and that cool back glass will be a Holy Grail item. It still has the displays in the back box.

Plastics might lose their art the moment you touch them. Had that happen to a sf2 that was in similar shape. Backglass is going to be the real issue regardless.

2 weeks later
#253 3 years ago

Please send pics. Its good to hear that the games are being saved though.

#263 3 years ago

Picked these up yesterday. Lotta arcade stuff in both buildings. The 81 is an odd duck. No crap on it, but the pf looks like a belt sander hit it. Lightboard is swollen and one display holder is rusty. There is no other rust in the game, the mechs are minty and the cabinet is sold. Back of the cab isn't swollen either.

The hollywood heats i got for a local. He is going to need to find speaker panels, boards, but both cabs are nice. One had a little crap on it but not much. Other is dusty as all get out.

The warehouse is a maze. Feels like multiple buildings put togethet. Different areas. Some dry as a bone, some not. There is also a retail building with games that is clean.

dc2010 was very reasonable with the projects. If anyone else wants to go out budget time as there is a lot to see.

20210123_182027 (resized).jpg20210123_182027 (resized).jpg20210123_182034 (resized).jpg20210123_182034 (resized).jpg
#274 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

Does the smell ever go away?

From experience there are a few options. Sprays, ozone generator, but just baking soda. Wont do it

#286 3 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

I will not trash any of the pins,
But,
If someone is interested in Black Pyramid, Bounty Hunter, or El Dorado city of Gold ..step up make a solid offer, prefer those go to someone who either can put them back together , or bring back a grail
I sold the EBD cab to a pinsider who had parts for it from this very warehouse
And the agent 777 to another who will use it to build his Cyclopes!
Prefer none of it go in the dumpster, but not alot of interest apparently

I'd go back and pick up bounty hunter, but im outta space after ebd and can't justify another project.

#297 3 years ago
Quoted from Drewscruis:

If shipping was an option and the cab was solid, I'd be interested in the eldorado.

I think shipping might be problematic. Someone would need to verify if the machine was free of droppings. Otherwise think a lot of shippers would say unless it was prewrapped in plastic.

Quoted from alexanr1:

Quote from above. “If no one steps up, these will go to the crusher.” Seems like a “solid offer” is any offer IMO.

Having been there, talked to, and purchased from dc2010, this isn't the pins. Prices were reasonable, our negotiations were I am willing to pay x for the ebd and my buddy is offering x for the two hollywood heats. There was no haggling. The prices paid were very reasonable. We spent most of the time talking about our games, neat things found in the warehouse, and various projects we had taken on.

There are too many arcades for any one person to haul away. I am sure the rare, desirable, will get saved, but no one is going to cry if a few empty generic cabs get crushed.

4 weeks later
#321 3 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

This has been and continues to be an adventure
I've made new friends and connections
Expanded my collection
Time is running short however, there is 2 pool tables and dynamo air hockey tables, as well as some working arcades left, the afterburner cockpit and hang-on
If anyone is interested in anything please get with me
It's getting close to sledge hammer time and I really don't want to do that

I just wish I had gotten the sign :/ It haunts me still lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 179.00
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Sturgeon Bay, WI
$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 98.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-sell-a-warehouse-of-arcade-games-and-pins?tu=dung and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.