(Topic ID: 284837)

How do you sell a warehouse of arcade games and pins?

By pindoc1

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6760 (resized).JPG
IMG_6761 (resized).JPG
giphy.gif
723FEACB-86A2-4BA2-B07C-81352B284177.jpeg
20210130_194639 (resized).jpg
IMG_5485 (resized).JPG
IMG_5484 (resized).JPG
IMG_5483 (resized).JPG
20210123_182027 (resized).jpg
20210123_182034 (resized).jpg
wipes off.gif
IMG_5444 (resized).JPG
980fb0cfbbe2388e7f1716da95b1bd38278d6871 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210115_114353 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 7.31.04 PM (resized).png
giphy95Hc8PMCBjo9BXa95fixed95width.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 3 years ago

I was at that auction in Tulsa a couple of years ago. That auctioneer did a fantastic job. These pins had been stored close to Oklahoma City. The auctioneer trucked them to Tulsa to a location he had rented for the purpose, and got some real good prices for his client. The pins were all set up and turned on and playable. The auctioneer had bidders on the phone. If you were out of state, he was set up that you had a week to make arrangements for shipping.

A local OP saw the success of that auction and put his own pins up for sale. This is the auction where a Game Plan Cyclopes sold for $5200.00 and shipped out of state. An EBD with the small back glass setup brought $2200.00 dollars. The prices were going for high dollars.

Although a number of pinsiders were 2nd guessing him ( is that a surprise?) this auctioneer did an excellent job at both auctions.

EDIT: Those pins in Tulsa were properly stored. They were not from some falling down, leaky-roof chicken shed.

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Would be nice to let the Kansas folks (assuming this is close to OP in Wichita) have a crack at some games. It’s a true pinball desert out here.

I appreciate you thinking of us. But when the Tulsa auctioneer sold those pins in Tulsa and later Wichita, I met people from all over the country. At Tulsa, the Interstate highway system converges at Tulsa. Some prospective buyers were disenchanted because this auctioneer squeezed maximum value for his clients. The buyers' paid up. There were no deals.

#70 3 years ago

I might know someone who might be interested in some pool tables. I'll make contact with him.

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

The only game I see that is worth saving is Cyclopes.

Yeah, but without the boards or back glass you will be in for the search of a lifetime.

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

His best bet is too offer to anyone who wants the whole lot for free on the contingency they take it all by th he end of the month.

You want all for free and will make it be gone by the end of the month? You give me a $5,000.00 deposit and when it is all gone in 30 days I will give you your deposit back.

That's the only way you could separate the real cleaner-outer from the wide eyed passer-by. Otherwise, you will cherry picked, half the stuff will be gone, you will have wasted a month and still have half the stuff to still deal with and you will have to pay to haul it off.

Sure, you could draw up a contingency plan, and then call the lawyers.

#120 3 years ago

My pool table contact has not worked out so far. It would be sad to see the pool tables wind up in a landfill.

#156 3 years ago
Quoted from Bull:

I would love to have that Hollywood Heat for parts and maybe a jukebox or two. However way to far to drive for me for what it would be worth.
Unfortunately as much as I would hate to see what is left go to the scrap pile, doesn’t look like a lot of useful stuff unless completely local.

I'm local. I would like to have that neon back glass light setup for a project. If the price is right...maybe I could pick this up. But I have no interest in any Gottlieb parts. So.....

#164 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Pinsider was out there today trying to buy the pins. Owner won't sell as a retailer has offered to drive from texas to clear the warehouse in exchange for the pins. Interesting to hear how many people on here have contacted to try and buy things tho. Curious to see where these end up with.

I counted 8 pins. Cyclopes is the only one you could argue any kind of value for. And a guy in Texas is going to drive all the way up and spend a fortune on gas.? Someone is going to have to have a truck big enough to haul all the unwanted stuff away. Truck rental, maybe. And then there are landfill fees. And in motel bills and that sounds like a money loser from the word "go".

A new Valley pool table is priced at $2800.00 dollars so if someone was needing some pool tables that could help make the money work out.

I know where the warehouse is at now. I'm less than 30 miles away. And there is no way I would take that on. I'd help by getting the pins out of his way and pay a few bucks for the privilege, and if he wants to rent the truck, etc., I'll help load the trash up to be hauled off.

But to come up all the way from Texas? I can't see it.

#170 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Only repeating what I was told. I was wanting the cyclops and to get the ebd 81 cab.

I understand you were just saying what you were told. If the seller has a buyer-for-it-all lined up he has to go with that. That is what I would do.
I have done a couple of pin chases that were a stretch to justify, but this one is way out there.

#171 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Ive brought back games on par with these. Its not a money making venture. Its more fun than dealing with just another shop job, after you mitigate all the shit.
People on here see no value and yet inbet you the two ebds and cyclops sell if the owner splits them out. Bet they do it near instantly.
That said not worth emptying the warehouse for.

I see some value there because I am close. You are not that far away. Nice clean Bally stainless coin doors are getting hard to find. If these have not been vandalized then they are worth a little bit. It would be nice if the lockdown bars are in a bucket somewhere. Someone mentioned the drop targets on EBD.

But as you state, nothing is worth that warehouse full of nasty labor.

#193 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Well for me the cab is all i need for ebd. Drop the one from my le in it which is axtually an 81 pf already.
The cyclopes is a total gamble. Clear the crap. Pull the plastics. Put an ozone generator it. Pf and plastics might be toast.
After that find a donor game for the boards and lockdown bar. Have a line on a couple cheap gameplans. Get the aftermarket mpu.
Worst part is the backglass. Could be a multi year search. If the pf or plastics are hosed its gonna be strictly players grade abd they may well be.

Like you, I see value in that EDB cab. I don't see any water damage and cab floors are easy to replace. And the play field on the LE looks like it might have some possibilities, and perhaps combine the two, but you will be hunting for a back glass.

I have a friend with a restored Cyclopes play field. So even with the crapped on play field, I think all of the other parts can be salvaged, such as the pop caps and plastics. But he would still be hunting for boards and that cool back glass will be a Holy Grail item. It still has the displays in the back box.

#198 3 years ago
Quoted from SNES:

I’m sorry, but I love the irony of a person with the handle “dung” trying to buy a game literally covered in it!

It is Asian. I worked with a Dung Le. It took me. awhile to figure out his name was not Dungle. It is sort of like Phuket Thailand.

I envision a bumper sticker saying something like this:
If you can't fix it then (in small letters now---take a vacation to ) Phuket.

Here is another one: " The Hungarian word for kiss is 'puszi' and it is pronounced very similarly to the English word 'pussy'".

https://www.reddit.com/r/FalseFriends/comments/20y0lf/the_hungarian_word_for_kiss_is_puszi_and_it_is/

So, imagine yourself sitting in your office next to the Hungarian immigrant telling his girlfriend " puszi puszi" on the phone.

#218 3 years ago
Quoted from pindoc1:

YouTube will take it down saying it offends someone or a raccoon or something.

Gee, your post generated a down vote. Raccoon lover, maybe?

#224 3 years ago
Quoted from pindoc1:

I dunno. I don't see a down vote. Just 3 up votes.
My comment was just meant as a mostly light hearted swipe at social media trying to control everyone.

Quoted from LTG:

Who ever did it removed it.
LTG : )

No. It is still there.

Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 7.31.04 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-01-08 at 7.31.04 PM (resized).png

1 week later
#233 3 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

Public service announcement:
Spangles restaurant is delicious

Since Spangles is a local franchise and you are from Texas, a mere 700 miles away, would you care to regale us with your story of driving all those miles to clean up a load of raccoon crap and find value when us locals were finding it hard to even let go of a bag of quarters ? I can't speak the others, but I am the nosey type and would love to hear your trade secrets. Or read about them. You could probably sells tickets.

I already know about Spangle's French fries so you can keep that part of the story to yourself

#238 3 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

Any locals want to meet up, pm me

PM sent.

1 week later
#254 3 years ago

I made a deal with dc2010 and salvaged a Stern coin door from some unidentified Stern video cabinet. There are some very nice Williams coin doors over there. Most of them are the black painted/power coated style. They look almost new so if your coin door has been trashed from vandal action you might be able to upgrade from his inventory.

This is what the Cyclopes did look like.

980fb0cfbbe2388e7f1716da95b1bd38278d6871 (resized).jpg980fb0cfbbe2388e7f1716da95b1bd38278d6871 (resized).jpg

I just got back from salvaging a coin door. dc2010 did a little bit of clean up. Judging from this small area that cleaned up, it looks like it will clean up nicely. The inserts are not cupped. All of the parts are there; The play field is complete. The cleaned area shows no sign of planking. Maybe when he gets it all stripped down something will pop up and make it a complete waste. But so far, so good.

The plastics will clean up. They have some warp and will need straightened. The colors are still there.

He will need a lockdown bar, the circuit boards, one more score display, and a back glass. The cabinet is in good condition and need 2-3 minor touch ups. And one of 400 units can live again.

For the squeamish among you, get a paint mask with vapor filters, a heavy duty set of rubber gloves, a pair of disposable overalls, a shop vac, and go to work. I spent some time growing up on my grandparents farm where shoveling shit happened from time to time. This will take some work but it is quite doable.

IMG_5444 (resized).JPGIMG_5444 (resized).JPG

#256 3 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Unless you are super lucky even if it cleans up half way decent the paint is going to start lifting as soon as balls start rolling over that playfield.

You bring up a real possibility. My first pin, A Bally Playboy did that. All this powder started showing up. By the time I was finished, that black area with the rabbit looked like whitewood. The only history I had on that was that there was a mud dauber's nest inside the back box.

Quoted from too-many-pins:

I bought several machines that had rat nest, mouse nest, etc on top of them and even the ones I was able to clean up turned out to be trash because of the waste attacking the bond between the paint and the wood.

I bought a Gottlieb Target Pool that had been living in basement. I had to knock the floor out and there were nests on the play field, but that play field cleaned up nice and held up after the Novus clean up.

There is that risk of paint/ wood separation but that will be his risk. All I can say is that the area that was cleaned up looks good enough to do the labor of love and proceed. It is not something I would consider with an average pin. But Cyclopes, IMO, is worth the risk of giving a clean up for a good look-see. The cabinet has a home with someone else in the wings if it does not work out.

#264 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Picked these up yesterday. Lotta arcade stuff in both buildings. The 81 is an odd duck. No crap on it, but the pf looks like a belt sander hit it. Lightboard is swollen and one display holder is rusty. There is no other rust in the game, the mechs are minty and the cabinet is sold. Back of the cab isn't swollen either.
The hollywood heats i got for a local. He is going to need to find speaker panels, boards, but both cabs are nice. One had a little crap on it but not much. Other is dusty as all get out.
The warehouse is a maze. Feels like multiple buildings put togethet. Different areas. Some dry as a bone, some not. There is also a retail building with games that is clean.
dc2010 was very reasonable with the projects. If anyone else wants to go out budget time as there is a lot to see.
[quoted image][quoted image]

DC told me someone was buying the EBD cabinet. You probably got there right after I left with my coin door.

#271 3 years ago

I made another trip to the warehouse to pick up the Game Plan Agent 777 cab and play field for a friend. This play field was fairly clean because the back glass was just laying across the top and offered some protection. The back glass itself was trash.

A little more of the poop was cleaned off of the Cyclopes play field. It is going to clean up nicely so far as I can tell, at this point in time.

IMG_5483 (resized).JPGIMG_5483 (resized).JPG

IMG_5484 (resized).JPGIMG_5484 (resized).JPG

I do see some small areas up in the upper left that have some moisture ( urine ) damage but nothing that Keith in Ft. Worth can't fix.

IMG_5485 (resized).JPGIMG_5485 (resized).JPG

Perhaps when DC2010 gets it all cleaned up something ugly will rear its head, but right now, it is still worth the elbow grease needed to clean it up. None, not one, of the inserts are cupped. I wish he did not want keep it. For 400 units produced it is worth the time to try and save it.

#279 3 years ago
Quoted from Froytheorc:

Picked up the Area 51 cabinet, and the Spider Stompin today. Darren, was as advertised, easy to work with. I hope you get a lot more people on Sunday DC.
[quoted image]

For the pinballers, this warehouse is a good exercise in the relative value of an item. We have heart attacks when we see pics of pinballs turned into coffee tables or worse, seeing them sitting out by the dumpster, etc. I went to the for the pins only.

I am not a video game person. I played them a little bit in their day, but was not good at them and had little interest in going broke trying to learn them.

So, while I would shudder upon seeing a pinball out by the dumpster, I couldn't care less about a video game. I do not know their value or their worth. And some people have the same knowledge about pinball machines; Not working---trash it.

It is all relative.
==============================================================================

There is a Gottlieb Bounty Hunter pin in the warehouse that is going to go begging. Nice solid cab and back box. The play field is OK. But no back glass, no boards. Only 32 pinsiders own a Bounty Hunter and only 38 want a Bounty Hunter. If someone does not go buy it, I may be tempted to have another look. There might be enough similarities in cab design that I could convert for use on in a classic Stern build. this would leave me with a play field that would have no useful purpose other than being a wall hanging or a coffee table.

Someone needs to go buy that pin so I won't be tempted. The same goes for an EM Chicago Coin pitch-n-bat. It has a decent back glass and a decent play field and good solid cabinet. But it is dirty and there is a minor bit of poop to scrape off.

If no one steps up, these will go to the crusher.

Sad part is that Bounty Hunter looks like it would be fun to play. But the Pinside price of $800.00 does not leave any room to fix it up without being buried in it.

#282 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Bounty Hunter is a Gottlieb 80B pin, and Gottlieb used mdf for these cabinets. Solid 80B cabs are very hard to find. I needed one to swap for my pins badly swollen cabinet, and I looked for a year before finding one.

Thanks for warning me off of that cabinet. I loathe MDF and Walmart loves MDF for use in its furniture. This one looks like a good candidate to be a coffee table.

#283 3 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

I will not trash any of the pins,
But,
If someone is interested in Black Pyramid, Bounty Hunter, or El Dorado city of Gold ..step up make a solid offer, prefer those go to someone who either can put them back together , or bring back a grail
I sold the EBD cab to a pinsider who had parts for it from this very warehouse
And the agent 777 to another who will use it to build his Cyclopes!
Prefer none of it go in the dumpster, but not alot of interest apparently

BG Resto makes the Black Pyramid repro back glass and the one in the warehouse does have a decent play field.

But City of Gold and Bounty Hunter have no such option.

If I knew how to work on EMs I might try to save the pitch-n-bat. But it would be a labor of love only. And my hands are full with the direction that I am already going.

#287 3 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

That pitch n bat did start a game!, But needs gone through

I'll talk to my cousin again and see if he will change his mind since you got it to work.

#290 3 years ago
Quoted from frosken:

if it cannot be brought back to life, I would guarantee some owners wouldn't mind grabbing it just for parts before someone decides to make a table out of it...

Always the problem. You are here. The parts are there. The parts have value but not enough value to get them from here to there. The warehouse is located about 5 minutes from I-35. Michelle at STI could get some one to ship it but shipping cost eats up the value.

#291 3 years ago
Quoted from Drewscruis:

If shipping was an option and the cab was solid, I'd be interested in the eldorado.

I did not look closely at City of Gold but what I did see looked solid. It is in a dry area of the warehouse. As mentioned in another post, the warehouse is located 5 minutes from I-35 with Wichita on one end and Kansas City on the other. KC will get you to anywhere on the east coast. Wichita will get you to Oklahoma City and Denver and to anywhere on the gulf coast and west coast.

#300 3 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

There may be a thread with TWO Cyclopes restorations.

When dc2010 gets back with me we are going to try and scan the Cyclopes cabinet and back box for the cabinet artwork. Pinball Pimp has cab stencils for 3 Game Plan pins, but Cyclopes is not one of the three.

#301 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Ken has a city of gold backglass available right now on the pinside marketplace:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/103142

Gottlieb produced 905 City of Gold's.

IIRC, the COG play field looked to be in good condition. As noted, this pin lives in a dry area of the warehouse. I also do not recall seeing and poop on this one. But I did not go over it with a fine tooth comb. I don't know if the displays are there, or not.

If you have a back glass, then all you would need are the boards and a play field glass.

Not my kind of pin and I am out of room or I could consider it.

#303 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

So did dc2010 move everything out of the site and is selling from his own place?
(Just trying to keep up...)

No.

#305 3 years ago

dc2010 found out that some lady from nearby was feeding a bunch of cats at some point in time. So it is cat poop instead of coon poop.

I have a cat and the daily chore is emptying the cat box. Cleaning off the play field is not much different.

1 week later
#317 3 years ago

The El Dorado City of Gold and Bounty Hunter have found new homes.

2 weeks later
#318 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The El Dorado City of Gold and Bounty Hunter have found new homes.

A back glass for the City of Gold has been located. This one will live again. The Black Pyramid is gone; Since BG Restso makes repro backglasses for BP, it will come back to life as well.

3 months later
#322 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

A back glass for the City of Gold has been located. This one will live again. The Black Pyramid is gone; Since BG Restso makes repro backglasses for BP, it will come back to life as well.

A back glass for the Bounty Hunter has been located. This pin will also live again.

IMG_6760 (resized).JPGIMG_6760 (resized).JPG

IMG_6761 (resized).JPGIMG_6761 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA
$ 10.00
Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 179.00
$ 129.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-sell-a-warehouse-of-arcade-games-and-pins?tu=cottonm4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.