• Latest reply 5 years ago by bonzo71
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

switch (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

Before I call PBR, how do you described this switch ( This is not actual picture of mine) as the contacts are really toasted in my machine. Not much left to burnish. Its the outer contact set on 1C......white arrow....good enough description for Steve to know?

switch (resized).jpgswitch (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

There are a few ways to go about it but my approach is to keep a stock of the components. The single blade your white arrow points at could be made from 3 pieces: an empty blade, a metal contact point and a plastic spacer. All of which are on this page. Let me know if you'd like a more detailed description.
http://www.pbresource.com/pfswitch.htm#common

If you want to order the blade all made up, you'll need to know which holes the contact point and plastic spacer are in, the approx diameter of the contact point, and the length of the plastic spacer.

#3 5 years ago

If it is just the contact you can replace it. Carefully grind the old one off and peen a new one on.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

If it is just the contact you can replace it. Carefully grind the old one off and peen a new one on.

Good point. Make sure you get the blade shiny directly underneath the point so it can make good electrical contact with the blade.

#5 5 years ago

It may seem like overkill, but you can buy a whole score motor on ebay take what you need and sell the rest. If you do this, pull off some of the plastic spacers..at least one of each size just for future use.

ebay.com link: 70s Gottlieb EM Score Motor Assembly Pinball Part

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-order-this-switch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.