(Topic ID: 284837)

How do you sell a warehouse of arcade games and pins?

By pindoc1

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6760 (resized).JPG
IMG_6761 (resized).JPG
giphy.gif
723FEACB-86A2-4BA2-B07C-81352B284177.jpeg
20210130_194639 (resized).jpg
IMG_5485 (resized).JPG
IMG_5484 (resized).JPG
IMG_5483 (resized).JPG
20210123_182027 (resized).jpg
20210123_182034 (resized).jpg
wipes off.gif
IMG_5444 (resized).JPG
980fb0cfbbe2388e7f1716da95b1bd38278d6871 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210115_114353 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 7.31.04 PM (resized).png
giphy95Hc8PMCBjo9BXa95fixed95width.gif
There are 324 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
#201 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Pretty Shitty thing to say!

How craptastic

#202 3 years ago

1-800-Got Junk

#203 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Here’s the Cyclopes...run, don’t walk!
[quoted image]

Spinner good...

#204 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Pretty Shitty thing to say!

It’s better to be pissed off than pissed on.

#205 3 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

That poor Cyclopes...

giphy95Hc8PMCBjo9BXa95fixed95width.gifgiphy95Hc8PMCBjo9BXa95fixed95width.gif
#206 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Like you, I see value in that EDB cab. I don't see any water damage and cab floors are easy to replace. And the play field on the LE looks like it might have some possibilities, and perhaps combine the two, but you will be hunting for a back glass.

Look closely and you will see water damage on the top of the backbox insert of the EBD. Probably more that we can't see, too.

#207 3 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

Look closely and you will see water damage on the top of the backbox insert of the EBD. Probably more that we can't see, too.

Bottom of the head is sagging / drooping over the sides, with visible water staining too... and where the lockbar is missing (because of course) the right side of the cabinet has swelled and split. Maybe fixable yet.... but that's just what's visible.

I'd rather deal with fixing a cab like that didn't come with rancid infectants for the privilege of claiming it.

Guy earlier posted two EBDs picked from here on his trailer and said he had room to spare... why'd he leave this one?

'Tis a shame.

#208 3 years ago

If you look closely, you can see the many drops of melting snow dripping across the whole room. The white blurry lines are what to look for. And they ain’t no little raindrops. It sounded like a storm drain after a strong rain storm. I have a video but don’t know how to upload it.
15E13671-0E15-4018-8FF1-91388A120EB9 (resized).jpeg15E13671-0E15-4018-8FF1-91388A120EB9 (resized).jpeg

#209 3 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Guy earlier posted two EBDs picked from here on his trailer and said he had room to spare... why'd he leave this one?
'Tis a shame.

The LE had the most potential of anything left there. Only one or two raccoon turds. Cabinet was solid and the playfield was mylared, so it may clean up well. Needs boards and backglass.

The 81 has salvageable cabinet, but will take work. Wiring harness complete but all metals were corroded. No boards. Playfield shot. Plastics shot. No backglass.

A wise pinball guy told me recently, “sometimes a great project pinball is the one you miss out on”....

#210 3 years ago

Here’s the Cyclopes...run, don’t walk!
[quoted image]

If it was free i would actually take the time to clean it, Cyclops is ultra-rare here.

#211 3 years ago

I have a video but don’t know how to upload it.

You can't here. Put it on Youtube and post the link here.

LTG : )

#212 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You can't here. Put it on Youtube and post the link here.

YouTube will take it down saying it offends someone or a raccoon or something.

#213 3 years ago
Quoted from pindoc1:

You could always try Vimeo or Odysee if you wouldn't rather use youtube.

#214 3 years ago
Quoted from pindoc1:

My monkey videos are still up and they can offend someone or something ?

#215 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

My monkey videos are still up and they can offend someone or something ?

Am I the only one that just had to track those down?

#216 3 years ago

That's 33 seconds I'll never get back.

#217 3 years ago
Quoted from Luzur:

If it was free i would actually take the time to clean it, Cyclops is ultra-rare here.

What steps are involved in that I'm guessing get rid of as much of the dry poop as possible and what's touching the plastics and playfield and other parts you would use something to let's say rehydrate what's left to wipe off the remaining poop instead of scrapping it off to lessen the damage

#218 3 years ago
Quoted from pindoc1:

Gee, your post generated a down vote. Raccoon lover, maybe?

#219 3 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

What steps are involved in that I'm guessing get rid of as much of the dry poop as possible and what's touching the plastics and playfield and other parts you would use something to let's say rehydrate what's left to wipe off the remaining poop instead of scrapping it off to lessen the damage

For me, Step 1 would have to be downing a liter of booze.

#220 3 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

I would guess getting all the bigger chunks off. and then wiping it with some non-abrasive cleaner until hitting the saturated spots. Then going slightly more abrasive until "clean". It looks like a month of poo, maybe two? My main concern isn't necessarily the turds, its the urine.

#221 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Gee, your post generated a down vote. Raccoon lover, maybe?

I dunno. I don't see a down vote. Just 3 up votes.
My comment was just meant as a mostly light hearted swipe at social media trying to control everyone.

#222 3 years ago
Quoted from pindoc1:

Who ever did it removed it.

#223 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

That Raccoon REALLY liked shitting in that Cyclops.

Shit Happened!

#224 3 years ago
Quoted from pindoc1:

My comment was just meant as a mostly light hearted swipe at social media trying to control everyone.

Quoted from LTG:

Who ever did it removed it.

No. It is still there.

Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 7.31.04 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-01-08 at 7.31.04 PM (resized).png

#225 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

No. It is still there.
[quoted image]

Maybe Raccoons are loved in Germany?

#226 3 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

Maybe Raccoons are loved in Germany?

More likely hated due to hitler

#227 3 years ago

Can't stand the creatures!

Last time I encountered racoons I was driving home and a family of them crossed the road right in front of me, I hit the brakes, the slow one still managed to bust my bumper... hopefully they stay out of my way

#228 3 years ago

I down voted you for hitting the brakes for a raccoon.

#229 3 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I would guess getting all the bigger chunks off. and then wiping it with some non-abrasive cleaner until hitting the saturated spots. Then going slightly more abrasive until "clean". It looks like a month of poo, maybe two? My main concern isn't necessarily the turds, its the urine.

Pressure washer. Fill it with naphtha. Add a match. Maybe some marshmallows as a good measure.

But in all seriousness, yes, that's probably the best approach. Get rid of the solids, grab a shop vac to suck out the rest with a good filter on the outake, and wear PPE. Then go at it with bleach and then disinfectants. Maybe it survives, maybe not.

Personally, I wouldn't touch it. I'm not interested in projects that are potentially major health hazards. I draw the line at a small handful of droppings and some patches of mold.

#230 3 years ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

I down voted you for hitting the brakes for a raccoon.

I was in a car!

#231 3 years ago

From the looks of the pics, he may want to contact an arsonist, the insurance will pay better.

#232 3 years ago

Public service announcement:

Spangles restaurant is delicious

#233 3 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

Since Spangles is a local franchise and you are from Texas, a mere 700 miles away, would you care to regale us with your story of driving all those miles to clean up a load of raccoon crap and find value when us locals were finding it hard to even let go of a bag of quarters ? I can't speak the others, but I am the nosey type and would love to hear your trade secrets. Or read about them. You could probably sells tickets.

I already know about Spangle's French fries so you can keep that part of the story to yourself

#234 3 years ago

Or

Quoted from cottonm4:

Since Spangles is a local franchise and you are from Texas, a mere 700 miles away, would you care to regale us with your story of driving all those miles to clean up a load of raccoon crap and find value when us locals were finding it hard to even let go of a bag of quarters ? I can't speak the others, but I am the nosey type and would love to hear your trade secrets. Or read about them. But you could probably sells tickets.
I already know about Spangle's French fries so you can keep that part of the story to yourself

Well you could meet up with Me

#235 3 years ago

worst trip report ever?

#236 3 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

Spangles is GOD

#237 3 years ago

Any locals want to meet up, pm me

#238 3 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

Any locals want to meet up, pm me

PM sent.

#239 3 years ago

Awesome, answered

#240 3 years ago

This was the inside of an NBA jam cabinet

Poor Corvette never had a chance

IMG_20210115_114353 (resized).jpgIMG_20210115_114353 (resized).jpg
#241 3 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

i've owned a decent number of arcade cabs that utilized pieces of other scrap cabs at the factory when assembled. the saddest was an Astron Belt with big chunks of an environmental Discs Of Tron.

#242 3 years ago

To sell a warehouse full of arcade games and pins, you must first find a warehouse of arcade games and pins.......

#243 3 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

[quoted image]

Are those Nani Nba Jam pcbs?!

#244 3 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

Are those Nani Nba Jam pcbs?!

They are NBA jam yes

#245 3 years ago

I’d be pleasantly surprised and happy, if the person buying this haul finds a door leading to a secret bunker full of arcade games and pinball machines from 1970 - 2000, all in pristine condition. The “good ones”. It would be something alright.

I just read about some dummy “throwing out” his hard drive worth $400M of bitcoins. He believes it lay in a specific section of a certain dump site. The story goes he mined the bitcoin worth $9M and put it aside to work on other things. He totally forgets this fortune until one day he threw it out when cleaning some items. After he realized this he went to the dump and made some general calculations where it might be. He offered the city 1/4 of value if he found and could recover the bitcoin. Neither he nor the City can excavate the site because it was not permitted for such.

Sorry but I am not believing this one. That guy could never have been smart enough to mine that much bitcoin which would have required a ton of computer power. And he stored it all on one server? Anyways who forgets they have $9M laying around? I think one sentence in article says it wasn’t worth his time to cash it in back then, but now that bitcoin has risen, it is. WTF ????

But long story short, whomever buys the arcade and pinball haul, search all computers and hard drives. Lessons learned.

#246 3 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

They are NBA jam yes

Nani versions were an attempt to connect machines, via a server, so high scores could be shared between machines. Those pcb versions are rare but I don't think they are much more valuable.

#247 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

That guy could never have been smart enough to mine that much bitcoin which would have required a ton of computer power. And he stored it all on one server?

Stick to pinball. Leave the cryptocurrency to others.

#248 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I’d be pleasantly surprised and happy, if the person buying this haul finds a door leading to a secret bunker full of arcade games and pinball machines from 1970 - 2000, all in pristine condition. The “good ones”. It would be something alright.
I just read about some dummy “throwing out” his hard drive worth $400M of bitcoins. He believes it lay in a specific section of a certain dump site. The story goes he mined the bitcoin worth $9M and put it aside to work on other things. He totally forgets this fortune until one day he threw it out when cleaning some items. After he realized this he went to the dump and made some general calculations where it might be. He offered the city 1/4 of value if he found and could recover the bitcoin. Neither he nor the City can excavate the site because it was not permitted for such.
Sorry but I am not believing this one. That guy could never have been smart enough to mine that much bitcoin which would have required a ton of computer power. And he stored it all on one server? Anyways who forgets they have $9M laying around? I think one sentence in article says it wasn’t worth his time to cash it in back then, but now that bitcoin has risen, it is. WTF ????
But long story short, whomever buys the arcade and pinball haul, search all computers and hard drives. Lessons learned.

I believe at the time he originally mined it, it was worth a total of about $100 or so. Thats why it didn't matter so much to him. There are several stories like this out there. I think about 35% of all the bitcoins ever mined are dormant (i.e. likely lost). This includes the original bitcoins "made" by the person who invented bitcoin.

#249 3 years ago

maybe contact Todd at TNT Amusement
they might be interested in parts . they even like
to throw dead machines off their roof. also
gut out all the pinball cabs and arcade cabs if
salvageable.. could be sold to virtual pinball builders and multicade arcade builders

https://tntamusements.com/

#250 3 years ago

A word of warning to anyone interested in any of this stuff. I have parted out hundreds of machines in similar condition over the past 10 or 12 years taking every possible safety precaution I could and about three years I started having respiratory issues from doing it. PLEASE consider the risk to your health before you get involved with machines like this. The time & effort for the small financial return is bad enough but the health risks just are not worth it.

All of us feel like we are invincible when we are younger and typically don't think about long term health effects our actions might cause down the road. Messing with machines like the ones in these pictures just are not worth that risk. Spend a few extra dollars and start with something a little cleaner and you will likely live longer and have more time to enjoy the fruits of your labor.

If you are as "foolish" as I am sometimes - at least tear the stuff apart outside with plenty of air movement, try to work from the upwind side and be sure to wear gloves & a good mask as well as eye protection. "A little dirt has never killed anyone" but if you are exposed to enough of this stuff over time bad things will likely happen.

Thankfully I don't think I have anything really bad but I know my lungs will never be the same as they would have been had I not gotten involved with some of the really nasty stuff I tried to save. Thankfully about 6 or 7 years ago I "wised up" and started really avoiding buying the really nasty stuff. I still saved as much as I could but if something was really bad I just didn't even bring it home.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 179.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 324 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-sell-a-warehouse-of-arcade-games-and-pins/page/5?hl=luzur and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.