(Topic ID: 284837)

How do you sell a warehouse of arcade games and pins?

By pindoc1

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6760 (resized).JPG
IMG_6761 (resized).JPG
giphy.gif
723FEACB-86A2-4BA2-B07C-81352B284177.jpeg
20210130_194639 (resized).jpg
IMG_5485 (resized).JPG
IMG_5484 (resized).JPG
IMG_5483 (resized).JPG
20210123_182027 (resized).jpg
20210123_182034 (resized).jpg
wipes off.gif
IMG_5444 (resized).JPG
980fb0cfbbe2388e7f1716da95b1bd38278d6871 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210115_114353 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 7.31.04 PM (resized).png
giphy95Hc8PMCBjo9BXa95fixed95width.gif

There are 324 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
#51 3 years ago

Aww man, what a letdown!!!

#52 3 years ago

"I'm gonna take this glass out and order a bunch later."

#53 3 years ago

Do you have any photos for any of the video games (or parts, if any not shown)?

#54 3 years ago

I do have some superficial photos of many of the video games. I’ll try put the up tomorrow.

They do have quite a few juke boxes. I don’t know what type. Wasn’t paying much attention to them but some are included in the pictures tomorrow.

#55 3 years ago

Seems like potentially the jukes could be worth a bit

#56 3 years ago

Feels like someone that knows pins needs to be asked to come in and cull out the machines that have any reasonable chance of interest and move them to one side of the warehouse, and list each in detail by unit. Then the rest needs to just be taken to the dump. The original “warehouse with 250-300 machines” feels more like 25-30 machines with any interest whatsoever. Shipping will kill most of the deals, so local buyers are best.

Don’t waste any time on the remaining 200 machines that are junk.

#57 3 years ago

Not even good firewood. Old OP storage exactly as expected. No surprises.

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Feels like someone that knows pins needs to be asked to come in and cull out the machines that have any reasonable chance of interest and move them to one side of the warehouse, and list each in detail by unit.

Did you see the pics? Bringing in an expert and moving the pins around is wasted effort IMO. There's a reason the prior warehouse owner didn't sell this "inventory" before selling the building.

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Did you see the pics? Bringing in an expert and moving the pins around is wasted effort IMO. There's a reason the prior warehouse owner didn't sell this "inventory" before selling the building.

I am assuming 10% of the machines have value to someone. He only posted a handful of pictures above, and hopefully some other stuff of value not photographed. Agreed, What we see above is essentially firewood or landfill. But the eternal optimist in me says there must be something of value on 250 machines...

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from pindoc1:

There is a storage area with about 45 boxes of what appear to be "new" circuit board replacements boxes to repurpose arcade cabinets to old favorites such as PACMan. Dated 1997 so may not be multicade at that point.

Sounds like nobody has experience with that. Check on KLOV forum.

#61 3 years ago

Can’t wait for the arcade pics!

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from pindoc1:

I had a chance to view the warehouse today.
Here is what I can tell you:
Location is in Kansas
There are 2 adjacent buildings that have broken windows, a leaky roof and animal infestation
All of the few pins in there are missing the playfield glass, most of the plastics, score displays and the circuit boards.
The backglasses are missing on most. The owner will hopefully check with the previous owner to see if they took them to another location for safe keeping.
Playfields are covered with debris and dirt. A couple of playfields are covered with animal feces.
Eight Ball Deluxe - no playfield art remaining. Cabinet does not look horrible
Eight Ball Deluxe LE
Cyclops - cat/racoon/possum litter box
Bounty Hunter
Black Pyramid,
Hollywood Heat
An early solid state Gottlieb game that I could not identify with an orange, red, yellow and black cabinet
Chicago Coin Yankee Baseball. Actually has the backglass in ok condition
An odd smaller cabinet pinball type game I could not get close to with 7's within 3 blocks on the side of the cabinet. It has the backglass upside down on the siderails, likely flaking.
A pinball-ish type cabinet hidden behind a basketball game that appears to be titled Wild Wild West. No flipper buttons and the playfield glass is so dirty, I could not see anything from 5 feet away.
No other Pinball type games I could see.
There are many many upright and sit-down video games. claw games, dart games, Golden Tee's, cigarette machine, pool tables, 70's to 90's jukeboxes, and skee-ball games.
There is a storage area with about 45 boxes of what appear to be "new" circuit board replacements boxes to repurpose arcade cabinets to old favorites such as PACMan. Dated 1997 so may not be multicade at that point.
The video games appeared to be largely complete and most in decent physical shape, but presumably have problems. However this may be a decent buy for a company looking to bulk buy a video game stash. Just a guess.
The few pins I found have already been parted for displays, plastics and circuit boards by the operator. The backglasses are missing and may or may not be available.
The owner wants to clear it all out including the boxes of junk and trash. He would like to get it done in a month. He has been in contact with a bulk buyer but nothing set at this point. He wishes to keep the exact location unknown for obvious reasons.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Reminds me of those hillbilly’s I bought games from down a 7 mile dirt road!
Good times, especially when I saw that Seawitch hacked up in the fire pit.

Next to Cyclopes there is an Agent 777 with a backglass laying across it.

Those 2 Game Plan pins would probably be the only thing of real value and they’re toast. Offer like $300 and take them.

I’ve always wanted a Bounty Hunter project but they’re always ruined.
Black pyramid sucks.

Really bottom of the barrel.

#63 3 years ago

One things for certain, none of those pins are "Immamaculate"

#64 3 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

How does it smell? That smell brings back so many memories. Hoping you’ll get 3 to 5K. Thank you for sharing.

Okay - I’ll do it for 4K but he’ll have to pay me in cash .

#65 3 years ago

Looks like a Senior housing facility for Dying and decrepit pinball/video games.

#66 3 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Now we know why this stuff was included with the building. Thanks for sharing anyway.

Lol was going to say, you will be paying someone to haul those pins away.

#67 3 years ago

Here are the rest of the pictures I took.
Sorry for the distance and dirt. I was a guest and did not want to keep the owner waiting too long. Plus not being a videogame or jukebox collector, I really don't know if any of it is of any value.
Thanks

IMG_2250 (resized).JPGIMG_2250 (resized).JPGIMG_2252 (resized).JPGIMG_2252 (resized).JPGIMG_2254 (resized).JPGIMG_2254 (resized).JPGIMG_2255 (resized).JPGIMG_2255 (resized).JPGIMG_2256 (resized).JPGIMG_2256 (resized).JPGIMG_2257 (resized).JPGIMG_2257 (resized).JPGIMG_2258 (resized).JPGIMG_2258 (resized).JPGIMG_2259 (resized).JPGIMG_2259 (resized).JPGIMG_2260 (resized).JPGIMG_2260 (resized).JPGIMG_2261 (resized).JPGIMG_2261 (resized).JPGIMG_2262 (resized).JPGIMG_2262 (resized).JPGIMG_2263 (resized).JPGIMG_2263 (resized).JPGIMG_2264 (resized).JPGIMG_2264 (resized).JPGIMG_2265 (resized).JPGIMG_2265 (resized).JPGIMG_2266 (resized).JPGIMG_2266 (resized).JPGIMG_2267 (resized).JPGIMG_2267 (resized).JPGIMG_2268 (resized).JPGIMG_2268 (resized).JPGIMG_2269 (resized).JPGIMG_2269 (resized).JPGIMG_2270 (resized).JPGIMG_2270 (resized).JPGIMG_2271 (resized).JPGIMG_2271 (resized).JPGIMG_2272 (resized).JPGIMG_2272 (resized).JPGIMG_2273 (resized).JPGIMG_2273 (resized).JPGIMG_2275 (resized).JPGIMG_2275 (resized).JPGIMG_2276 (resized).JPGIMG_2276 (resized).JPGIMG_2277 (resized).JPGIMG_2277 (resized).JPGIMG_2280 (resized).JPGIMG_2280 (resized).JPGIMG_2281 (resized).JPGIMG_2281 (resized).JPGIMG_2282 (resized).JPGIMG_2282 (resized).JPGIMG_2283 (resized).JPGIMG_2283 (resized).JPGIMG_2284 (resized).JPGIMG_2284 (resized).JPGIMG_2285 (resized).JPGIMG_2285 (resized).JPGIMG_2286 (resized).JPGIMG_2286 (resized).JPGIMG_2287 (resized).JPGIMG_2287 (resized).JPGIMG_2289 (resized).JPGIMG_2289 (resized).JPGIMG_2290 (resized).JPGIMG_2290 (resized).JPGIMG_2291 (resized).JPGIMG_2291 (resized).JPGIMG_2292 (resized).JPGIMG_2292 (resized).JPGIMG_2295 (resized).JPGIMG_2295 (resized).JPGIMG_2296 (resized).JPGIMG_2296 (resized).JPGIMG_2297 (resized).JPGIMG_2297 (resized).JPGIMG_2298 (resized).JPGIMG_2298 (resized).JPGIMG_2299 (resized).JPGIMG_2299 (resized).JPGIMG_2300 (resized).JPGIMG_2300 (resized).JPGIMG_2301 (resized).JPGIMG_2301 (resized).JPGIMG_2305 (resized).JPGIMG_2305 (resized).JPGIMG_2320 (resized).JPGIMG_2320 (resized).JPGIMG_2321 (resized).JPGIMG_2321 (resized).JPGIMG_2322 (resized).JPGIMG_2322 (resized).JPGIMG_2323 (resized).JPGIMG_2323 (resized).JPG
#69 3 years ago

There were many other similar games that I could not get to in order to take pictures of or even see what they were, and did not take pictures.

#70 3 years ago

I might know someone who might be interested in some pool tables. I'll make contact with him.

#71 3 years ago

The only game I see that is worth saving is Cyclopes... the rest are “parts only”. This included the arcades. None of the ones pictures are of significant value and there is no way they are complete and working perfect. The fact that all the boards are missing from all the pins is a bad sign.... Jukes and other items, may be useable as long as the buyer doesn’t mind dead animals, urine, and poop all over their items.

That stuff is probably not worth involving an auction house. Just sell it off to locals that are willing to remove it themselves. Then put it all up for free. It will be gone quick. It’s the only way you will get rid of a lot of that stuff without paying someone to remove it. Choose to believe me or not, I speak the truth after buying and selling arcades and pins for 20 years. Hate to admit this but I’ve thrown dumpsters upon dumpsters of stuff just like the stuff in those pics away. It’s horrible work and what is worth keeping vs trash... there is more trash in those pics than stuff worth spending any time on at all.

Also, those stacked up boxes appear to be video poker machine “gambling” insides. Probably legal in your state but I wouldn’t post them for sale
On ebay! Probably be impossible to find a buyer anyway since no one collects them and they don’t make mOney any more.

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

The only game I see that is worth saving is Cyclopes.

Yeah, but without the boards or back glass you will be in for the search of a lifetime.

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Yeah, but without the boards or back glass you will be in for the search of a lifetime.

Nah, I have some parts and the ones that I don’t, I know where to get them. It’s possible to duplicate anything, if you have an original.

I don’t want that game if that’s what you were suggesting. No more projects for me, I’m past that part of my hoard.... I mean collecting career. Lol.

#74 3 years ago

I feel like if he could get someone to remove EVERYTHING in exchange for whatever they wanted to keep he would come out far ahead.

Should I be getting anxiety just looking at the pictures knowing I won't have to deal with any of that?

#75 3 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

I feel like if he could get someone to remove EVERYTHING in exchange for whatever they wanted to keep he would come out far ahead.
Should I be getting anxiety just looking at the pictures knowing I won't have to deal with any of that?

That sounds fair to me but I’m certainly not volunteering to do it. Way to risky... someone that’s unemployed may agree to help do it for little pay... it’s defiantly not a one man job.

My guess in the dark is that there are 10 items in there worth saving. Just sell those 10 items on Facebook marketplace and list the rest of the stuff for free, clean out what’s left and be done with it. Could probably pull it off in 3 weeks.
———
Well, based on the post with that guy and his son, looks like they already saved the 10 games worth saving. Oh well, no help needed.

#76 3 years ago

Open the door with a free sign on everything, most everything there has little value.

#77 3 years ago

There is money in there. Unfortunately the time and work it would take to get that money would average out to $2.47 an hour. His best bet is too offer to anyone who wants the whole lot for free on the contingency they take it all by th he end of the month.
The other option would be to have a open house garage sale. Sell anything people are willing to take and hope you collect enough money to pay someone to come haul the rest away.

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

His best bet is too offer to anyone who wants the whole lot for free on the contingency they take it all by th he end of the month.

You want all for free and will make it be gone by the end of the month? You give me a $5,000.00 deposit and when it is all gone in 30 days I will give you your deposit back.

That's the only way you could separate the real cleaner-outer from the wide eyed passer-by. Otherwise, you will cherry picked, half the stuff will be gone, you will have wasted a month and still have half the stuff to still deal with and you will have to pay to haul it off.

Sure, you could draw up a contingency plan, and then call the lawyers.

#79 3 years ago

I’ll trade him a gallon of gas and a match for the Moo Mesa PCB, lol.

#80 3 years ago

This looks to me like it’s already been picked though (multiple times).
Not a single one of those are arcade games is a dedicated cabinet (with the exception of a couple insignificant more modern games). It’s virtually all op conversions that have been scavenged for parts. Anything really good is already gone. I’m guessing few if any still have the PCBs in them, and further any that are good and worth money I would say for sure don't have them.

If it were me cleaning that out, I would rent a huge dump trailer. Hate to say it, but I would salvage 80-90% of the useable parts and crush most of the cabinets.

#81 3 years ago

junk pile

#82 3 years ago

Thanks for taking the time to post all these pictures. Sucks there's just not much there of value

#83 3 years ago

The owner should let buyers in to take whatever they will make a deal for . It won’t clear significant space but will save a few cabs and a bunch of parts and will help pay for the dumpsters that come after . Win / Win(ish)

#84 3 years ago

I’m big on preserving history and hate to see anything old destroyed, but when it’s too far gone it’s too far gone. I would put a sign on the building...EVERYTHING FREE / ACCEPTING DONATIONS! Whatever is left unfortunately belongs in a dumpster.

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

The owner should let buyers in to take whatever they will make a deal for . It won’t clear significant space but will save a few cabs and a bunch of parts and will help pay for a he dumpsters that come after . Win / Win(ish)

You are correct. Dumpsters are pretty expensive. Around my area a 30 or 40 yard dumpster is about $500 which includes the first few tons. Each additional ton over that is $75. Is the building being demolished? A excavator or backhoe would be able to crush down the junk to make the most of each dumpster.

#86 3 years ago

Just don’t chuck the monitors/crts. Those are gold in the arcade world.

#87 3 years ago

Someone should be paying the person who has to take all that crap out of there! If he wants a fast solution, light a match. If arson isn't acceptable, he could just ask the local collectors to come by with the trailers and load it up for free; their payment being whatever they take. It will be empty in under three hours.

#88 3 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Just don’t chuck the monitors/crts. Those are gold in the arcade world.

The 19" may have some minor value, but nothing else.

Nobody buys any other size for more than $20 each, unfortunately.

#89 3 years ago

Hope the buyer of the building doesn't have dollar signs in his eyes. I didn't see anything worth even driving 150 miles to pick up, even free.

I agree with everyone else who said it's been picked clean already. You've got someone's rubbish pile there. No auction company would touch it either IMO, nothing there for them to auction and make $$$ on.

#90 3 years ago

Looks like a bunch of conversion fodder for the most part. Definitely noticed some Atari cabs and that poor Xenophoebe. Konami Crime Fighters is pretty cool since most were converted to Turtles.

#91 3 years ago

Looks like a serious case of neglect to me. This pile of equipment did not happen overnight. Gonna need several fully grown men that have a gorilla shape in order to move all that stuff out. It will be a labor of love to refurbish those pinball machines because they will not be operational otherwise. What a shame...

#92 3 years ago

Time to bring in some heavy equipment.

20210103_164948 (resized).jpg20210103_164948 (resized).jpg
#93 3 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

There is money in there.

Really? I see nothing but junk. Besides being in crappy shape, the titles are all uncollectibles.

#94 3 years ago

Theres millions of dollars there! Zimbabwe dollars.

D0215AAA-B504-424B-9593-26F46AC79BEE (resized).jpegD0215AAA-B504-424B-9593-26F46AC79BEE (resized).jpeg
#95 3 years ago

Do they make a chipper big enough to shove pinball/arcade games thru?

#96 3 years ago

So that is where the cyclopes project i had heard about. Guy who passed on it cherry picked a few games out of this so im doubtful there is much left.

For the record i want the cyclopes. I have heard its really rough though. Not worth having to haul everything out of there even for free.

#97 3 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

One things for certain, none of those pins are "Immamaculate"

Pfft, each of those are worth at least $4000 on ebay! RARE NEEDS WORK!

#98 3 years ago

Hard to tell but looks like what once was / converted to...

Power Stone / Street Fighter was - Konami / The Simpsons
Buster Bros - Venture
Golden Axe- Missile Command
Bottom of the 9th - Track & Field
Birdie King 3 - Pengo
Poker Ladies - Congo Bongo
Neo Geo - Defender
Tetris - Asteroids
Sky Shark - Dig Dug
Twin Cobra - Frogger
Cow Boys of Moo Mesa - Xenophobe

#99 3 years ago

Picked games from this place a while back (my Son came with me and some other friends) got some decent stuff but had room left on the trailer cause most everything was just junk not worth saving or restoring. Cyclops was interesting but was completely covered in raccoon crap super gross. C3F121D2-CE64-44FD-A305-7A0581793ED7 (resized).jpegC3F121D2-CE64-44FD-A305-7A0581793ED7 (resized).jpeg7B532E14-5E5C-4E30-A23D-63B6DC8AA231 (resized).jpeg7B532E14-5E5C-4E30-A23D-63B6DC8AA231 (resized).jpeg

#100 3 years ago

In this case, you don't!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 45.00
$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 129.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lemont, IL
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
2,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Coalinga, CA
Machine - For Sale
Caro, MI
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Displays
Retro Electro Designs
Displays
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 179.00
$ 10.00
$ 85.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
There are 324 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-sell-a-warehouse-of-arcade-games-and-pins/page/2?hl=grantopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.