6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by rx3
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN0477 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0476 (resized).JPG

#1 6 years ago

What's the best way to smash or press this pin that holds the flap? Thx!

DSCN0476 (resized).JPGDSCN0476 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

Kinda crude, but I ended up using one of these vise grips and it worked pretty well. In case I didn't make myself clear, I was talking about the pin that slides through the flap to hold it onto the assembly.

DSCN0477 (resized).JPGDSCN0477 (resized).JPG

5 months later
    #3 6 years ago

I wondered about the exact same before. And ended up using a bolt cutter, being very careful and using the stop screw to prevent from cutting through.

#4 6 years ago

I place the end of the pin on the anvil part of a vise and tap with a hammer.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

I place the end of the pin on the anvil part of a vise and tap with a hammer.

You are probably not talking about the same pin because I tried that and hammered the shit out of it. Even tried to use a punch. Didn't put a dent in it. It's some kind of super hard metal.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-guys-press-smash-this-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.