(Topic ID: 284837)

How do you sell a warehouse of arcade games and pins?

By pindoc1

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6760 (resized).JPG
IMG_6761 (resized).JPG
giphy.gif
723FEACB-86A2-4BA2-B07C-81352B284177.jpeg
20210130_194639 (resized).jpg
IMG_5485 (resized).JPG
IMG_5484 (resized).JPG
IMG_5483 (resized).JPG
20210123_182027 (resized).jpg
20210123_182034 (resized).jpg
wipes off.gif
IMG_5444 (resized).JPG
980fb0cfbbe2388e7f1716da95b1bd38278d6871 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210115_114353 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 7.31.04 PM (resized).png
giphy95Hc8PMCBjo9BXa95fixed95width.gif
There are 324 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
#151 3 years ago

Plunger looks good and coin door still has the mechs will head over with my SBA'S I expect 5 plays for a dollar

20201220_110903 (resized).jpg20201220_110903 (resized).jpg
#152 3 years ago

Do the cigarette machines still have smokes in them? That could be a deal maker/breaker.

#153 3 years ago

I would love to have that Hollywood Heat for parts and maybe a jukebox or two. However way to far to drive for me for what it would be worth.

Unfortunately as much as I would hate to see what is left go to the scrap pile, doesn’t look like a lot of useful stuff unless completely local.

#154 3 years ago

Who's going to buy these to throw them off the roof?

#155 3 years ago
Quoted from Bull:

I would love to have that Hollywood Heat for parts and maybe a jukebox or two.

I had one for like a month, as a piece of 80's art it is great.

"Does well in a large collection" is the best I can do.

Lock, lock, ramp, release.

Rinse and repeat.

#156 3 years ago
Quoted from Bull:

I would love to have that Hollywood Heat for parts and maybe a jukebox or two. However way to far to drive for me for what it would be worth.
Unfortunately as much as I would hate to see what is left go to the scrap pile, doesn’t look like a lot of useful stuff unless completely local.

I'm local. I would like to have that neon back glass light setup for a project. If the price is right...maybe I could pick this up. But I have no interest in any Gottlieb parts. So.....

#157 3 years ago

I was in the Vending Business for a long time and filled many dumpsters. Never Pinballs, but videos, cranes, redemption stuff, etc. Hopefully someone can find something salvageable in all of it.

Seeing the Cigarette machines reminds me of when the end was near for selling smokes in machines, we'd move the nickel wire to the quarter switch so it would accept more quarters than it was ever designed to take.

Which reminds me of the day we scrapped the cigarette machines, I arrived at work with the truck loaded up with about a dozen and was told to take them to the scrapyard (they had been emptied of course!). Upon arrival, I started pushing them off the back, and of course they had forgotten to empty one of them! It busted open and packs of smokes spilled out everywhere! In the blink of an eye, every Junkyard worker appeared to help pick them up! I just let them have them all and they all waved like kids waving at Santa (with cigarettes dangling from their mouths) as I left. 

Good luck finding a home for all that stuff!

#158 3 years ago

Pinsider was out there today trying to buy the pins. Owner won't sell as a retailer has offered to drive from texas to clear the warehouse in exchange for the pins. Interesting to hear how many people on here have contacted to try and buy things tho. Curious to see where these end up with.

#159 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Pinsider was out there today trying to buy the pins. Owner won't sell as a retailer has offered to drive from texas to clear the warehouse in exchange for the pins. Interesting to hear how many people on here have contacted to try and buy things tho. Curious to see where these end up with.

and when he gets there , he'll complain there in worst shape then he thought , and he'll get paid to clean up the mess!

#160 3 years ago
Quoted from luch:

and when he gets there , he'll complain there in worst shape then he thought , and he'll get paid to clean up the mess!

having seen a video of the warehouse's leaking rough, its badddddddd. I emailed an offer of games, but no hope of getting them and frankly I don't need them. I got a decent shot of the cyclops pf and its just covered in raccoon shit. I have brought stuff back like that before, but its a headache I don't need.

#161 3 years ago

then it may be a loader and a dumpster party ! with it all going in the trash

#162 3 years ago
Quoted from luch:

then it may be , a loader and a dumpster party ! with it all going in the trash

Funny thing is there are many great pinball restorers on Pinside that given enough time and money, could bring some items back to life. They might have to spend thousands on parts and hundreds of labor hours, but they could bring some machines back to spectacular shape. Unfortunately the end results might be worth a few thousand dollars. Definitely a money loser and horrible way to spend ones life. It a still a big stinking pile of shit, but it smells like roses. Wish we could get an honest accounting of what things go for but if the dealer from TX works out, he take it all away at zero charge.

#163 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Funny thing is there are many great pinball restorers on Pinside that given enough time and money, could bring some items back to life. They might have to spend thousands on parts and hundreds of labor hours, but they could bring some machines back to spectacular shape. Unfortunately the end results might be worth a few thousand dollars. Definitely a money loser and horrible way to spend ones life. It a still a big stinking pile of shit, but it smells like roses. Wish we could get an honest accounting of what things go for but if the dealer from TX works out, he take it all away at zero charge.

I refer to that effort as a "labor of love" because nothing else will suffice.
The money has to be no object and the only reason to restore that machine is because someone intensely loves it.
And in this case, that love would have to run deep.
I noticed that the 8 ball deluxe machine, which is a little hard to recognize, did not have any circuit cards in the back box.
At least the refurbish guy can just count on installing new cards.
Probably a new playfield, new bumpers, new targets, new rubber, new... Oh well.. New stuff.

#164 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I counted 8 pins. Cyclopes is the only one you could argue any kind of value for. And a guy in Texas is going to drive all the way up and spend a fortune on gas.? Someone is going to have to have a truck big enough to haul all the unwanted stuff away. Truck rental, maybe. And then there are landfill fees. And in motel bills and that sounds like a money loser from the word "go".

A new Valley pool table is priced at $2800.00 dollars so if someone was needing some pool tables that could help make the money work out.

I know where the warehouse is at now. I'm less than 30 miles away. And there is no way I would take that on. I'd help by getting the pins out of his way and pay a few bucks for the privilege, and if he wants to rent the truck, etc., I'll help load the trash up to be hauled off.

But to come up all the way from Texas? I can't see it.

#165 3 years ago

Only repeating what I was told. I was wanting the cyclops and to get the ebd 81 cab.

#166 3 years ago

Yeah, that's the crux: the *only* things of "value" in those pins are the cabinets, and maybe the wiring harnesses. Which are likely chewed, so don't hold your breath. And the transformers might be in there, but just look at how rusted the coin box on that EBD is: I bet the transformers could be sketchy too.

Otherwise you have aprons that are rusted. Legs that are nasty, as would every fastener be as well. No boards. No backglasses. No *playfield glasses* anywhere either ffs! Playfields that are soaked animal mattresses. And the mechs below have absorbed soaked-through or leaked-through animal gunk, and oxidized like that coin box.

So the only thing left is the cabinets. Which are likely going to reek, have mold and other biohazard deep in the wood, rot in at least one place, and need extensive rework to address these issues on top of your "typical wear and tear". A labor of love for an empty smelly wood box, indeed.

You'd be better off buying a new game and/or swapping your donor parts to a less forsaken cabinet.

Just look how many folks here alone have already admitted having picked this place in the past. Why do you think this crap is still there?

#167 3 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Yeah, that's the crux: the *only* things of "value" in those pins are the cabinets, and maybe the wiring harnesses. Which are likely chewed, so don't hold your breath. And the transformers might be in there, but just look at how rusted the coin box on that EBD is: I bet the transformers could be sketchy too.
Otherwise you have aprons that are rusted. Legs that are nasty, as would every fastener be as well. No boards. No backglasses. No *playfield glasses* anywhere either ffs! Playfields that are soaked animal mattresses. And the mechs below have absorbed soaked-through or leaked-through animal gunk, and oxidized like that coin box.
So the only thing left is the cabinets. Which are likely going to reek, have mold and other biohazard deep in the wood, rot in at least one place, and need extensive rework to address these issues on top of your "typical wear and tear". A labor of love for an empty smelly wood box, indeed.
You'd be better off buying a new game and/or swapping your donor parts to a less forsaken cabinet.
Just look how many folks here alone have already admitted having picked this place in the past. Why do you think this crap is still there?

This^^^

#168 3 years ago

I have a friend who is desperate for the inline drop target bank from an EBD in case anyone grabs one of those to part out. Longshot.

#169 3 years ago

Ive brought back games on par with these. Its not a money making venture. Its more fun than dealing with just another shop job, after you mitigate all the shit.

People on here see no value and yet inbet you the two ebds and cyclops sell if the owner splits them out. Bet they do it near instantly.

That said not worth emptying the warehouse for.

#170 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Only repeating what I was told. I was wanting the cyclops and to get the ebd 81 cab.

I understand you were just saying what you were told. If the seller has a buyer-for-it-all lined up he has to go with that. That is what I would do.
I have done a couple of pin chases that were a stretch to justify, but this one is way out there.

#171 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Ive brought back games on par with these. Its not a money making venture. Its more fun than dealing with just another shop job, after you mitigate all the shit.
People on here see no value and yet inbet you the two ebds and cyclops sell if the owner splits them out. Bet they do it near instantly.
That said not worth emptying the warehouse for.

I see some value there because I am close. You are not that far away. Nice clean Bally stainless coin doors are getting hard to find. If these have not been vandalized then they are worth a little bit. It would be nice if the lockdown bars are in a bucket somewhere. Someone mentioned the drop targets on EBD.

But as you state, nothing is worth that warehouse full of nasty labor.

#172 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I see some value there because I am close. You are not that far away. Nice clean Bally stainless coin doors are getting hard to find. If these have not been vandalized then they are worth a little bit. It would be nice if the lockdown bars are in a bucket somewhere. Someone mentioned the drop targets on EBD.
But as you state, nothing is worth that warehouse full of nasty labor.

Well for me the cab is all i need for ebd. Drop the one from my le in it which is axtually an 81 pf already.

The cyclopes is a total gamble. Clear the crap. Pull the plastics. Put an ozone generator it. Pf and plastics might be toast.

After that find a donor game for the boards and lockdown bar. Have a line on a couple cheap gameplans. Get the aftermarket mpu.

Worst part is the backglass. Could be a multi year search. If the pf or plastics are hosed its gonna be strictly players grade abd they may well be.

#173 3 years ago

Here’s the Cyclopes...run, don’t walk!

99B7E9EE-E0C8-4A07-820E-421AF4CC1C62 (resized).jpeg99B7E9EE-E0C8-4A07-820E-421AF4CC1C62 (resized).jpeg
#175 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

[quoted image]

Pop bumper camps might be salvageable.

#176 3 years ago

[quoted image]

What a clean spinner!

#177 3 years ago

There are or were (3) skee ball machines in there years ago, judging by the pictures they are still there, that is where your money is. They are stacked vertically, cages are there and there were a few dozen wood balls.

#178 3 years ago

aw man i almost dry hev'd ! that's gross

#179 3 years ago
Quoted from luch:

aw man i almost dry hev'd ! that's gross

Is that racoon shit? Filthy buggers. That was literally their toilet. At least they did it all in one place - just a shame it wasnt in a claw game or something instead of Cyclopes.

If you were really bored, might be a fun project just to see the before and after.

#180 3 years ago

That Raccoon REALLY liked shitting in that Cyclops.

#181 3 years ago

Holy Crap.

#182 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Pretty sure they are going to have to pay someone to take this shit away.

See what I did there "pay someone to take this shit away".

I'm hilarious.

QSS

#183 3 years ago

That is truly nasty...
I really would not want to be within smelling distance of what used to be a pinball machine in that photo.

#184 3 years ago

Whoever deals with that should be wearing a respirator.

#185 3 years ago

Here’s the Cyclopes...run, don’t walk

I'm sure most of that will buff right out. After you burn the machine!

#186 3 years ago

KN95 should work. We all know how to properly use them now.

#187 3 years ago

And we thought Covid was a big problem...
A respirator and latex gloves would be a good idea, assuming you were willing to go near it.

#188 3 years ago

High_End_Pins is finishing up a Cyclopes.

Just wrap that sucker in plastic as is and send to Chris. I bet he could work wonders on it.

LTG : )

#189 3 years ago

This car also in the warehouse and available.

lebowski car (resized).jpglebowski car (resized).jpg
#190 3 years ago

77471F02-6A02-4CB1-8713-392C931D27B2 (resized).jpeg77471F02-6A02-4CB1-8713-392C931D27B2 (resized).jpeg
First photo OP posted has the answer

#191 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I counted 8 pins. Cyclopes is the only one you could argue any kind of value for. And a guy in Texas is going to drive all the way up and spend a fortune on gas.? Someone is going to have to have a truck big enough to haul all the unwanted stuff away. Truck rental, maybe. And then there are landfill fees. And in motel bills and that sounds like a money loser from the word "go".
A new Valley pool table is priced at $2800.00 dollars so if someone was needing some pool tables that could help make the money work out.
I know where the warehouse is at now. I'm less than 30 miles away. And there is no way I would take that on. I'd help by getting the pins out of his way and pay a few bucks for the privilege, and if he wants to rent the truck, etc., I'll help load the trash up to be hauled off.
But to come up all the way from Texas? I can't see it.

Quoted from dung:

[quoted image]

Well if we’re calling dibs on stuff, I called dips on Bounty Hunter and Agents 777.
Lemme know what they want!

Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Reminds me of those hillbilly’s I bought games from down a 7 mile dirt road!
Good times, especially when I saw that Seawitch hacked up in the fire pit.
Next to Cyclopes there is an Agent 777 with a backglass laying across it.
Those 2 Game Plan pins would probably be the only thing of real value and they’re toast. Offer like $300 and take them.
I’ve always wanted a Bounty Hunter project but they’re always ruined.
Black pyramid sucks.
Really bottom of the barrel.

#192 3 years ago

Think of those meth-broads crapping on that game every morning

mmmm (resized).jpgmmmm (resized).jpg
#193 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Well for me the cab is all i need for ebd. Drop the one from my le in it which is axtually an 81 pf already.
The cyclopes is a total gamble. Clear the crap. Pull the plastics. Put an ozone generator it. Pf and plastics might be toast.
After that find a donor game for the boards and lockdown bar. Have a line on a couple cheap gameplans. Get the aftermarket mpu.
Worst part is the backglass. Could be a multi year search. If the pf or plastics are hosed its gonna be strictly players grade abd they may well be.

Like you, I see value in that EDB cab. I don't see any water damage and cab floors are easy to replace. And the play field on the LE looks like it might have some possibilities, and perhaps combine the two, but you will be hunting for a back glass.

I have a friend with a restored Cyclopes play field. So even with the crapped on play field, I think all of the other parts can be salvaged, such as the pop caps and plastics. But he would still be hunting for boards and that cool back glass will be a Holy Grail item. It still has the displays in the back box.

#194 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Like you, I see value in that EDB cab. I don't see any water damage and cab floors are easy to replace. And the play field on the LE looks like it might have some possibilities, and perhaps combine the two, but you will be hunting for a back glass.
I have a friend with a restored Cyclopes play field. So even with the crapped on play field, I think all of the other parts can be salvaged, such as the pop caps and plastics. But he would still be hunting for boards and that cool back glass will be a Holy Grail item. It still has the displays in the back box.

Plastics might lose their art the moment you touch them. Had that happen to a sf2 that was in similar shape. Backglass is going to be the real issue regardless.

#195 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Plastics might lose their art the moment you touch them. Had that happen to a sf2 that was in similar shape. Backglass is going to be the real issue regardless.

I’m sorry, but I love the irony of a person with the handle “dung” trying to buy a game literally covered in it!

#196 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

For Sale: Original Players Condition Eight Ball Deluxe. Used to work, but went to turn it on this morning and wouldnt start. Probably just a fuse.[quoted image]

I would have been interested if it were a HUO!!

#197 3 years ago

They really took a dump on that Cyclopes. I love that game, now there is an image I will never forget...

#198 3 years ago
Quoted from SNES:

I’m sorry, but I love the irony of a person with the handle “dung” trying to buy a game literally covered in it!

It is Asian. I worked with a Dung Le. It took me. awhile to figure out his name was not Dungle. It is sort of like Phuket Thailand.

I envision a bumper sticker saying something like this:
If you can't fix it then (in small letters now---take a vacation to ) Phuket.

Here is another one: " The Hungarian word for kiss is 'puszi' and it is pronounced very similarly to the English word 'pussy'".

https://www.reddit.com/r/FalseFriends/comments/20y0lf/the_hungarian_word_for_kiss_is_puszi_and_it_is/

So, imagine yourself sitting in your office next to the Hungarian immigrant telling his girlfriend " puszi puszi" on the phone.

#199 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

That Raccoon REALLY liked shitting in that Cyclops.

Everyone's an art critic.

#200 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Everyone's an art critic.

Pretty Shitty thing to say!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 98.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 179.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 10.00
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 324 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-sell-a-warehouse-of-arcade-games-and-pins/page/4?hl=dblm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.