By MiamiRedSkin

9 months ago

Stats

• 90 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 month ago by cfh
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

lnm2 (resized).jpg
lnm (resized).jpg
LNM (resized).jpg
SMDM and Bigfoot (resized).jpg
image-4 (resized).jpg
IMG_0098 (resized).JPG
ballyBigFoot (resized).jpg
DSC_0218 (resized).JPG
DSC_0216 (resized).JPG

There are 90 posts in topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 months ago
Quoted from MrBally:

That's Midway's Larry Burke playing Bigfoot.

You can also see the founder of Play Meter Magazine, the late, great Ralph Lally just to the side of Larry.

#52 9 months ago

Nice

#53 9 months ago

I'd definitely throw it on eBay. I'd start the bidding at a few hundred bucks without second thought.

You've got plenty of interest from Pinside alone. You'd do really well at open auction.

#54 9 months ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Would love to have this but don't want to risk international shipping on such a rare item. Good luck with whoever gets it.

I've got some brief video footage of Gabe Kaplan and Dan Haggerty playing the Bigfoot prototype on '70s TV game show "US against the World."
That Marty Feldman/Roger Daltrey shot has to be from the same show as Haggerty/Kaplan in the footage are wearing similar attire with country flags.
» Vimeo video

Pretty cool but they really should have LEDd it.

#55 9 months ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

You just helped to put another piece to the puzzle in place. Thanks again!!

John

I assume that piece of the puzzle is your effort to find a Bigfoot?

#56 9 months ago

Bigfoot doesn't exist, no way. they made two which destroyed themselves in testing.

Unless John is gonna hunt down Gabe Kaplan and find out the truth?!

#57 9 months ago

I wonder if PPS got the Bigfoot films with all the art they stole from Gene?

#58 9 months ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Would love to have this but don't want to risk international shipping on such a rare item. Good luck with whoever gets it.

I've got some brief video footage of Gabe Kaplan and Dan Haggerty playing the Bigfoot prototype on '70s TV game show "US against the World."
That Marty Feldman/Roger Daltrey shot has to be from the same show as Haggerty/Kaplan in the footage are wearing similar attire with country flags.
» Vimeo video

Thank you for posting the video!

#59 9 months ago

I think John should build one. "We have the technology..."
SMDM and Bigfoot (resized).jpg

#60 9 months ago
Quoted from SirScott:

Hmm.....I might rabbit, I might.

John

#61 9 months ago
Quoted from SirScott:

i remember watching 6 million dollar man and BIG FOOT when i was a kid! thanks for the memories

#62 9 months ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I wish somebody had access to the film footage of Roger Daltrey playing Bigfoot.
Then we could see what kind of pinball wizard he really was....

Richard Dawson and Olivia Newton John in the background of 2nd shot. Nothing quite like bad 70's tv.

#64 9 months ago

Ooohhh Oliviaaa!!!

#65 9 months ago
Quoted from SirScott:

That episode of 6 million dollar man might have been the highlight of 5th grade for my friends and I. We talked about it for months.

#66 9 months ago

I heard PPS is doing a Bigfoot remake. That backglass is now worth 20 dollars.

#67 9 months ago

I have a special love for Bigfoot. Probably because as a kid I had Harry and the Hendersons on repeat. That kind of explains my love for John Lithgow as well.

I'd say just keep it. How many of the rest of us just put away backglasses to someday display or put in machines?

Here's some good Bigfoot music

» YouTube video

#68 9 months ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

I heard PPS is doing a Bigfoot remake. That backglass is now worth 20 dollars.

It's worth about 2000 dollars right now

#69 9 months ago

Wow vid thanks for bringing me back to Xanadu!

#70 9 months ago

Anyone else have a Bigfoot backglass for 2500 cash for sale?

#71 9 months ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

Anyone else have a Bigfoot backglass for 2500 cash for sale?

I'll draw one from scratch for that amount.

#72 9 months ago

This thread makes me start to wonder what would happen if I threw this up for sale on PinSide.
"Strike when the iron is hot?"

Good luck to all buyers.

LNM (resized).jpg

#73 9 months ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

This thread makes me start to wonder what would happen if I threw this up for sale on PinSide.
Good luck to all buyers.

LOL...that's funny as I just listened to a Podcast where you mention this backglass. I'll open with a trade for a WoZ playfield.

John

#74 9 months ago

Good luck to all buyers.

What a great piece of pinball history. I took these pics about 2 years ago when I got the pleasure of playing it

lnm (resized).jpg

lnm2 (resized).jpg

#75 9 months ago

Since rare Backglasses are going for high value lets do this

Offers over $1000 only
Maybe put it on eBay for $2500
Pinsider deal now !!

#76 9 months ago

Good luck to all buyers.

List it please!

#77 9 months ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

It's worth about 2000 dollars right now

Seller has a 2k offer? Wow!

#78 9 months ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

What a great piece of pinball history. I took these pics about 2 years ago when I got the pleasure of playing it

Looks like a really fun layout. Why was it never produced? Was the layout used on another game?

I really want the BF backglass, I have the perfect spot for it, but it sounds like it's going to go for huge $$$.

#79 9 months ago

Bgresto should be offering it soon. On real glass though as a wall hanger

#80 9 months ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Bgresto should be offering it soon. On real glass though as a wall hanger

That would be awesome. Do they have the scans?

#81 9 months ago

Im sure PPS would love the idea. Why even say that in this thread - OP is looking to make some $$$ and a buyer isn't exactly looking to get an original for big bucks if 100's are going to be made "soon". I guess the owner for the Loch Ness backglass might as well toss his in the trash as well. Goes to show people who have cool rare stuff - stay away from pinside all together, some members here will find a way to make your good finds turn into coal real quick or call you out as a , dare I say, "Collector". Everyone should just stick with their Walking Deads and Ghostbusters posts. Nothing rare to see here.

#82 9 months ago

Likely too much for me! Very cool though, one day hopefully I'll have the chance to buy one or have one passed down to me. (an original)

I never knew more than one existed, I had always admired Dayhuff's (from photos).

#83 9 months ago
Quoted from rjk243:

Im sure PPS would love the idea. Why even say that in this thread - OP is looking to make some $$$ and a buyer isn't exactly looking to get an original for big bucks if 100's are going to be made "soon". I guess the owner for the Loch Ness backglass might as well toss his in the trash as well. Goes to show people who have cool rare stuff - stay away from pinside all together, some members here will find a way to make your good finds turn into coal real quick or call you out as a , dare I say, "Collector". Everyone should just stick with their Walking Deads and Ghostbusters posts. Nothing rare to see here.

Yeah this sorta stuff kills me. Same thing happened to me with the GnR translite and the Deathball translite I have which are both originals as well as the Star Trek prototype backglass...again original hanging on my wall. Now the Bigfoot glass rumor??? What's next? King Kong and Em. Evel Knievel games ?? Is nothing sacred anymore?

John

#84 9 months ago

One Million Dollars (said with pinky in cheek) I just made that up...

#85 8 months ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Thanks for posting it.
Note that it starts after the 1:00 mark.

Take the 1:56 seconds to watch the entire video...I mean come on man it's Don Rickles!

#86 8 months ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I wish somebody had access to the film footage of Roger Daltrey playing Bigfoot.
Then we could see what kind of pinball wizard he really was....

I got the next best thing how about Keith Moon playing with a mean nudge that Rick Stetta would be envious of!

» YouTube video

Please join my Facebook pinball group with tons of reposted gems like this all in one place!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1529515124038768/

#87 8 months ago

wow BIGFOOT video and picture of full machine amazin! now to spot one in the wild!!!

#88 8 months ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

Please join my Facebook pinball group with tons of reposted gems like this all in one place!

I'm too old for facebook, but a thread here on Pinside linking to all your videos would be killer!

6 months later
#89 59 days ago

Where did the Bigfoot glass go?

Is the show still own or has been canceled?

#90 59 days ago

bgresto.com has a scan of an original big foot glass. due to its size and lack of any real need for it, he's never re-made the glass. but it could happen if there was a need. or if someone asked. the thing is freaking huge though. i had to handle the original for steve, and it's just a big thing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
£ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 989.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 53.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 24.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 170.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Mods
$ 34.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 9.99
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Texas Pinball
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 90 posts in topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside