(Topic ID: 284837)

How do you sell a warehouse of arcade games and pins?

By pindoc1

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6760 (resized).JPG
IMG_6761 (resized).JPG
giphy.gif
723FEACB-86A2-4BA2-B07C-81352B284177.jpeg
20210130_194639 (resized).jpg
IMG_5485 (resized).JPG
IMG_5484 (resized).JPG
IMG_5483 (resized).JPG
20210123_182027 (resized).jpg
20210123_182034 (resized).jpg
wipes off.gif
IMG_5444 (resized).JPG
980fb0cfbbe2388e7f1716da95b1bd38278d6871 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210115_114353 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 7.31.04 PM (resized).png
giphy95Hc8PMCBjo9BXa95fixed95width.gif
There are 324 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
#101 3 years ago

If the CD player is inside that seeburg scd1. I’d love to have it. I need the parts for mine.

#102 3 years ago

When the most interesting thing is the cigarette machine it isn't worth your trouble....

#103 3 years ago

Dam if take that nasty eight ball deluxe are restore it. And the funky gottlieb is an Eldorado city of gold, I'd take that too if the cab is decent so I could swap mine.

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Really? I see nothing but junk. Besides being in crappy shape, the titles are all uncollectibles.

I just said it for the amount of time you spend it would come out to maybe $2.47 an hour. If you spent 40 hours a week for 5 weeks cleaning it up, I am sure you could get $494 out of it.

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

If the CD player is inside that seeburg scd1. I’d love to have it. I need the parts for mine.

The SCD1 CD plaster is almost always bad. There may be other salvageable parts there though.

#106 3 years ago

Burn the place and file an insurance claim that everything in there was a mint collectible. JK. Don't do that.

#107 3 years ago

Wow, that's astoundingly sad. There's no cherries left to pick here... it's more like sifting corn from a chamber pot.

On the other hand, today I learned there was a solitaire arcade (but WHY?!?!): when THAT'S the most interesting thing, yeah... nothing but a cornfield.

I would have loved to see this place a few years ago, let alone in its "heyday". I bet there were some gems. But the fact that all the boards are gone out of the pins - even the GamePlan ones (how many people "got word" to scavenge those on a random visit... and yet left those carcasses behind?)...and all the arcades are poorly done conversions... and everything is just open and scattered around... means enough knowledgeable people have picked over this enough times that what's left here is essentially worthless.

And while it's tempting for some to think "well whatever cabs might be worth something".... ugh, sorry but nope. I mean I've salvaged and rescued some true wrecks that were questionably scuzzy to start, so I respect the labor of love but... even though they were "cleanable" they still had some... smells that lingered even long after the hazmat treatment. So I can't even imagine how bad some of these must be! Rest assured the exposed playfields are not salvageable at all, and since the coin doors were left open, the mechs underneath are probably all scuzzed, oxidized, smelly, and/or chewed to match.

Only way anything in there is worth saving is if it's free, and even then only as a labor of love for very rare, determined people. Yeah, someone local would come take a chance on whatever random cabinet or two, why not if the opportunity cost is low / free? But it's not worth the effort for anything more than that. So let the locals grab what they want but make sure they sign a waiver.

With what's left, pull all the metal parts for scrap value and burn the rest. Then get on and good luck with the building renovation.

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Only way anything in there is worth saving is if it's free,

The Bromley Little Pro. The golfer and motor below him that shoves the ball up could be used. In my Southland Little Pro to get it back on the floor.

You don't see many parts for any of the variations of Little Pro's out there.

LTG : )

#109 3 years ago

yeah, other than the cyclopes and maybe some CRT monitors everything looks pretty dismal. I'm not super familiar with arcades but most look like conversions. Haven't seen tons of warehouses, but the ones I have seem to look the same. They all have games that would of been better off selling after they finished their tour on route. Rather then sitting in an un-climate controlled warehouse for 20 years getting rabbit turds all over them.

edit - just went back and saw the pic of that cyclopes, ouch.... If I was there I might still try and clean it up. Thinking optimistically maybe the rodent turds helped preserve it .

#110 3 years ago

On the other hand, today I learned there was a solitaire arcade (but WHY?!?!)

These were used for gambling. Not very popular here in MI, but would see them at the auctions in NC and Tenn. all the time.

#111 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

This looks to me like it’s already been picked though (multiple times).
Not a single one of those are arcade games is a dedicated cabinet (with the exception of a couple insignificant more modern games). It’s virtually all op conversions that have been scavenged for parts. Anything really good is already gone. I’m guessing few if any still have the PCBs in them, and further any that are good and worth money I would say for sure don't have them.
If it were me cleaning that out, I would rent a huge dump trailer. Hate to say it, but I would salvage 80-90% of the useable parts and crush most of the cabinets.

That was my impression, anything of value has already been stripped.

Even the playfield glass is gone.

#112 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

? Does he have treasures or turds?

Rat Turds

#113 3 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

These were used for gambling. Not very popular here in MI, but would see them at the auctions in NC and Tenn. all the time.

Huh! That makes sense. Thanks! And yet, of all the games to make for gambling... my question still stands, ha ha.

Quoted from hocuslocus:

edit - just went back and saw the pic of that cyclopes, ouch.... If I was there I might still try and clean it up. Thinking optimistically maybe the rodent turds helped preserve it .

Not to be a dick but let me quash that optimism and spare you the anguish. I come from experience as I bought an El Dorado at auction that ended up having been a mouse hotel for... not that long, actually: there was "only one" major rodent trail, and another minor one. Another random "spot" or two here and there. And only a few wires chewed. But the damage those few rodent (i.e., piss) trails did to the playfield in a relatively short time was astonishing. It didn't just dissolve the paint, but planked and discolored the wood deep in those areas. And where it seeped into the insert and post edges things were even worse! Any exposed metal (posts, guides) was rusted gone, unsalvageable, or snapped at touch, causing more damage and grief. And yet, aside from those "small trails", the playfield really looked pretty good! And of course no huge turds either. Which was why I took the chance... but in the end, I had to sand more than just those areas bare, do extensive resurfacing and repairs on the affected insert areas, and repaint the entire playfield.

The mechs were also pretty ratty, but amazingly the damn thing worked once I patched it up, so I left it as a testimonial "rat rod" brought back to life. The whole thing was a learning experience but still questionable, and did not look nowhere nearly as bad to start.

So that Cyclopes playfield... no no no no no and Trust me, NO: with all that visible biohazmat warning rubble you do NOT want to even think about going there, I don't care how rare the game is. Disease and heartbreak alone await. Not even the targets and pop caps are salvageable. And by the time you'd soak the cabinet in cleaner to get rid of the smell, even that might want to fold on itself. Just, no. Unless you're really dedicated desperate to try it for free.

Ever see the thoroughly burned out husk of a wrecked exotic car with maybe a random body panel or wheel identifiable, and wonder how anyone would get any value from it? There's your pinball equivalent. Pour one out and let it go.

#114 3 years ago

After seeing pics of the trashed and neglected pins, I was compelled to go downstairs and hug my Cyclopes and EBD promising aloud that I would never let that happen to them.

#115 3 years ago

I'd buy that hollywood heat and bring it back to life but a 12 hour drive is too far.

Also, are you letting people pick at the pins?

#116 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Every time some landlord tells me they have a warehouse with 300 games and pins, it turns out to be ~50
Cigarette machine, lottery terminal, crane, bar top, video poker, internet jukebox are always the bulk of it....a few video games and maybe 2 pins

Vid with the win again!

#117 3 years ago

I guess I am curious who would be willing to load up all this stuff and relocate it.
It seems like the owner thinks he will be paid for the machines and other items at the location, so I am wondering if anyone will take on that challenge.
I am guessing that it will not happen that way.
If anyone does decide to take on that challenge, they are going to need a team of healthy people and quite a long time to accomplish that task, based on the photos posted in this thread.
That person will also need a rather large location to place all that stuff while it is sorted out to determine what might be salvageable.

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

If anyone does decide to take on that challenge, they are going to need a team of healthy people and quite a long time to accomplish that task, based on the photos posted in this thread.

And a hazmat suit for all involved!

#119 3 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

I guess I am curious who would be willing to load up all this stuff and relocate it.
It seems like the owner thinks he will be paid for the machines and other items at the location, so I am wondering if anyone will take on that challenge.

I see nothing there worth the days of labor and health risks needed to clear the place out. If the guy is expecting a windfall from that building full of junk he is sadly mistaken. While the urge is there to see what could be saved it would be better directed to dialing for a few 30 yard dumpsters, a forklift and hazmat gear.

Just looking at the pictures the aroma of animal piss is wafting out of my monitor. Yuk.

#120 3 years ago

My pool table contact has not worked out so far. It would be sad to see the pool tables wind up in a landfill.

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I see nothing there worth the days of labor and health risks needed to clear the place out. If the guy is expecting a windfall from that building full of junk he is sadly mistaken. While the urge is there to see what could be saved it would be better directed to dialing for a few 30 yard dumpsters, a forklift and hazmat gear.
Just looking at the pictures the aroma of animal piss is wafting out of my monitor. Yuk.

I think he could get some cash for a few things, but it won't be much. I'd go for the EBD. I have an le that someone put an original populated pf in. Id take the cab in a heartbeat, but would depend on the price. PF is trashed and not worth even bothering with. Cabinet might, and I stress might be useful for me. I'd risk some cash on it.

#122 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I think he could get some cash for a few things, but it won't be much. I'd go for the EBD. I have an le that someone put an original populated pf in. Id take the cab in a heartbeat, but would depend on the price. PF is trashed and not worth even bothering with. Cabinet might, and I stress might be useful for me. I'd risk some cash on it.

EBD drop target banks are hard to find and usually go for good money.

#123 3 years ago

2-300 Max
Will cost a lot of time and money to cart all that crap out then try to store it somewhere

It’s mostly a part out at that point and will be very slow to get rid of it all
Most games are conversions anyways.

Probably not worth the effort
I mean you will make money out of it in the end but it’s probably not worth the hassle

And I would keep nothing out of that junk
Ps
There may still be some wild animals in there.
Def not worth it

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from rollinover:

There may still be some wild animals in there.

That is funny. I am reminded of a photo I saw of a possum that took up residence in a pinball cabinet. The animal had created a nest inside the cabinet. Not sure if anything was damaged, but there was debris.

#125 3 years ago

Easy, open up the doors wide and then put everything for sale at 10 bucks a piece.

It'll be empty around noon.

#126 3 years ago
Quoted from Luzur:

Easy, open up the doors wide and then put everything for sale at 150 bucks a piece.

No, the few small items that might have some value would sell, but the water-damaged conversion cabinets and the pool tables would still be there and you'd need to make arrangements to dispose of them, far far outstripping any cash you'd make from selling a few items.

Better to just walk away from this one.

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from Luzur:

Easy, open up the doors wide and then put everything for sale at 150 bucks a piece.

I reken you would come back and there would be more junk people have dropped off

#128 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

I reken you would come back and there would be more junk people have dropped off

LOL had that warehouse been in Sweden it would have fetched about that much i bet (or heck even more prob), we are starved for "barnfinds" here.

#129 3 years ago

We were in this warehouse several years ago and yes, we did a little cherry picking. There are still some pieces of value, but it would be hard to justify buying it all. I am in complete agreement with most people’s assessment that remove it all and it’s yours. 75% of it is junk and dumpster rental and labor to bust it up would be offset by the 25% that is of value and you could probably walk away with a few thousand in your pocket.

#130 3 years ago

Pm sent Could used A lot of parts on the 1981 EBD

#131 3 years ago
Quoted from markpin2013:

Pm sent Could used A lot of parts on the 1981 EBD

#132 3 years ago

An auction will still draw people in, and the profit will not be much, but it should empty the place out. I personally would like the EBD and to see more of the Area 51 cabinet.

#133 3 years ago

Hopefully if a Cleanout deal is made it’s with a pinsider who will document the process and let us all know how it works out with updates. I Triple Dog Dare someone to step up and take on the challenge!

I know many here have probably had the same reoccurring dream that I do of an amazing warehouse/barn find. I normally wake up in a sweat after being told that I have until the end of the day to remove what I want before what’s left is burned or trashed.

#134 3 years ago

I'll step up and take the Winston cigarette machine who's next to pick something

#135 3 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

step up and take the Winston cigarette machine who's next to pick something

Me! I'll take hollywood heat and a cigarette machine!

#136 3 years ago

Not to be a dick but let me quash that optimism and spare you the anguish.

I figured as much, but was holding out for a sliver of hope. I've never had the pleasure of dealing with rabbit turds. Oh well guess another one goes to the landfill. I'd probably still don a hazmat suit and try to salvage what I could. Makes me sad seeing something like that .

#137 3 years ago

Disappointed there are no modern Sterns .... the guy has a warehouse of junk. I like the idea of charging amount x and opening the doors. $25 for anything you can lug out in one trip and $50 if it requires 2 people. Anything left to be offered at a second opening for $10 anything you can carry and $20 for a two person load. Anything left can be carted off to the dump. Three weekends and it is gone and you have received maximum value. Total haul may be $3k-$4k.

#138 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Disappointed there are no classic Sterns

Fixed it for ya.

#139 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

Fixed it for ya.

That is a good point. Had there been 50 classic Sterns in halfway decent shape, it would have been a gold mine.

#140 3 years ago

I see tons of interesting things in there...
But I spend way to much time and money on junk...

#141 3 years ago

I weep over that cyclopes! One day...

#142 3 years ago

UPDATE:

The owner has engaged a building manager to deal with the clearing of the arcade equipment. I have passed your message(s) on to him. If you are still interested in any given item(s), or a total clean out contract, I would suggest contacting him yourself directly also. All transaction will go through this building manager.
If you have any interest in obtaining any specific item, PM me for his contact information. I don't need the details. Just let me know you are interested in buying something. If you have already contacted me with interest via Pinside PM's, I have already sent what you sent to me on to him, and sent you his contact information via PM. You might want to follow up with him directly yourself as there are several requests for the same item(s).

I do not know what the plans are, if things will even be parted out first or just bulk cleared out.
Thanks for all the useful suggestions. I also gave the new owner and building manager a link to this thread.

I will suggest to them that, if they are going to have a one day sale, to post information to Pinside, KLOV and local pinball Facebook groups.

#143 3 years ago

Too bad this didn't play out like we all dreamed. Vid's advice comes true again.

#144 3 years ago

Yes. Unfortunately the days of a stash of abandoned, protected valuable games is long gone.

#145 3 years ago

Should change the name of thread to "how to get rid of a warehouse full of arcades and pins."

#146 3 years ago

For Sale: Original Players Condition Eight Ball Deluxe. Used to work, but went to turn it on this morning and wouldnt start. Probably just a fuse.

ebd 2 (resized).jpgebd 2 (resized).jpg
#147 3 years ago

Can someone snag me that coin box in the EBD?

#148 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

For Sale: Original Players Condition Eight Ball Deluxe. Used to work, but went to turn it on this morning and wouldnt start. Probably just a fuse.[quoted image]

Yep I can see the issue - it's a 5 min fix job!

#149 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

For Sale: Original Players Condition Eight Ball Deluxe. Used to work, but went to turn it on this morning and wouldnt start. Probably just a fuse.[quoted image]

That playfield is going to need like a Novus 300.

#150 3 years ago

Just needs a $350 sheet of pdi glass to eliminate glare.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 179.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

There are 324 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-sell-a-warehouse-of-arcade-games-and-pins/page/3?hl=reaper802 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.