(Topic ID: 284837)

How do you sell a warehouse of arcade games and pins?

By pindoc1

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6760 (resized).JPG
IMG_6761 (resized).JPG
giphy.gif
723FEACB-86A2-4BA2-B07C-81352B284177.jpeg
20210130_194639 (resized).jpg
IMG_5485 (resized).JPG
IMG_5484 (resized).JPG
IMG_5483 (resized).JPG
20210123_182027 (resized).jpg
20210123_182034 (resized).jpg
wipes off.gif
IMG_5444 (resized).JPG
980fb0cfbbe2388e7f1716da95b1bd38278d6871 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210115_114353 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 7.31.04 PM (resized).png
giphy95Hc8PMCBjo9BXa95fixed95width.gif
There are 324 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
#301 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Ken has a city of gold backglass available right now on the pinside marketplace:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/103142

Gottlieb produced 905 City of Gold's.

IIRC, the COG play field looked to be in good condition. As noted, this pin lives in a dry area of the warehouse. I also do not recall seeing and poop on this one. But I did not go over it with a fine tooth comb. I don't know if the displays are there, or not.

If you have a back glass, then all you would need are the boards and a play field glass.

Not my kind of pin and I am out of room or I could consider it.

#302 3 years ago

So did dc2010 move everything out of the site and is selling from his own place?

(Just trying to keep up...)

#303 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

So did dc2010 move everything out of the site and is selling from his own place?
(Just trying to keep up...)

No.

#304 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Glad to see positive results coming out of this thread.

After seeing that Cyclopes, I'm guessing those positive results are related to HEP-C

#305 3 years ago

dc2010 found out that some lady from nearby was feeding a bunch of cats at some point in time. So it is cat poop instead of coon poop.

I have a cat and the daily chore is emptying the cat box. Cleaning off the play field is not much different.

#306 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I made another trip to the warehouse to pick up the Game Plan Agent 777 cab and play field for a friend. This play field was fairly clean because the back glass was just laying across the top and offered some protection. The back glass itself was trash.
A little more of the poop was cleaned off of the Cyclopes play field. It is going to clean up nicely so far as I can tell, at this point in time.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I do see some small areas up in the upper left that have some moisture ( urine ) damage but nothing that Keith in Ft. Worth can't fix.
[quoted image]
Perhaps when DC2010 gets it all cleaned up something ugly will rear its head, but right now, it is still worth the elbow grease needed to clean it up. None, not one, of the inserts are cupped. I wish he did not want keep it. For 400 units produced it is worth the time to try and save it.

He called the shit poop

#307 3 years ago

That Cyclopes is F&*king disgusting. Throw that thing in the garbage before you or someone gets sick..

#309 3 years ago

Daditude I literally just found this thread randomly and was scrolling through all of it. Got to the last comment and it was yours tagging me haha. So sad that all of these games got to this point. What is the cabinet that had Sonic on the side? It was only partially in a picture. I've never seen that before and I grew up in the Sega era (I'm 38). I don't recall ever seeing Sonic at arcades.

#310 3 years ago
Quoted from jvivlemore:

daditude I literally just found this thread randomly and was scrolling through all of it. Got to the last comment and it was yours tagging me haha. So sad that all of these games got to this point. What is the cabinet that had Sonic on the side? It was only partially in a picture. I've never seen that before and I grew up in the Sega era (I'm 38). I don't recall ever seeing Sonic at arcades.

It's a Sega redemption game called cut the cheese, it's missing parts,

The wild west is another Sega redemption game I think and there is a Data East Futbol redemption game(working)

#311 3 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

It's a Sega redemption game called cut the cheese, it's missing parts

It's a Sega redemption game called cut the cheese, it's missing farts

^^ fixed it for you

#312 3 years ago

I applaud each and everyone of you that is saving ANY of this stuff. I did about a half dozen warehouse raids back in the early 90's and it was a pickers paradise. Pinballs and arcade games for $50 bucks a pop. Stacks of original pcbs for $10 each because of conversion kits. Much of this stuff ended up in DUMPSTERS when these buildings became abandoned or sold off. If I only knew then , what we all are looking for now.......jeez.

I once bought 2 environmental cabinet Discs of Tron for $125!

#313 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Curious how much of original game was in the restored version. What % was original?

#314 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#315 3 years ago

It is good to see stuff being saved. Around 1990 I had a friend that rented a small shop in a business park where he fixed electronics. One evening I went to see him and the guys next to him we're moving out. They fixed pinball machines. I saw hundreds of back glasses get smashed into a dumpster.

#316 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinbub:

I saw hundreds of back glasses get smashed into a dumpster.

1 week later
#317 3 years ago

The El Dorado City of Gold and Bounty Hunter have found new homes.

2 weeks later
#318 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The El Dorado City of Gold and Bounty Hunter have found new homes.

A back glass for the City of Gold has been located. This one will live again. The Black Pyramid is gone; Since BG Restso makes repro backglasses for BP, it will come back to life as well.

#319 3 years ago

All of the pins have found new homes.

Cyclopes and Ebd Le came with me, the rest will live on with others

#320 3 years ago

This has been and continues to be an adventure

I've made new friends and connections

Expanded my collection

Time is running short however, there is 2 pool tables and dynamo air hockey tables, as well as some working arcades left, the afterburner cockpit and hang-on

If anyone is interested in anything please get with me
It's getting close to sledge hammer time and I really don't want to do that

#321 3 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

Expanded my collection
Time is running short however, there is 2 pool tables and dynamo air hockey tables, as well as some working arcades left, the afterburner cockpit and hang-on

I just wish I had gotten the sign :/ It haunts me still lol

3 months later
#322 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

A back glass for the City of Gold has been located. This one will live again. The Black Pyramid is gone; Since BG Restso makes repro backglasses for BP, it will come back to life as well.

A back glass for the Bounty Hunter has been located. This pin will also live again.

IMG_6760 (resized).JPGIMG_6760 (resized).JPG

IMG_6761 (resized).JPGIMG_6761 (resized).JPG

#323 2 years ago

How is that Cyclopes coming along? Did the playfield hold up?

#324 2 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

Expanded my collection

If only we could have found a shipper to the east coast!

Lucky score on the Cyclopes by the way. Excited to see your progress.

Quoted from cottonm4:

A back glass for the Bounty Hunter has been located. This pin will also live again.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Great job!! Bounty Hunter is such a sweet game

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
$ 98.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Sturgeon Bay, WI
Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 179.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 324 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-sell-a-warehouse-of-arcade-games-and-pins/page/7?hl=froytheorc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.