(Topic ID: 70931)

How do you guys have all this stuff on top of your machines?

By Chitownpinball

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2013-10-27_13-22-08_500.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I see a lot of people with little trinkets, figures, etc, on top of their machines in their game rooms. How does this work? Do you guys not play your machines ever? If you do, do you not nudge at all? I feel like if I played any of these machines you would be wringing my neck for knocking your priceless figurines on the floor.

Do you guys mount that stuff? Some of it looks like its just placed up there.....

#2 10 years ago

Pretty much everything is screwed down, especially all those original toppers. Had a JD eagle topper not screwed down once and it got busted when it got shook off the machine during a party one year. After that I make sure to get out the screws and cordless drill each time I go to add another topper to the collection. Rather be safe then sorry.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#3 10 years ago

If I ever put anything on the top of my pins, I would certainly use some double sided 3M tape or putty to keep everything in place.

#4 10 years ago

I like figurines and have them all over. I put some on top of my machines using Velcro circles. Works well and I shake the shit out of my machines.

#5 10 years ago

I was playing Eric in Oshkosh's Tommy, and I nudged so hard that the giant ball fell off the head! I must have knocked his glue job loose.

Luckily, my juggler's reflexes stood me in good stead, and I reached out and caught it before it hit the glass!

Good thing, too, for me, as I wound up buying that game, and I wouldn't have wanted to have to ask for a price adjustment for a dented ball!

I rigged up a new bracket and screwed it down good, no glue necessary.

#6 10 years ago

My ceilings are too low to have any kind of toppers on my games. Normally I'm not into any toppers but It's kind of a bummer I had to take my TAF cloud off and my DW dalek.

#7 10 years ago

OK, so you guys are gluing or velcroing or using putty, i see. Some pics it just looks like its sitting up there....

Ive been considering collecting stuff based on the themes of my machines and putting the items on top.

Thanks

#8 10 years ago

I don't put anything on top of my games that it didn't come with from the factory (except dust). Definitely won't be screwing anything into the top of the backbox, that's for sure.

#9 10 years ago

I put toppers on all my games that don't come with them or else the cats would live up there.

#10 10 years ago

The 3M command adhesive strips you get at any store work pretty well too, and the adhesive comes right off.

#11 10 years ago

Double stick tape works well for most items. For heavier items or more complex placement, I'll hot glue and/or screw items onto a foam core or thick poster board, then mount the board to the head using small screws or double stick tape.

#12 10 years ago

here is my topper. model in pic is cleaning and waxing outside of monopoly

2013-10-27_13-22-08_500.jpg2013-10-27_13-22-08_500.jpg
#13 10 years ago

Knew someone that had a bowling pin just sitting up there. Nudge = FAIL! I only have a fuzzy Tribble on my ST. Can't get in much "Tribble" with that.

#14 10 years ago

Can't have enough of this stuff. I put toppers on all my pins and usualy I buy more than one and display it on the side of each pin. Extra Stern topper leds strips for all if I can get more than 1 translite on a pin I also like to display it in a led box. Love to create an ambiance and something cool around my pins.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 25.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pin-Decals

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Lighting - Led
TheDudeMods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-guys-have-all-this-stuff-on-top-of-your-machines and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.