(Topic ID: 90892)

How do YOU properly "Nastify", or modify your your pin-decks to be more...

By Caucasian2Step

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by DK
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boagman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from appeac:

On games without magnets (or with?), install a powerball. They're like $50 though, so a multiball game would get pricey fast...

This can also result in an *insane* amount of damage to plastics and other on-playfield stuff without too much time passing. I get the idea, and it's a good one...if you don't care about what damage you might do.

#45 9 years ago

On my personal TSPP, the garage door really doesn't work, and I haven't bothered fixing it at all. The switch for hitting the door still registers most of the time, yes, but it doesn't necessarily (*maybe* one time in 20?) open up near enough for the ball to pass through to award the Mystery Award or send the ball to the upper playfield. This greatly, *greatly* affects the way the game is played, as you can't afford to just basically ignore the third flipper ramp shot any more...you've *got to* hit that shot in order to make it up to the Living Room to start modes, lock balls for multiball, get super jackpots, etc.

The one caveat to my pseudo-mod (read: kind of lazy about fixing it, but enjoying the resulting change by not doing it) is that the garage door will sometimes slightly open, enough for the ball to get behind it from the Quik-E-Mart shot. This can be a pain, but it's part of the challenge, too.

I've found that playing this way really, *really* makes multiball special, and when I achieve it, I'm feeling pretty good about myself. It also makes playing modes, when you can start them, much different, since the clock is that much more difficult to reset/add time onto.

Meh. I'm not married to the mod, but it kind of fascinates me, so I leave it there. No one plays it but me, so who cares?

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

That's an interesting way to look at tspp. I ended up having the issue of the door not opening all the way for a while and when I changed the coil to the slightly higher powered one, the door opened as it should. I wonder if there is a S/W option to disable the garage door. I guess I could just unsolder the solenoid to the door as well.
I'm gonna have to look into this one. I will say that my TSPP is nasty enough without this mod though...

To be completely fair: mine doesn't play ultra-nasty or anything. In fact, it's probably time for me to do a complete teardown of the playfields and really, honestly shop the thing. I'd probably be less forgiving of my "mod" if it played like an absolute beast.

Another mod that I just thought of that I've never bothered to fix: the leftmost "large post" in the pop bumper entry area (there are three) is missing on my machine, and I've never bothered to replace it. It does make it so that the standup in the bumper area gets hit quite a bit more than I recall it being hit on other machines that I've played.

Can you tell that I bought a routed TSPP?

1 month later
#53 9 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

I generally suck at getting dirty pool

Oddly, for as long as I've been playing pinball, I've *never* gotten any kind of coded Dirty Pool. Not on TAF, not on AFM, not on IJ ("You cheat, Dr. Jones!")...nothing like that. Now, it's possible that I've benefitted from other, non-coded types, but they're not coming to the forefront of my mind.

I just find it strange that I've never gotten one. Of course, the argument could be made that "You *hate* AFM, so you don't play it enough to get Dirty Pool!", and I suppose there's some legitimacy to that. But I've played TAF and IJ a *ton*, and never gotten it.

I'm glad some people have been able to!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boagman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-properly-nastify-or-modify-your-your-pin-decks-to-be-more?tu=boagman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.