(Topic ID: 90892)

How do YOU properly "Nastify", or modify your your pin-decks to be more...

By Caucasian2Step

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by MeNaCeFiRe
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

For me the key is relaxing. If I can relax and not worry so damn much if the ball is going to leave the PF... I play SO much better. Many of these slow speed techniques near the flippers are really just about moving the ball about where you want it to go so you can take your next shot. I am starting to practice more games with a more patient and accepting attitude. I am not sure that this necessarily leads to higher scores, but it certainly leads to less stressful games (which is a big plus when playing tournament games).

Watch Keith Elwin win PAPA games relaxing on one leg. He does it all the time and makes it look easy. Jorgen Holm plays a very easy looking game as well, and he's f'n death on wheels in front of a pinball table.

4 weeks later
#52 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Thanks for the tip/reminder. I haven't Novus 2'd my (nicely clearcoated) AFM playfield in a while. I just did it, and it's already making a huge difference.
Still haven't ruled the universe since turning off EBs and opening the outlanes, but I've gotten pretty close and I think I've seen some improvement in my playing. This speed increase is probably going to be a bit of a setback toward the RTU.

For anyone keeping track, I finally RTU'd on my AFM today for the first time since I set it up tough. Funnily enough, I did it on ball 2 -- so I actually had a decent chance at RTUing again on ball 3 (but came up short). I generally suck at getting dirty pool, but I got one on this game that helped me take down the 4th ship on ball 1. I ended up getting 1/3 of the way through the 5th ship on ball one, which really helps. As we all know by now, the only real risky shot in this game is opening the saucer, because everything else either returns to a flipper or can be done during a multiball. I guess the orbits can be tough, but my scoop feeds the left flipper as it should anyhow. I didn't pay too much attention, but I think the score was in the 30 billion range. For just 3 balls, and the way the game is playing, I'm happy with this result. Even if it took me a month to get there.

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

I generally suck at getting dirty pool

Oddly, for as long as I've been playing pinball, I've *never* gotten any kind of coded Dirty Pool. Not on TAF, not on AFM, not on IJ ("You cheat, Dr. Jones!")...nothing like that. Now, it's possible that I've benefitted from other, non-coded types, but they're not coming to the forefront of my mind.

I just find it strange that I've never gotten one. Of course, the argument could be made that "You *hate* AFM, so you don't play it enough to get Dirty Pool!", and I suppose there's some legitimacy to that. But I've played TAF and IJ a *ton*, and never gotten it.

I'm glad some people have been able to!

3 years later
#54 2 years ago

Shatzing lanes with a powerball will hone your pin-fu to a sharply honed edge.

That is all.

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

Shatzing lanes with a powerball will hone your pin-fu to a sharply honed edge.
That is all.

Now I know what I'm doing this weekend!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 219.99
Trade
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside