Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by RobT
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“I like to organize my games by...”

• Theme 7 votes
      10%
    • Designer 1 vote
      1%
    • Age 10 votes
      14%
    • Alphabetical order 0 votes
    • No order here, wherever there is space. 32 votes
      46%
    • Other 20 votes
      29%

(70 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ALL_Right.gif
    #1 11 years ago

Hey gang, I was checking out the gameroom pics and it got me thinking... how do you all choose your game layout? I've got mine in a strip of 7 (soon to beand they're in no particular order as I just add new games to either end. But do some of you organize your games by theme? Designer? Age? Alphabetically? I'd love to hear it.

- B

#2 11 years ago

mine is fairly random. some thought it given to size. Tallest games in the middle or off by themselves.

#3 11 years ago

Right now I have 4 Bally games on one side of the room and 4 Williams on the other. Not sure what to do when one of each leave and bring in 2 DE games next week

#4 11 years ago

With only 3 games, I hadn't really thought of it. Newest to oldest I guess. I just always thought of it as Black Spider-Man, (whatever else I have), and then Cyclone.

If I had a big game collection I would probably still arrange by game age, but there would be exceptions. Elviras together, Monster Bash, MS Frankenstein and BS Dracula together. Maybe have certain era by manufacturer together.

I'm sure the stress of organizing a large game collection is something I could deal with.

#5 11 years ago

Games with topper where there is no bulkhead on one end of the row. Classic games separate since the heights/glass angles don't line up with DMDs.

#6 11 years ago

Only have 1 pin, so no order at all.

#7 11 years ago

Permanent additions go to the gameroom, the rest stay in the mancave/converted 2 car garage. Potentials for high end restoration is what I should call the ones downstairs right now. BBB in center, all pins radiate out from that one with their rank on my list. So the closer to BBB the better I like it .

#8 11 years ago

By date I acquired them.

#9 11 years ago

I have a 'dungeon' room at the back of the main game room that has some pure horror titles together; Bram Stoker's Dracula, Mystery Castle, Class of 1812 and Scared Stiff. The center room has the top titles; Cirqus Voltaire, Attack from Mars, Twilight Zone and... Ghostbusters. I have Funhouse by the bar, Tales from the Crypt in the garage and my EM in the formal living room.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Only have 1 pin, so no order at all.

I am right there with you.

#11 11 years ago

Well when we got our first pin, it was easy!! Then we decided it was lonely...and then the addiction just really kicked in!! At that point we were going to get 1 Williams game 1 a year from every year in the 80's...so we would have a total of 10 games over a 10 year period.....Yeah that lasted about 6 months!! After that, it got to be, that the games were grouped in order by year...except for the 4 double levels, and they were on 1 wall by themselves...Then I got into some system 11s, and alot of them have toppers, so some rearranging of the basement ceiling had to happen...and the games with toppers had to be set as low as they would go with 27 inch legs and they were still TIGHT!!! That was when I figured the dinning room was wasted space, and talked hubby into getting rid of furniture, and making that the system11 room...then the living room furniture went as well, and that is the system 9 and Farfalla (I have toppers for them as well) room and also the DMDs are in there. The basement gameroom has system 6s 7s and EMs... and they are arranged by 1 wall are my faves, and 1 wall are hubby's faves, then EM's have a wall, and then the double levels still have their wall.
    That is why I picked other...cause it depends on the room as to how they are arranged.

Phoebe

#13 11 years ago

2 in the living room, 2 in the bedroom, 1 at a friend's place and 1 in my parents' dining room.

#15 11 years ago

Dmd's in an angled row, and early SS the same configuration on a different wall just because the overall heights and playfield glass angles are different between them.

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

By manufacturer.

Same here

#17 11 years ago

Hopefully this will be a concern at some point.
    With only 2, its not much of an issue

#19 11 years ago

I try to mix my games up so no two DMDs are together, that way the DMD snobs *might* be tempted to try a System 80 or System 11 or, god-forbid, an EM!

Unfortunately, I currently have a classic Stern next to a Bally and the leveled backboxes drives me crazy. I prefer contrasting heights, shapes and gameplay, if possible. Variety is the spice of life, as they say.

#20 11 years ago

Closest to the Door is the Next 1 out ......

#21 11 years ago

Ahhhhh. So that's why BSD is so far away from the door.

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from raddroxx:

Ahhhhh. So that's why BSD is so far away from the door.

I Need to Move BSD ,, The Sopranos is headed out Sunday !!! Good call Rad

I'm Hoping to get HS2 and DW in .. Still Tyme to Shop them B-4 my Premium Arrives ..

#23 11 years ago

I put them where I can fit the most in the room.
    Across my back wall I could fit four sterns / gottlieb but no B/w due to the head size.

I can put a Gottlieb system 3 next to the door but stern/ bw will not fit well (1 inch too big).
    That being said I have maxed out the space buy putting cork tabs between the heads where they almost touch.

#24 11 years ago

I just stick the 2 games with the best art on the end...and mix'em up in the middle. I keep FT and WH2O away from each other cuz of the toppers...and FGY and WPT for the same reason.

I will say one thing...the 2 pins at the end pretty much always get the least amount of play regardless what they are. When I had FT in the middle...the game was busy all night. I stuck it on the end..and with about the same people over the next time..it didn't get played hardly at all. Since then I started watch a little more closely. The end pins almost always seem to be open

#25 11 years ago

I have one game. I put it in the corner in both date of release order and alphabetical order. Every month or so I rearrange the order just for variety.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

By manufacturer.

Not sure why there is no category for this. Currently I have a B/W wall and a Stern wall.

#27 11 years ago

From left to right, sometimes right to left...

#28 11 years ago

What the Hell happened !! TZ was My Furthermost Pin in and Now it's Leave-n 2-morrow .. What have I went an Done ,, I do have AC/Dc on the way , but something Nice will Fill TZ 's spot ..... ALL_Right.gifALL_Right.gif

#29 11 years ago

Hey,

I don't have the gameroom done, but the general plan is to have The Shadow at the far end of the row. It's "my" game; not many other people are going to groove on it who don't play pinball a bunch. The WhiteWater and TSPP are probably going to end up in the middle; they'll draw a bit more of a crowd (or so I think). The others will probably go where they go; if I do the restoration I plan to do on my Pin*Bot, it might wind up in the office as a show piece.

Luke

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

Not sure why there is no category for this. Currently I have a B/W wall and a Stern wall.

That's how I normally have mine set up, it's either 2 Sterns together, and 3 Bally/Williams DMDs in the other row, or else it's 3 Sterns and 2 Bally/Williams. It just depends on what's in my collection at the time. I reckon games by the same manufacturer just look better together.

#31 11 years ago

"I reckon games by the same manufacturer just look better together."

They do. The angle and size of the backbox seems slightly different between different manufacturers. If line up a Stern or a DE with a bunch of B/W's it'll stick out like a sore thumb. That was one reason my TFTC had to go!

#32 11 years ago

If I had to choose, I'd say age.

But really I do it by display type! All EMs, LEDs and DMDs are grouped in as long of a line as possible!

-Aaron

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

What the Hell happened !! TZ was My Furthermost Pin in and Now it's Leave-n 2-morrow .. What have I went an Done ,, I do have AC/Dc on the way , but something Nice will Fill TZ 's spot .....

Attachments ALL_Right.gif (0.8 KB, 0 downloads) 8 hours old

I reckon you'll find another one, if you feel that urge.

#34 11 years ago

I only have room for 3 pins inside, the rest go in the garage.....so the 3 nicest/most valuable go inside.

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I only have room for 3 pins inside, the rest go in the garage.....so the 3 nicest/most valuable go inside.

You must have pretty nice weather to be able to keep any in a garage. If I did that all the machines kept outside would turn into giant rust buckets . . . fast!

#36 11 years ago

By manufacturer, then by year.

#37 11 years ago

Not hard for me. I've only got one.

#38 11 years ago

well..... i only have 3 pins so far and they are all sterns, so..... stern, stern, stern

#40 11 years ago

No organization for me, they go in as I buy them. But perhaps after reading this thread I may change my mind.

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

You must have pretty nice weather to be able to keep any in a garage. If I did that all the machines kept outside would turn into giant rust buckets . . . fast!

That's the joy of living in SoCal (not near the beach). It's dry here. The only thing that sucks is when summer gets here it will be too hot to play the pins in the garage during the day.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-organize-your-games and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.