Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Djshakes
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0774 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0773 (resized).JPG
    maxresdefault (2) (resized).jpg
    CA172903-AEFF-4CEB-8A54-EFD9A194C1CF (resized).jpeg
    #1 4 years ago

How do you install these things into the caps. They provided nothing to make them stay in.

CA172903-AEFF-4CEB-8A54-EFD9A194C1CF (resized).jpegCA172903-AEFF-4CEB-8A54-EFD9A194C1CF (resized).jpeg
    #4 4 years ago

That's really kindof chickenshit but it works. Thanks

#5 4 years ago

Way too much light for my taste.

#6 4 years ago

You HAVE to use hot glue or similar to attach these to the underside of the pop cap.

If they fall off/down while the game is on they will short out against the steel pop ring.

They could use a clear mylar ring stuck to the bottom of the LED ring to prevent shorts.

RM

#7 4 years ago

Love those things from Comet! Look great on FT and TZ. Hot glue works great, I put it on the underside only and holds great, just need small globs in several places around the edge. Mylar is a great idea to for added protection.

#8 4 years ago

Just to be safe.....

maxresdefault (2) (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (2) (resized).jpg
    #9 4 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

Just to be safe.....
    [quoted image]

Make sure you place a welding mat around the pop to protect the pf from flying sparks.

#10 4 years ago

love these comet rings . cant have too much colorI didn't want steel ring to wear thru wires , so ground enough to clear wires from cap inner rim and body top rim. I do the mylar ring on the bottom too . now , where is my hot glue gun

IMG_0773 (resized).JPGIMG_0773 (resized).JPGIMG_0774 (resized).JPGIMG_0774 (resized).JPG

#11 4 years ago

Could you just cover the whole thing in hot glue?

#13 4 years ago

If you don't spend up for the pinballlife ones you and buy comet, I do the following. Hot glue tends to fail and the rings will fall and short. I use packaging tape and seal them in the cap. Then I take a razor and cut around the edges of the cap and cut out the center section. You basically seal it in the cap. No more shorting.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from Djshakes:

If you don't spend up for the pinballlife ones you and buy comet, I do the following. Hot glue tends to fail and the rings will fall and short. I use packaging tape and seal them in the cap. Then I take a razor and cut around the edges of the cap and cut out the center section. You basically seal it in the cap. No more shorting.

You think glue on packaging tape holds longer?

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from harryhoudini:

You think glue on packaging tape holds longer?

I never had any issues with the tape method. At one point I think I had over 10 rings that had shorted using the glue method or they were bad. Once I started taping I was good to go. All my machines have them.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-install-these?hl=djshakes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.