83 days ago

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 83 days ago by pinballaddicted
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

RHS (resized).jpg
    Reset High Scores (resized).jpg
    Resets (resized).jpg
    Utilities (resized).jpg

#1 83 days ago

I want to remove all the top scores from my Stern pins and was wondering where in the adjustment menu it is. That way everyone has a chance of putting up a score and will make it more fun for the family to try and beat each other. Thanks!

#2 83 days ago

Hmmm...probably in the adjustment menu? "Reset all HSTD" maybe? That Might be the W/B verbage.
    You can also do a factory reset but if you've changed any settings on the game you'll have to redo them - such as free play etc

#3 83 days ago
    Quoted from NintenBear:

I want to remove all the top scores from my Stern pins and was wondering where in the adjustment menu it is.

Utilities -> Resets -> Reset High Scores

Utilities (resized).jpgResets (resized).jpgReset High Scores (resized).jpgRHS (resized).jpg
    #4 83 days ago

Service menu
    Utilities
    Reset High Scores
    Reset Grand Champion

This will do all your high scores including Grand Chamnpion and leave all your other settings as they are.

#5 83 days ago
    Quoted from pinballaddicted:

This will do all your high scores including Grand Chamnpion and leave all your other settings as they are.

Correct. I don't believe there is a way to only reset the GC score from the game itself. I'm pretty sure you can do it via Pinball Browser, though.

#6 83 days ago

Thanks guys! You’re all the best!!!

#7 83 days ago

Follow up: Is there a way to delete the game designer scores? Like Borg, etc.?

#8 83 days ago
    Quoted from NintenBear:

I thought this is what you were asking originally, custom level high scores, not just putting scores back to factory settings as others have suggested here. I know of no way to set the minimum high scores to something other/lower than the factory setting for B/W pins, assuming it's the same for Sterns.

#9 83 days ago
    Quoted from NintenBear:

Go into the Adjustments menu (Service Menu --> Adjustments) and page forward until you get to adjustment 30 (ish, may vary depending on the game). You can set them as low as 1,000,000 for most games. Then, reset the high scores again as described above.

Kevin

#10 83 days ago
    Quoted from Kevkat:

Go into the Adjustments menu (Service Menu --> Adjustments) and page forward until you get to adjustment 30 (ish, may vary depending on the game). You can set them as low as 1,000,000 for most games. Then, reset the high scores again as described above.
    Kevin

Is there a way to do this on B/W pins?

#11 83 days ago
    Quoted from NintenBear:

You can’t delete them but you can beat them which will erase them.
    You can lower the scores in adjustments and than reset the scores as shown above.
    I do this all the time for Tournaments so I can track top scores.

#12 83 days ago

Once again, thanks guys!

#13 83 days ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Is there a way to do this on B/W pins?

Yes. Go into the Adjustments menu, and A.4 HSTD Adjustments. You'll find the Backup Champion and Backup HSTD 1-4 settings, set them to whatever you want (they'll go all the way to zero!) and then reset the high scores, either in the utilities menu or by holding the Enter key (in attract mode) for a few seconds. Note that resetting the high scores via the Enter key does not reset the Grand Champion.

Kevin

#14 83 days ago

I like to remove them by beating them. Just saying......

#15 83 days ago
    Quoted from WackyBrakke:

I like to remove them by beating them. Just saying......

Well, that's certainly another option!

I've noticed that people get excited at being able to enter their initials into Wizard of Oz or The Hobbit when they get a daily high score. I think it can make sense to lower or remove high scores for people who are relatively new to pinball. Anything that engages people in the game is a good thing... It can also make sense if you're doing a high score tournament and want the machine to keep track of the highest scores...

Kevin

#16 83 days ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Correct. I don't believe there is a way to only reset the GC score from the game itself. I'm pretty sure you can do it via Pinball Browser, though.

You can rest GC score on a Stern, just follow menu to GC and press select!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 14.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 109.99
    $ 12.50
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 249.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Bright Lights Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 6.00
    $ 9,999.99
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    € 3.70
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    € 59.80
    Lighting - Backbox
    Freddys Pinball Paradise
    $ 8.99
    Lighting - Other
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside