(Topic ID: 180715)

How do you label wiring on Playfield swaps when dishwashing harness?

By Mbecker

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by dmacy
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2136 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2135 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2022 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2023 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbecker.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Wondering the best way to label/keep track of wiring if I'm removing all switches ,sockets,etc from harness so I can dishwasher it? Obviously I will have s ton of pictures but does anyone go beyond this and label stuff somehow either on paper or physically? Trying to figure out the best way to do this for an easy reassembly

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

Use an electronic label maker that prints on self-stick vinyl material.

And then you label everywire as you desolder? Harness and labels go in the dishwasher?

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from Skins:

I use either blue painters tape and paint pen or the electricians number book. I used to use a sharpie and painters tape but I had an instance where 50% washed off and and another 20% became nearly unreadable. Paint pens to come of as easy. Even in scalding hot ultrasonic water.

Yeah that makes me nervous putting anything hand labeled thru a wash.. will look into paint pens

#8 7 years ago

Read thru your guide vid, and now I'm rethinking this lol.. lead in the dishwasher.. hadn't realized coil dust had lead. I hate to spend 300 on a cleaver but I may do it. I know my wife would not be happy about the lead, as safe as I'm sure it is.

Ultrasonic cleaners - blue tape still ok with paint pens ... anyone know?

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from Skins:

Yes. I have done 10 harnesses in an ultrasonic cleaner with blue tape and a black paint pen.

Thanks!

#13 7 years ago

Thanks Radius118 ! Cutting all the switches sounds better than desoldering.. hadn't considered that. I'll have to run by Tacoma screw as well, they are just down the street from work.

Looking at cleaners.. 22L good size? Can I get away with smaller? Looks like it has to be connected to water possibly ?

vid1900 -- totally fair, just feels weird to use kitchen stuff for things I'd normally do in the garage or a shop. I'm sure it's fine, but it's probably s good opportunity to get a cleaner

#16 7 years ago

Wow you write a novel radius!! Haha. thanks for all the info -- that's great! I was looking at that cleaner yesterday, probably going to be going with it. You didn't mean that things clean that quickly in there did you? I was thinking it took days of running it like a tumbler?

Another question -- is this dishwasher weird? I have double Wands that I assume both spin during cycles.. looks like the harness could get caught even if on top rack if I ran it in there.

IMG_2023 (resized).JPGIMG_2023 (resized).JPG

IMG_2022 (resized).JPGIMG_2022 (resized).JPG

1 week later
    #20 7 years ago

Alright, 30l ultrasonic arrived! Time to clean some parts this weekend!

IMG_2135 (resized).JPGIMG_2135 (resized).JPG

IMG_2136 (resized).JPGIMG_2136 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbecker.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-label-wiring-on-playfield-swaps-when-dishwashing-harness?tu=mbecker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.