Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by PoMC
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

excuse-me-i-believe-you-have-my-stapler (resized).jpg
    1994415 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20180220-113625 (resized).png
    #1 6 years ago

When you do a PF swap? I loaned my stapler to someone and they broke it. so Im wondering what others do when you don't have one. Im using a hot glue gun for now, Lol

#2 6 years ago

buy a new one?

#3 6 years ago

Borrow one from a neighbor or friend?

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from EEE:

Borrow one from a neighbor or friend?

...and then break it after you are finished.

#5 6 years ago

Hot glue? Ugh. That won't hold for very long and will just be a mess.

Just get a new stapler or have the person who broke it pay for a new one.

I would suggest not loaning out complex tools next time unless it's with your supervision.

#6 6 years ago

Complex tools...OK I'm dying now

#7 6 years ago

If I broke your stapler I would buy you a new one. What are they, like $65 on Amazon?

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from dr_nybble:

If I broke your stapler I would buy you a new one. What are they, like $65 on Amazon?

Jeezus, what is that - a gold stapler?

#9 6 years ago

Not electric, not pneumatic but it staples, made in the U S A to boot.

Screenshot_20180220-113625 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180220-113625 (resized).png

#10 6 years ago

Don't use one of those ^. Use an upholstery stapler to do a decent job.

#12 6 years ago

Well her lies another problem. The one I had was the one from Pinball Restorations. It was awesome but since the game is already put together it might be a royal pain to get that stapler in there. I have don't it but I have never done a game that was more of a pain in the ass as Earthshaker. My gosh this game has a lot of wiring and mechanisms to deal with and it seems they gave no extra room in the wiring. I took out the bare wires for the GI lighting and used the yellow insulated wire. It doesn't look as neat but you aren't routing wire all over the PF either. The NOS PF I bought from Pat Lawler had no dimples and was missing quite a few holes and the recessed spots for T-nuts were not there. It is hard getting a forsner bit to cut a clean hole with the hole for the T-nut so big.

#13 6 years ago

ebay.com link: 711 53200 19255 0

Old link above from vid1900 recommendation . You can find them new on eBay. If you have an air compressor I highly recommended it. Used it for my Fathom Swap.

#15 6 years ago

A long nose stapler would be better than that short-nosed one.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from dr_nybble:

amazon.com link »

My point was I can name at least 2 other places to get the same type of stapler up to half that price. If you have to have the Cadillac of staplers, then by all means.

#17 6 years ago

1994415 (resized).png1994415 (resized).png

#18 6 years ago

excuse-me-i-believe-you-have-my-stapler (resized).jpgexcuse-me-i-believe-you-have-my-stapler (resized).jpg

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

A long nose stapler would be better than that short-nosed one.

Is this to have clearance over mechs, sockets, etc?

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Is this to have clearance over mechs, sockets, etc?

Yes

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

When you do a PF swap? I loaned my stapler to someone and they broke it. so Im wondering what others do when you don't have one. Im using a hot glue gun for now, Lol

LOL classic brokenvette!

You gotta retrieve the stapler or get a new one. You can't half-ass in this hobby on stuff like this.

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Hot glue? Ugh. That won't hold for very long and will just be a mess.
    Just get a new stapler or have the person who broke it pay for a new one.
    I would suggest not loaning out complex tools next time unless it's with your supervision.

Hell, loaning out a hammer can be an issue, they tend to grow legs and never come back.

My father in law once loaned out his chainsaw to an idiot brother in law. Moron ran straight gas in it, brought it back and said, it quit running.

Yeah, no shit, Sherlock.

On topic, long nosed stapler is the answer. They work great.

#23 6 years ago

Wal Mart. Rent the stapler and buy the staples.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-secure-wires-if-you-dont-have-a-stapler?hl=mikat11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.