(Topic ID: 300991)

How do you guys decide to buy before playing?

By rai

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Aeolus7
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pickle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 2 years ago

I have played every game before buying and would not normally break this rule except for certain circumstances. Only broke it once and that was for Kiss LE but I am a huge Kiss fan so it was a must have.
    I don’t advise buying sight unseen if you have a small collection and limited budget. But if there is something special you connect with as a theme I wouldn’t tell anyone not to get it.
    A lot of people buy in advance on theme and have the money to take the risk. Then there are the flippers that buy on speculation they can flip it for profit. But it’s crazy when people say it’s a dream theme and they don’t even collect memorabilia of that theme…..it’s a theme you like at that point. Lately every theme has been a “dream theme” for some. I feel it’s mostly FOMO and people with money that can buy them as they don’t want to miss out on a hit that appreciates- Like JJP POTC….who wouldn’t spend 10-12K to sell it for 20-30K.

This is pinball and meant to be fun….too much stress worrying about missing out on a game so I don’t worry about being the first on the block to have the next shiny new toy. If I want something I will pick one up down the road.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pickle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-guys-decide-to-buy-before-playing-?tu=Pickle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.