(Topic ID: 284253)

How Do You Plan On Spending YOUR $600?

By radial_head

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Food Lines 2 (resized).jpeg
    Food Lines (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20201223_212810_com.android.chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20201223_212756_com.android.chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20201222-143407 (resized).png
    4rgxb8 (resized).jpg
    6753FBCC-F2A2-4A93-866F-BEBF90F09CF1 (resized).png
    20201223_131518 (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    4rdvsa (resized).jpg
    977916C4-4E9C-4E2F-8275-6A2BE18691C8 (resized).jpeg
    154EE710-9A26-4FC1-8BF8-2C9455C4AECC (resized).jpeg
    5E78BAA0-0B01-406D-BC39-7F5FAB46A100 (resized).jpeg
    850A5648-F374-4EEA-BBFE-715ACC3A56C8 (resized).jpeg
    C2B83964-BADC-4D72-A9B9-B878FDF5A8F6 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 176 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 3 years ago

"IF" my bills are taken care of, it will go to the Rick and Morty fund! Good thing its a late build, Im no where close to having the cash for it.

#52 3 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

Haha....I'm getting $1,200. The wife will never see her check!

my man

#53 3 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

I'm going to blow it all at once and have the best 60 minutes I've had this year! I'm going to buy my wife some extra expensive wine, perfume and a sexy outfit. Then head off to the bedroom for some FUN! Then after that, spend the next 55 minutes watching Sports Center.

5 minutes? No need to show off!!!

#54 3 years ago

What $600 never seen the last one!

#55 3 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

I'm going to blow it all at once and have the best 60 minutes I've had this year! I'm going to buy my wife some extra expensive wine, perfume and a sexy outfit. Then head off to the bedroom for some FUN! Then after that, spend the next 55 minutes watching Sports Center.

Better keep that back door locked.

#56 3 years ago

Pisses me off that only certain people get it.

Everyone should receive the payment if it's truly for stimulus.

I HATE that i pay into others' retirements and benefits, while i also need to fund my own. Paying for others' stimulus. Christ, i hate i pay SCHOOL tax. I HAVE NO F@CKIING KIDS!!!

Where's my benefit? When do i get a freakin' break?

The guy that's been funding welfare, paying his taxes, paying others' CRAP should be the one to finally get a fucking break.

NOPE. Just keep working and paying others'.

Gripe over.

#57 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

I HATE that i pay into others' retirements and benefits, while i also need to fund my own. Paying for others' stimulus. Christ, i hate i pay SCHOOL tax. I HAVE NO F@CKIING KIDS!!!
    The guy that's been funding welfare, paying his taxes, paying others' CRAP should be the one to finally get a fucking break.
    Gripe over.

It’s 600 bucks dude. Who gives a shit.

If you make enough That you aren’t getting it you won’t miss it. I won’t.

Could barely lowball someone on a Millionaire for 600 lousy clams.

#58 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Christ, i hate i pay SCHOOL tax. I HAVE NO F@CKIING KIDS!!!

Curious, did you attend public school?

#59 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s 600 bucks dude. Who gives a shit.
    If you make enough That you aren’t getting it you won’t miss it. I won’t.

It's the whole principle of it DUDE.

Do you own a house and pay taxes levi? I'm assuming you do.

What gets me is i pay a LOT of taxes and rarely am included in the "benefit" category.

Right now, my best friend gets to go pick up a SHIT TON of food from the local school because his kids are out due to covid and they're GIVING AWAY all the food that the school contracted for for the year. THAT I FUCKING PAID FOR. Do i get to go share in some of the freebies that I PAID FOR ? NOpe.

Shit like this irks me. It SHOULD irk you too.

AT LEAST give me a Walmart parking space for "average taxpayer". We have "veteran". "Handicrapped", "pharmacy pickup". "grocery pickup", etc etc.

WHERE'S MY SPOT?

#60 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Missed this tidbit and it made me laugh.

#61 3 years ago

Even funnier how some here and others I know have to make a point of how their NOT getting it. Must have learned that at brag camp...

#62 3 years ago

ThisC8 (resized).jpgC8 (resized).jpg
    No the camera that dude has. I want to take better pictures of my congressmen's car.

#63 3 years ago

I'm going to buy a NIB pin! Once I figure out time travel. Even then, I'd need to convert it to older money. Too much work, nevermind, it'll go to bills.

#64 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

When do i get a freakin' break?

I think you answered your own question :

Quoted from Blackbeard:

I HAVE NO F@CKIING KIDS!!!

#65 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

What gets me is i pay a LOT of taxes...

Do you? Because I live in 'Merica and really don't pay much. Of course I don't own a business so I don;t know how that whole thing works.

Quoted from Blackbeard:

You're benefit would be having nice schools, which would be reflected in the value of the home you own. But Let me guess, They charge taxes on how much your home is worth so you're pissed aboot that too?

#66 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

WHERE'S MY SPOT?

As a veteran I appreciate the gesture.I never park there as I am able bodied and can walk 50 more feet.Oh yeah I also get 10% off at my local cannabis dispensary.Stimulus and all.

#67 3 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Curious, did you attend public school?

I did. And my parent paid in via tax.

And I know where this is going. But I think it should be a head tax. I get the “greater good” argument but cmon.

I didn’t push out 9 kids and get welfare. I shouldn’t have to pay as much. Maybe I should get a “responsible, no kid” tax credit to mitigate things?

#68 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

I did. And my parent paid in via tax.
    And I know where this is going. But I think it should be a head tax. I get the “greater good” argument but cmon.
    I didn’t push out 9 kids and get welfare. I should have to pay as much. Maybe I should get a “responsible, no kid” tax credit to mitigate things?

I think this is going off topic.

#69 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Do you? Because I live in 'Merica and really don't pay much. Of course I don't own a business so I don;t know how that whole thing works.

You're benefit would be having nice schools, which would be reflected in the value of the home you own. But Let me guess, They charge taxes on how much your home is worth so you're pissed aboot that too?

I own a business. I pay a ton. I also have to pay all the extras a lawyer needs to pay, including malpractice. (Never needed knock on wood) but that’s my dumb ass choice of profession. Shoulda been a teacher. Damn good retirement and benefits here in NY, funded by yours truly. Mr ZERO kids.

I pay a whopping $7000.00 in tax per year. Most school tax, although I own a modest ranch house with barely room for anymore pins.

I fund my own retirement and oh, also many many mores retirement.

It’s non stop.

Give me a fucking $600 check already

#70 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

I own a business. I pay a ton. I also have to pay all the extras a lawyer needs to pay, including malpractice. (Never needed knock on wood)
    I pay a whopping $7000.00 in tax per year. Most school tax.
    I fund my own retirement and oh, also many many mores retirement.
    It’s non stop.

As a wealthy business owner, you’ve received huge tax cuts over the past 4 years that didn’t need or deserve, to the detriment of the schools and social programs you hate.

Isn’t that enough?!

Yeah I know. Give this guy 600 bucks!

#71 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

As a wealthy business owner,

You don’t know me or what I make. So don’t go there.

I do well enough and provide for myself. I also busted my ass to get here and paid a lotta school loans off. (More loot going to fund the trough)

#72 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

You don’t know me or what I make. So don’t go there.
    I do well enough and provide for myself. I also busted my ass to get here.

Again, you’ve likely cleaned up on tax breaks over the past 4 years, surely to the tune of far more than a measly 600 greenbacks.

So someone who had their food stamps, housing, health care or other benefits merciessly slashed to help provide those cuts gets a tiny little $600 bonus to try to survive the next few months? Big deal.

Just pointing out there’s plenty of government welfare to go around. It’s just not your turn this week.

#73 3 years ago

Using it towards the taxes I will owe this year...smh

#74 3 years ago
    Quoted from manadams:

I can sleep at night now that $10M went to Pakistani gender programs.

$1.3 Billion to Egypt to.

#75 3 years ago

Mine's going to medical-related bills. Thanks Covid !

#76 3 years ago

I spent my $600 stimulus check today to replace my iPad mini I accidentally cooked in my pizza oven a few weeks ago. iPad Air 4th generation with Cellular. Should receive it Monday and the stimulus in a couple weeks!

20DE89CE-325A-436C-BABF-8057E19B3D58 (resized).jpeg20DE89CE-325A-436C-BABF-8057E19B3D58 (resized).jpeg
    #77 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

I spent my $600 stimulus check today to replace my iPad mini I accidentally cooked in my pizza oven a few weeks ago. iPad Air 4th generation with Cellular. Should receive it Monday and the stimulus in a couple weeks!
    [quoted image]

#78 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

I will give you a $600 check, but you have to take my 3 kids, and eat all that awesome free school food they get too. They tend to get up pretty early, like to argue about the dumbest things possible, and will always complain they are bored and hungry, but overall, for $600, I am willing to send them on their way to you. I promise you won't hear me complain that I didn't get any stimulus money.

I don't disagree about mismanagement of stimulus funds and bulk-loading packages. Any bill being passed should stand on its own. Pork Barreling is atrocious from both sides.

Let me know when you want me to drop the kids off, I am on my way to the library to protest their government handouts....

#79 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

[quoted image]

Yikes.

I hope you don’t have pets. Or kids!

#80 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I hope you don’t have pets

He used to have a hamster.... He hasn't seen it since he got the toaster oven though.

#81 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

[quoted image]

Cmon ! How did you do that ?

#82 3 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I will give you a $600 check, but you have to take my 3 kids, and eat all that awesome free school food they get too. They tend to get up pretty early, like to argue about the dumbest things possible, and will always complain they are bored and hungry, but overall, for $600, I am willing to send them on their way to you. I promise you won't hear me complain that I didn't get any stimulus money.
    I don't disagree about mismanagement of stimulus funds and bulk-loading packages. Any bill being passed should stand on its own. Pork Barreling is atrocious from both sides.
    Let me know when you want me to drop the kids off, I am on my way to the library to protest their government handouts....

I get it. Kids are a pain etx but You CHOSE that life. I did not.

You pay for it. I shouldn’t have to.

#83 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

Cmon ! How did you do that ?

900 degrees for about 3 minutes.

E6569D54-284F-4BC6-B9CD-8F63FF663020 (resized).jpegE6569D54-284F-4BC6-B9CD-8F63FF663020 (resized).jpeg
    #84 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

You CHOSE that life. I did not.
    You pay for it.

I agree 100%. Did you not choose your life? Did you not choose to start your own business knowing what that looks like financially? That was my point.... I won't come here and complain about my choices if you don't.

I wish nothing but the best for you and everyone else....truly.

#85 3 years ago
    stonks (resized).jpgstonks (resized).jpg
    #86 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

If I had to guess, I think part of the reasoning of why higher earning people don't get the check is their wealth and spending habits. Higher earning people tend to have more wealth and investments and wealthier people spend money differently. I believe wealthier people that would receive the $600 stimulus money would be less apt to spend it and not stimulate the economy as much as lower income people. It would likely just sit in a checking account not make much of a difference.

And on top of that, there's probably only so much money to go around, so overall the stimulus money would be reduced per person. Lower income people would have less to stimulate the economy with, and higher income people probably wouldn't give a s*** about $300, and it would make little or no difference in their spending behavior.

#87 3 years ago

I am gonna get 2400 quarters and go nuts on my pinball machines! Whooooo .

#88 3 years ago

Going to finally get an Escalera Stair Climber so I can save my back! I move pins too much up and down stairs to justify it. Will be a few hundred short with what we get between myself, my wife and our kid but it will def take a chunk out of the purchase.

#89 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

900 degrees for about 3 minutes.

Yo Electrocute I’ve been cooking a ton of pizzas on my roccbox lately and just picked up a great new cookbook that I recommend. No iPad recipes in there but.
    I’ve been cooking at a lower temp like 700F. And put some markings on the regulator and the thermometer to try to keep it in that range.
    I heat it up full blast 45 min then turn it down to low keeping temp some ware around where I’m holding the pen and cook around 4 min.

154EE710-9A26-4FC1-8BF8-2C9455C4AECC (resized).jpeg154EE710-9A26-4FC1-8BF8-2C9455C4AECC (resized).jpeg5E78BAA0-0B01-406D-BC39-7F5FAB46A100 (resized).jpeg5E78BAA0-0B01-406D-BC39-7F5FAB46A100 (resized).jpeg850A5648-F374-4EEA-BBFE-715ACC3A56C8 (resized).jpeg850A5648-F374-4EEA-BBFE-715ACC3A56C8 (resized).jpeg977916C4-4E9C-4E2F-8275-6A2BE18691C8 (resized).jpeg977916C4-4E9C-4E2F-8275-6A2BE18691C8 (resized).jpegC2B83964-BADC-4D72-A9B9-B878FDF5A8F6 (resized).jpegC2B83964-BADC-4D72-A9B9-B878FDF5A8F6 (resized).jpeg
    #90 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:I spent my $600 stimulus check today to replace my iPad mini I accidentally cooked in my pizza oven a few weeks ago. iPad Air 4th generation with Cellular. Should receive it Monday and the stimulus in a couple weeks!

I also get totally annihilated wasted drunk before I cook my pizzas but it looks like you’ve got that covered already.

#91 3 years ago

I'm going to take the family's money and speculate on Stern toppers.

#92 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

[quoted image]

Sometimes I put the milk in the pantry and the cereal in the refrigerator. But good sir, you got me beat.

#93 3 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Sometimes I put the milk in the pantry and the cereal in the refrigerator. But good sir, you got me beat.

After smoking my first brisket I got totally shit housed drunk and had a late night snack of leftovers. The next day I was looking for the brisket for lunch and couldn't find it. There was a ton left. It took hours before I found it. I put the container where we store the empty containers in the cabinet. No recollection whatsoever. What a shame. Anyway, back on topic. Where were we? Oh yeah, poor people hate rich people for having too much money and rich people think poor people are lazy? Carry on....

#94 3 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

After smoking my first brisket I got totally shit housed drunk and had a late night snack of leftovers. The next day I was looking for the brisket for lunch and couldn't find it. There was a ton left. It took hours before I found it. I put the container where we store the empty containers in the cabinet. No recollection whatsoever. What a shame. Anyway, back on topic. Where were we? Oh yeah, poor people hate rich people for having too much money and rich people think poor people are lazy? Carry on....

If you drink the entire time it takes to cook a proper brisket you will be sh#t faced. I approve.

You could spend your money SRF beef.

#95 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Gripe over.

Thank you for being a valued member of society!

#96 3 years ago

As someone that pays taxes and won't qualify for it, I completely understand as it should go to others that need it more. If these idiots didn't shut down the economy, I might think otherwise but people had their livelihoods taken away - no fault of theirs

#97 3 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Higher earning people tend to have more wealth and investments and wealthier people spend money differently. I believe wealthier people that would receive the $600 stimulus money would be less apt to spend it and not stimulate the economy as much as lower income people. It would likely just sit in a checking account not make much of a difference.

Indeed.
    https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/M2V#content-container

#99 3 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

If I had to guess, I think part of the reasoning of why higher earning people don't get the check is their wealth and spending habits. Higher earning people tend to have more wealth and investments and wealthier people spend money differently. I believe wealthier people that would receive the $600 stimulus money would be less apt to spend it and not stimulate the economy as much as lower income people. It would likely just sit in a checking account not make much of a difference.
    And on top of that, there's probably only so much money to go around, so overall the stimulus money would be reduced per person. Lower income people would have less to stimulate the economy with, and higher income people probably wouldn't give a s*** about $300, and it would make little or no difference in their spending behavior.

I don't beleive this is supposed to be a stimulus, more hopefully I can make rent type check for those that really need it. Restuarant workers have probably been hurt the most and this doesn't make up for all their losses, but might help keep things afloat as they about to max out the credit card.

I know there is a lot of urgency to get this out because of what I stated, but, I know it would take too much time, it would be better to see people's net income from 2020 before sending blanket checks based on 2018/2019 income levels. In March we thought we were going to be in dire straights and lose all my wife's income, but that didn't happen. This has been her best year due to being able to Zoom for the first time ever.

This is the closest to politics as I'll get, so I'm going to go back to making Stern topper and beer drinking jokes after this post.

#100 3 years ago

Cause he wants to give $2000 checks instead of $600, you forgot that detail.

There are 176 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-plan-on-spending-your-600/page/2?hl=electronmagic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.