(Topic ID: 90892)

How do YOU properly "Nastify", or modify your your pin-decks to be more...

By Caucasian2Step

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by DK
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider accidental.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 9 years ago

I'm not a great player so I don't tend to make adjustments to make the game harder. But I do like to make adjustments that encourage me to play more of the game and get more out of it.

E.g., Dr Dude: set the Mix Master to require far more hits to spot Elements of Coolness. This eliminates the 'ramp all day' strategy and forces you to play the game properly.

One other thing I like to do is set the drop targets to have memory between balls. This means I actually shoot for them because I am more likely to see the rewards (but it is also not a safe shot). Without target memory they're not worth shooting for.

4 weeks later
#50 9 years ago
Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

Bounce (multiple) passes and slight nudges to get the ball from one side to the next were used with great effectiveness.

I have noticed this in the videos I've been watching lately. I'm finding that it takes real consideration to learn these techniques because it takes a while to build the intuition as to whether or not a bounce pass is going to be effective or not in the moment. Because I think that is what it takes — an intuition. My brain thinks it isn't going to work but then it does, especially if you add some nudging.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider accidental.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-properly-nastify-or-modify-your-your-pin-decks-to-be-more?tu=accidental and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.