(Topic ID: 284837)

How do you sell a warehouse of arcade games and pins?

By pindoc1

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6760 (resized).JPG
IMG_6761 (resized).JPG
giphy.gif
723FEACB-86A2-4BA2-B07C-81352B284177.jpeg
20210130_194639 (resized).jpg
IMG_5485 (resized).JPG
IMG_5484 (resized).JPG
IMG_5483 (resized).JPG
20210123_182027 (resized).jpg
20210123_182034 (resized).jpg
wipes off.gif
IMG_5444 (resized).JPG
980fb0cfbbe2388e7f1716da95b1bd38278d6871 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210115_114353 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 7.31.04 PM (resized).png
giphy95Hc8PMCBjo9BXa95fixed95width.gif

There are 324 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
#251 3 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

Nani versions were an attempt to connect machines, via a server, so high scores could be shared between machines. Those pcb versions are rare but I don't think they are much more valuable.

They are nani versions

#252 3 years ago

Yesterday 19 pool tables were saved, they will be reconditioned by the buyer. I kept one personally
And 2 more will be picked up tomorrow

Today I repaired 2 R93 jukes and 2 CD jukes
One is sold , the other I'm keeping, it is a NSM Sapphire

3 arcades left today, early eighties (plywood) cabs in good shape and 1 cocktail all of those will be 60n1 as they were conversions

Most converted cabs have laminate hiding original artwork , example: a woodgrain laminate removed , revealed a JUNO FIRST cab

The Ebd LE is indeed mylared and good condition cab
The cyclopes pf is cleaning up nicely

I have a bulk buyer coming by mid week, if anyone is looking for something feel free to pm

And Finally, the melting snow pic @blitzburg99 posted
Was a separate section of the large warehouse , it's roof leaked to the point only 2 empty cabs were salvageable, both early eighties conversions (pacman, Major Havoc in tempest cab), the large section and the small warehouse only had isolated spots

I'll post updated pics this weekend

#253 3 years ago

Please send pics. Its good to hear that the games are being saved though.

#254 3 years ago

I made a deal with dc2010 and salvaged a Stern coin door from some unidentified Stern video cabinet. There are some very nice Williams coin doors over there. Most of them are the black painted/power coated style. They look almost new so if your coin door has been trashed from vandal action you might be able to upgrade from his inventory.

This is what the Cyclopes did look like.

980fb0cfbbe2388e7f1716da95b1bd38278d6871 (resized).jpg980fb0cfbbe2388e7f1716da95b1bd38278d6871 (resized).jpg

I just got back from salvaging a coin door. dc2010 did a little bit of clean up. Judging from this small area that cleaned up, it looks like it will clean up nicely. The inserts are not cupped. All of the parts are there; The play field is complete. The cleaned area shows no sign of planking. Maybe when he gets it all stripped down something will pop up and make it a complete waste. But so far, so good.

The plastics will clean up. They have some warp and will need straightened. The colors are still there.

He will need a lockdown bar, the circuit boards, one more score display, and a back glass. The cabinet is in good condition and need 2-3 minor touch ups. And one of 400 units can live again.

For the squeamish among you, get a paint mask with vapor filters, a heavy duty set of rubber gloves, a pair of disposable overalls, a shop vac, and go to work. I spent some time growing up on my grandparents farm where shoveling shit happened from time to time. This will take some work but it is quite doable.

IMG_5444 (resized).JPGIMG_5444 (resized).JPG

#255 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I made a deal with dc2010 and salvaged a Stern coin door from some unidentified Stern video cabinet. There are some very nice Williams coin doors over there. Most of them are the black painted/power coated style. They look almost new so if your coin door has been trashed from vandal action you might be able to upgrade from his inventory.
[quoted image]
I just got back from salvaging a coin door. dc2010 did a little bit of clean up. Judging from this small area that cleaned up, it looks like it will clean up nicely. The inserts are not cupped. All of the parts are there; The play field is complete. The cleaned area shows no sign of planking. Maybe when he gets it all stripped down something will pop up and make it a complete waste. But so far, so good.
The plastics will clean up. They have some warp and will need straightened. The colors are still there.
He will need a lockdown bar, the circuit boards, one more score display, and a back glass. The cabinet is in good condition and need 2-3 minor touch ups. And one of 400 units can live again.
For the squeamish among you, get a paint mask with vapor filters, a heavy duty set of rubber gloves, a pair of disposable overalls, a shop vac, and go to work. I spent some time growing up on my grandparents farm where shoveling shit happened from time to time. This will take some work but it is quite doable.
[quoted image]

Unless you are super lucky even if it cleans up half way decent the paint is going to start lifting as soon as balls start rolling over that playfield. I bought several machines that had rat nest, mouse nest, etc on top of them and even the ones I was able to clean up turned out to be trash because of the waste attacking the bond between the paint and the wood. I had a Wizard that cleaned up to nearly new that had a couple mouse nest on the playfield. I was insanely happy because I paid pretty good money for it. After a good cleaning and waxing I got it up and running and the next thing you know chunks of paint started lifting everywhere the mice had used it for a restroom. I wanted to cry between the hours wasted & what I spent on that machine it took me weeks to get over it.

I have had similar experiences with flood machines. It seems like once that paint starts lifting off the wood you are done and all it takes is just a little moisture to separate the bond attaching the paint to the plywood.

Best of luck!

#256 3 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Unless you are super lucky even if it cleans up half way decent the paint is going to start lifting as soon as balls start rolling over that playfield.

You bring up a real possibility. My first pin, A Bally Playboy did that. All this powder started showing up. By the time I was finished, that black area with the rabbit looked like whitewood. The only history I had on that was that there was a mud dauber's nest inside the back box.

I bought several machines that had rat nest, mouse nest, etc on top of them and even the ones I was able to clean up turned out to be trash because of the waste attacking the bond between the paint and the wood.

I bought a Gottlieb Target Pool that had been living in basement. I had to knock the floor out and there were nests on the play field, but that play field cleaned up nice and held up after the Novus clean up.

There is that risk of paint/ wood separation but that will be his risk. All I can say is that the area that was cleaned up looks good enough to do the labor of love and proceed. It is not something I would consider with an average pin. But Cyclopes, IMO, is worth the risk of giving a clean up for a good look-see. The cabinet has a home with someone else in the wings if it does not work out.

#257 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I'm really happy someone is cleaning it up, I was eyeing the turd picture for a while and it looked like all the parts were there.
I would of picked it up in a heartbeat if I was closer, racoon turds be damned. At the very least I would of re-plated the parts on bottom and salvaged what I could.
Keep us updated!

#258 3 years ago
wipes off.gifwipes off.gif
#259 3 years ago

Could you clearcoat that playfield after cleaning but before playing to prevent delamination?

#260 3 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Could you clearcoat that playfield after cleaning but before playing to prevent delamination?

Yes and I will Absolutely do so!

I plan to clean , touchup and clear the cab as well

It isn't all gloom and doom over here folks

#261 3 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Clear coating will not reattach the lifting paint because the bond between the original paint and the wood is not longer there. Kind of like painting over flaking paint on a house once paint starts lifting the only thing you can do is remove it and repaint. Not something that will work on a playfield.

As I said in my original post about this "hopefully you will be lucky" but if not be prepared for disappointment and lots of wasted time & energy.

#262 3 years ago

Clear coating will not reattach the lifting paint because the bond between the original paint and the wood is not longer there. Kind of like painting over flaking paint on a house once paint starts lifting the only thing you can do is remove it and repaint. Not something that will work on a playfield.
As I said in my original post about this "hopefully you will be lucky" but if not be prepared for disappointment and lots of wasted time & energy.

If your going to the trouble, a playfield scan might be prudent as a hedge against disaster.

#263 3 years ago

Picked these up yesterday. Lotta arcade stuff in both buildings. The 81 is an odd duck. No crap on it, but the pf looks like a belt sander hit it. Lightboard is swollen and one display holder is rusty. There is no other rust in the game, the mechs are minty and the cabinet is sold. Back of the cab isn't swollen either.

The hollywood heats i got for a local. He is going to need to find speaker panels, boards, but both cabs are nice. One had a little crap on it but not much. Other is dusty as all get out.

The warehouse is a maze. Feels like multiple buildings put togethet. Different areas. Some dry as a bone, some not. There is also a retail building with games that is clean.

dc2010 was very reasonable with the projects. If anyone else wants to go out budget time as there is a lot to see.

20210123_182027 (resized).jpg20210123_182027 (resized).jpg20210123_182034 (resized).jpg20210123_182034 (resized).jpg
#264 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Picked these up yesterday. Lotta arcade stuff in both buildings. The 81 is an odd duck. No crap on it, but the pf looks like a belt sander hit it. Lightboard is swollen and one display holder is rusty. There is no other rust in the game, the mechs are minty and the cabinet is sold. Back of the cab isn't swollen either.
The hollywood heats i got for a local. He is going to need to find speaker panels, boards, but both cabs are nice. One had a little crap on it but not much. Other is dusty as all get out.
The warehouse is a maze. Feels like multiple buildings put togethet. Different areas. Some dry as a bone, some not. There is also a retail building with games that is clean.
dc2010 was very reasonable with the projects. If anyone else wants to go out budget time as there is a lot to see.
[quoted image][quoted image]

DC told me someone was buying the EBD cabinet. You probably got there right after I left with my coin door.

#265 3 years ago

Certainly hear what your saying, I however have experience (and a degree) in restoration , I have determined this pf a good candidate,

#266 3 years ago

My friend Darren Hughes is clearing these warehouses in El Dorado, Kansas and they will be opened to the public this saturday and sunday (Jan. 30 and 31). There are hundreds and hundreds of coin-op games that include arcades, pinballs, pool tables, jukeboxes, cigarette machines, parts, and more. You can get one or all.

He is very easy to deal with. I fully vouch for him.

You can reach him on facebook, on pinside.com under his username dc2010, or on his phone (just PM me or him)

#267 3 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

Most converted cabs have laminate hiding original artwork , example: a woodgrain laminate removed , revealed a JUNO FIRST cab

that's awesome! i have two Juno Firsts that were converted; one was painted black and will need a full stencil kit, the other has some thin Tolex-type covering over the art and should be salvageable. i have one working boardset and a second with issues that will hopefully eventually be repaired, and i've purchased a CPO and bezel from This Old Game for whichever cab in keep (i have a couple of original marquees in good shape as well.) such a great game that didn't get much recognition with collectors until the 60-in-1.

#268 3 years ago

There quite a few with laminate covering original art

#269 3 years ago

Darren is very easy to work with and will make deals on what is there. Very fair prices. I stopped in this morning and after a short time, went and grabbed a 26 foot uhaul and filled it up

#270 3 years ago
Quoted from mc300baud:

that's awesome! i have two Juno Firsts that were converted; one was painted black and will need a full stencil kit, the other has some thin Tolex-type covering over the art and should be salvageable. i have one working boardset and a second with issues that will hopefully eventually be repaired, and i've purchased a CPO and bezel from This Old Game for whichever cab in keep (i have a couple of original marquees in good shape as well.) such a great game that didn't get much recognition with collectors until the 60-in-1.

#271 3 years ago

I made another trip to the warehouse to pick up the Game Plan Agent 777 cab and play field for a friend. This play field was fairly clean because the back glass was just laying across the top and offered some protection. The back glass itself was trash.

A little more of the poop was cleaned off of the Cyclopes play field. It is going to clean up nicely so far as I can tell, at this point in time.

IMG_5483 (resized).JPGIMG_5483 (resized).JPG

IMG_5484 (resized).JPGIMG_5484 (resized).JPG

I do see some small areas up in the upper left that have some moisture ( urine ) damage but nothing that Keith in Ft. Worth can't fix.

IMG_5485 (resized).JPGIMG_5485 (resized).JPG

Perhaps when DC2010 gets it all cleaned up something ugly will rear its head, but right now, it is still worth the elbow grease needed to clean it up. None, not one, of the inserts are cupped. I wish he did not want keep it. For 400 units produced it is worth the time to try and save it.

#272 3 years ago

If you all are able to restore thess, you have talent, no doubt!! Hopefully everybody updates this thread with progress.

#273 3 years ago

Does the smell ever go away?

#274 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

Does the smell ever go away?

From experience there are a few options. Sprays, ozone generator, but just baking soda. Wont do it

#275 3 years ago

Picked up the Area 51 cabinet, and the Spider Stompin today. Darren, was as advertised, easy to work with. I hope you get a lot more people on Sunday DC.

20210130_194639 (resized).jpg20210130_194639 (resized).jpg
#276 3 years ago
Quoted from Froytheorc:

Picked up the Area 51 cabinet, and the Spider Stompin today. Darren, was as advertised, easy to work with. I hope you get a lot more people on Sunday DC.
[quoted image]

Thank you , was a pleasure meeting you!

#277 3 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

Certainly hear what your saying, I however have experience (and a degree) in restoration , I have determined this pf a good candidate,

You should start a thread dedicated to the cyclops restoration.

#278 3 years ago

Darren is super easy to work with. If you want some super cheap deals on coin-op goodies...this is your time to find them.

#279 3 years ago
Quoted from Froytheorc:

[quoted image]

For the pinballers, this warehouse is a good exercise in the relative value of an item. We have heart attacks when we see pics of pinballs turned into coffee tables or worse, seeing them sitting out by the dumpster, etc. I went to the for the pins only.

I am not a video game person. I played them a little bit in their day, but was not good at them and had little interest in going broke trying to learn them.

So, while I would shudder upon seeing a pinball out by the dumpster, I couldn't care less about a video game. I do not know their value or their worth. And some people have the same knowledge about pinball machines; Not working---trash it.

It is all relative.
==============================================================================

There is a Gottlieb Bounty Hunter pin in the warehouse that is going to go begging. Nice solid cab and back box. The play field is OK. But no back glass, no boards. Only 32 pinsiders own a Bounty Hunter and only 38 want a Bounty Hunter. If someone does not go buy it, I may be tempted to have another look. There might be enough similarities in cab design that I could convert for use on in a classic Stern build. this would leave me with a play field that would have no useful purpose other than being a wall hanging or a coffee table.

Someone needs to go buy that pin so I won't be tempted. The same goes for an EM Chicago Coin pitch-n-bat. It has a decent back glass and a decent play field and good solid cabinet. But it is dirty and there is a minor bit of poop to scrape off.

If no one steps up, these will go to the crusher.

Sad part is that Bounty Hunter looks like it would be fun to play. But the Pinside price of $800.00 does not leave any room to fix it up without being buried in it.

#280 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

For the pinballers, this warehouse is a good exercise in the relative value of an item. We have heart attacks when we see pics of pinballs turned into coffee tables or worse, seeing them sitting out by the dumpster, etc. I went to the for the pins only.
I am not a video game person. I played them a little bit in their day, but was not good at them and had little interest in going broke trying to learn them.
So, while I would shudder upon seeing a pinball out by the dumpster, I couldn't care less about a video game. I do not know their value or their worth. And some people have the same knowledge about pinball machines; Not working---trash it.
It is all relative.
There is a Gottlieb Bounty Hunter pin in the warehouse that is going to go begging. Nice solid cab and back box. The play field is OK. But no back glass, no boards. Only 32 pinsiders own a Bounty Hunter and only 38 want a Bounty Hunter. If someone does not go buy it, I may be tempted to have another look. There might be enough similarities in cab design that I could convert for use on in a classic Stern build. this would leave me with a play field that would have no useful purpose other than being a wall hanging or a coffee table.
Someone needs to go buy that pin so I won't be tempted. The same goes for an EM Chicago Coin pitch-n-bat. It has a decent back glass and a decent play field and good solid cabinet. But it is dirty and there is a minor bit of poop to scrape off.
Sad part is that Bounty Hunter looks like it would be fun to play. But the Pinside price of $800.00 does not leave any room to fix it up without being buried in it.

Bounty Hunter is a Gottlieb 80B pin, and Gottlieb used mdf for these cabinets. Solid 80B cabs are very hard to find. I needed one to swap for my pins badly swollen cabinet, and I looked for a year before finding one.

#281 3 years ago

I will not trash any of the pins,

But,

If someone is interested in Black Pyramid, Bounty Hunter, or El Dorado city of Gold ..step up make a solid offer, prefer those go to someone who either can put them back together , or bring back a grail

I sold the EBD cab to a pinsider who had parts for it from this very warehouse

And the agent 777 to another who will use it to build his Cyclopes!

Prefer none of it go in the dumpster, but not alot of interest apparently

#282 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Bounty Hunter is a Gottlieb 80B pin, and Gottlieb used mdf for these cabinets. Solid 80B cabs are very hard to find. I needed one to swap for my pins badly swollen cabinet, and I looked for a year before finding one.

Thanks for warning me off of that cabinet. I loathe MDF and Walmart loves MDF for use in its furniture. This one looks like a good candidate to be a coffee table.

#283 3 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

But,
If someone is interested in Black Pyramid, Bounty Hunter, or El Dorado city of Gold ..step up make a solid offer, prefer those go to someone who either can put them back together , or bring back a grail

BG Resto makes the Black Pyramid repro back glass and the one in the warehouse does have a decent play field.

But City of Gold and Bounty Hunter have no such option.

If I knew how to work on EMs I might try to save the pitch-n-bat. But it would be a labor of love only. And my hands are full with the direction that I am already going.

#284 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

BG Resto makes the Black Pyramid repro back glass and the one in the warehouse does have a decent play field.
If I knew how to work on EMs I might try to save the pitch-n-bat. But it would be a labor of love only. And my hands are full with the direction that I am already going.

That pitch n bat did start a game!, But needs gone through

#285 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

If you all are able to restore thess, you have talent, no doubt!! Hopefully everybody updates this thread with progress.

Most are just missing parts

#286 3 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

But,

I'd go back and pick up bounty hunter, but im outta space after ebd and can't justify another project.

#287 3 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

That pitch n bat did start a game!, But needs gone through

I'll talk to my cousin again and see if he will change his mind since you got it to work.

#288 3 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

But,

If shipping was an option and the cab was solid, I'd be interested in the eldorado.

#289 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It is all relative.

As a previous owner of a Bounty Hunter project, if I still had it, I would have made arrangements to pick it up. Mine had a an awfully swollen cabinet and the playfield was trash, but the backglass was mint. Good luck finding any non-electronic parts for this title. if it cannot be brought back to life, I would guarantee some owners wouldn't mind grabbing it just for parts before someone decides to make a table out of it...

#290 3 years ago
Quoted from frosken:

if it cannot be brought back to life, I would guarantee some owners wouldn't mind grabbing it just for parts before someone decides to make a table out of it...

Always the problem. You are here. The parts are there. The parts have value but not enough value to get them from here to there. The warehouse is located about 5 minutes from I-35. Michelle at STI could get some one to ship it but shipping cost eats up the value.

#291 3 years ago
Quoted from Drewscruis:

If shipping was an option and the cab was solid, I'd be interested in the eldorado.

I did not look closely at City of Gold but what I did see looked solid. It is in a dry area of the warehouse. As mentioned in another post, the warehouse is located 5 minutes from I-35 with Wichita on one end and Kansas City on the other. KC will get you to anywhere on the east coast. Wichita will get you to Oklahoma City and Denver and to anywhere on the gulf coast and west coast.

#292 3 years ago

Glad to see positive results coming out of this thread.

723FEACB-86A2-4BA2-B07C-81352B284177.jpeg723FEACB-86A2-4BA2-B07C-81352B284177.jpeg
#293 3 years ago

I really hope there will be a thread dedicated to the Cyclopes project.

#294 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Glad to see positive results coming out of this thread.
[quoted image]

Lol

#295 3 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

But,

Quote from above. “If no one steps up, these will go to the crusher.” Seems like a “solid offer” is any offer IMO.

#296 3 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

Quote from above. “If no one steps up, these will go to the crusher.” Seems like a “solid offer” is any offer IMO.

Whoa!!!!

Pins not included lol

As noted by several in this thread that have come out , I'm not hard to work with , there is no doubt some of what's here (not pins) will get parted and the rest crushed, however my main focus is to save as much as possible

#297 3 years ago
Quoted from Drewscruis:

I think shipping might be problematic. Someone would need to verify if the machine was free of droppings. Otherwise think a lot of shippers would say unless it was prewrapped in plastic.

Quoted from alexanr1:

Having been there, talked to, and purchased from dc2010, this isn't the pins. Prices were reasonable, our negotiations were I am willing to pay x for the ebd and my buddy is offering x for the two hollywood heats. There was no haggling. The prices paid were very reasonable. We spent most of the time talking about our games, neat things found in the warehouse, and various projects we had taken on.

There are too many arcades for any one person to haul away. I am sure the rare, desirable, will get saved, but no one is going to cry if a few empty generic cabs get crushed.

#298 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Ken has a city of gold backglass available right now on the pinside marketplace:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/103142

#299 3 years ago
Quoted from no-extra-balls:

I really hope there will be a thread dedicated to the Cyclopes project.

There may be a thread with TWO Cyclopes restorations.

#300 3 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

There may be a thread with TWO Cyclopes restorations.

When dc2010 gets back with me we are going to try and scan the Cyclopes cabinet and back box for the cabinet artwork. Pinball Pimp has cab stencils for 3 Game Plan pins, but Cyclopes is not one of the three.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
There are 324 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-sell-a-warehouse-of-arcade-games-and-pins/page/6?hl=jenniebear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.