(Topic ID: 256934)

How do you prefer to play pinball with friends?

By lpeters82

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by guitarded
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How do you prefer to play?”

• 1-Player 16 votes
      40%
    • 2-Player 14 votes
      35%
    • 4-Player 10 votes
      25%

(40 votes)

#1 4 years ago

Let's say you have multiple machines and have three friends over to play some pinball. How do you prefer to play?

--1-Player Games: Do you want everyone play their own game, so no one is ever waiting.
    --2-Player Games: Do you want to play head-to-head so you have someone to play against, but you're not waiting around forever.
    --4-Player Games: Do you want to everyone to play the same game with a four-player game.

EDIT: I suppose a 3-Player game would be an option if you there is one person there that no one else likes.

#2 4 years ago

4 player dollar games!

#3 4 years ago

Depends on the game. If it's a new Stern non one wants to wait around all night to play.
    @ - 2 players might work
    Classic Bally, Stern, EM then everyone can play

#5 4 years ago

At my house the games never take long so I prefer as many 4 player games as we can. At the bar we tend to play alone and shoot the shit in between games, sprinkle in the occasional multiplayer game.

#6 4 years ago

Pinball is weird... very much game dependent, but I find its most fun to play solo.

Worst case scenario is trying to play with someone that's a novice. Not so much for me, but for them. The excitement can certainly wear off after a minute of waiting and not know what the hell is going on.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Drunk and naked.

That is how you play golf, not pinball!
    you weirdo!

#8 4 years ago

4 player, with a whiskey or cognac in hand and a beer on the side to chase....and see where the night goes from there.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Drunk and naked.

Damnit Levi you beat me to it.. I saw the thread title and that was my first gut reaction.

#10 4 years ago

We mostly play 4 player games at my house but after a few of those we break into 2 player teams and each person mans a flipper. It's a nice change and a lot of fun.

#11 4 years ago

What are friends?

#12 4 years ago

$5 a game. Single player games or multiplayer.

$10 on Pit Stop. $5 for score, $5 for laps.

A special or match earns $1.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Drunk and naked.

I want to play at your house

#14 4 years ago

This seems how it works.

Family over for gathering like Thanksgiving, birthday parties etc. It's a free for all they all choose different games. I check in and give them pointers and explain basic rules. I usually don't play.

Neighbor or neighbors that own pinballs that come over or I go to their house. Mostly we play the same game either 2 -4 players. We might play 3-4 at once and rotate the games as player one, two etc. Kind of like an assembly line.

#15 4 years ago

Regardless of who is over (newbies or pinheads), it's a free for all.

#16 4 years ago

I think my preferred gameplay is head-to-head. When doing so in non-competition, I find it's a great way to learn a new game. One player can almost act as a spotter. My second option would be 4-player. I don't know why but I tend to play better when playing with friends. I wish that translated to competition, but somehow the nerves seem to get to me.

#17 4 years ago

When I'm hosting a party (typically a monthly event), I tend to not play more than a few games with folks. Either they are way better than me, or I am way better than them; plus the distraction of fixing machines (usually just nudge the ball out). Besides, I enjoy seeing other people enjoy the collection just as much as playing.

When it's just a couple people over? Half and half, play with folks, or play solo, but still in talking distance. Unless I'm playing with n00bs in which case I really don't want to intimidate them.

#18 4 years ago

Pinball for me is mostly a solo hobby. When we have parties, I will explain rules and help people.

But most of the time I just play alone.

I have many other arcade and redemption games that I play with others but for me pinball is solo.

#19 4 years ago

Random draw on machine, 3 machine rotation. 4 players add scores. That way we have 8 players up at a time.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

It is only Levi who is drunk and naked though

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

Ummm, OK

#22 4 years ago

When they leave and I have $25 in my pocket that I didn't before they got here.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-prefer-to-play-pinball-with-friends?hl=dandandan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.