10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Mrbill
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

gor.jpg
    gor.jpg

#1 10 years ago

Anyone ship overseas and wrap pins. I can shrink wrap and put on a skid. But that leaves problems if someone runs a forklift into it. Want and need advice on this

#2 10 years ago

I'm trying to get a game shipped from Germany to Philadelphia. I'm interested in knowing some info on this as well.

#3 10 years ago

I had many games shipped in from Germany years ago. I had them flown into Pittsburgh and picked them up at the cargo terminal. The process was: when the game came into the terminal, I had to go there to get the paperwork, take that to customs and get it cleared then take it back to the terminal where games were released to me. The only fee I had to pay was a small customs processing fee; there were no duties as the games were made in the US. You can get a bonded broker to do the paperwork running but they charge a good bit as I recall. As to packing, the games were palletized well but the key here is to know the seller! I guy I dealt with in Germany was a well known dealer and he did an awesome job of palletizing & packing the games. Hope this helps!

#4 10 years ago

no one will drive a fork onto the pallet/skid

bag all loose items, balls, bolts, legs etc,
    prep the machine with cardboard & packing materials etc then shrink rap,
    place the machine prefer backside up or lay flat,
    use timber blocks up-against the 4 sides of the machine, screw the blocks down onto the pallet this will keep the pin from moving,
    racket tie the pin down cross ways, secure the ratchet handle & all hooks with tape so they don't come adrift,
    do a final shrink rap,

others may add more info

gor.jpggor.jpg

#5 10 years ago

Check out how thorough Mike is when he ships his art

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pmd-custom-chromed-wh2o-for-sale/page/2

#6 10 years ago

nice, but I would suggest not making a flat top. a shipper might see it as an opportunity to stack something on top of it.

Its also a good idea to make/have a 4 way pallet. the easier it is for them to pick them up, the less likely they are just going to set it down on top of the forks. Its bad enough they are going to pick it up and make 20mph turns with it on the forks. on top of the forks, its going to fly off.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-guys-pallet-wrap-a-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.