(Topic ID: 284837)

How do you sell a warehouse of arcade games and pins?

By pindoc1

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6760 (resized).JPG
IMG_6761 (resized).JPG
giphy.gif
723FEACB-86A2-4BA2-B07C-81352B284177.jpeg
20210130_194639 (resized).jpg
IMG_5485 (resized).JPG
IMG_5484 (resized).JPG
IMG_5483 (resized).JPG
20210123_182027 (resized).jpg
20210123_182034 (resized).jpg
wipes off.gif
IMG_5444 (resized).JPG
980fb0cfbbe2388e7f1716da95b1bd38278d6871 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210115_114353 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 7.31.04 PM (resized).png
giphy95Hc8PMCBjo9BXa95fixed95width.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tilt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Contact Troy Smith
Pretty much the best single person for this volume of vids and pins combined.
He is fair and will make a deal that makes money for you while also leaving opportunities for Him To make some for the effort involved.
Lots of people will tell you they have the cash... Troy actually seems to make these deals happen.

You will hear tons of advice from many people that honestly dont have a clue. So ill give you a few things to think about that I know for a fact since this is what i do.

Getting the maximum value with little to no effort is just not possible with any way you go. Your talking about im guessing at least 6000 square feet of space being used if the number you say is correct. I have been in and bought many warehouses, besides the games, there is going to be junk and parts around as well, no one keeps that many games sitting around with out compiling other stuff as well.

Contacting an auction company is an easy way to go, but that doesn't mean its the best way to go either.

For maximum value, each item needs tested, this is a multiple day job itself. and then once a game is tested, it would need cleaned up. (im not talking a shop job, im talking about a simple wipe the machine/glass down to make it presentable to sell) This is a job itself, one person cant do 250-300 games in a single day and do a good job of it.

Location. There really isn't a good location anywhere in the country to sell at auction a load of that many projects. lets be honest, whether its vids or pins, chances are slim of them working. You can easily find someone in a specific area that would take on a few projects, especially if they are a desired machine. but finding someone that will take on 250 projects with many shitty games is different, as well as finding 250 different people that each are willing to take on a shitty game.

Also with auction, essentially, it is allowing people to pick and choose. so yes the addams family game will sell, and sell well, the stripped down and parted out shaq attack wont sell, so then you still have to deal with stuff afterwards.

To get maximum value, you will need to ship the stuff. are you prepared to pallet and ship hundreds of games? if not, you will have to pay someone (auction company or individual) and thats not free.

Are you going to want 200 different people coming in to the place to removed the game they bought (and maybe a game they didn't buy) once again, this takes time, and time is money, someone will get paid for it

These are just some of the things, i can go on and on

Now selling to an individual. There will be tons that say that they can and will do it. Just remember, i said "that they can and will" when it comes to actually doing it, now that is a different number.

You are very limited on the amount of people that can actually take on a job of that size. The volume alone is daunting. I bet that there is only a handful of people on this website that have actually moved 50 games in a single day, and even less that have done this kind of number.

Funds, you are limited with the number of people that actually have the cash for this volume, and yes people have the cash, but then you have to have the warehouse space to put this in, and then you have to have the ability to transport this many machines. each factor in this equation reduces the number of people that can do this job.

and once again, i can give many pros and cons of doing it this way.

I understand that you want to help your friend get maximum value, we all do, but there is multiple levels of where a person will stop to get maximum value. Lets be real, you want maximum value, you fix, clean, shop every single game out. There, you get the most "$" and thus maximum value. But now throw in your time and effort, and that "$" number is far lower. You want maximum value, let people pick and choose, but then you will get stuck with a ton of shit that no one wanted

You are more than welcome to contact me, this is a task that i can handle, cost, logistics all of it. In my dealing with large purchases, many have liked the honesty from when i talk to them and explain things. I will not give you top dollar for the games, but i explain why and help you understand why my price is worthy as well. Because on deals like this, it has to be valuable for the buyer as well.

so PM me if you want to talk

thanks
Troy

3 weeks later
#269 3 years ago

Darren is very easy to work with and will make deals on what is there. Very fair prices. I stopped in this morning and after a short time, went and grabbed a 26 foot uhaul and filled it up

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 179.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 98.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Sturgeon Bay, WI
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tilt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-sell-a-warehouse-of-arcade-games-and-pins?tu=Tilt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.