(Topic ID: 249302)

How do you get cart path awards in no good gofers?

By Djshakes

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I have a quick question. I can never get the 2x and other bonus multipliers in the bottom of the board. They are called the cart path awards. They flicker when available but even if I shoot the corresponding orbit shot it is never awarded. All spinner switches work. Every switch works. I've only had it award once in like 100 games. Is there a setting? I can't even get them with the glass off so I know something is up. You just shoot the orbit after the opposite inlane is lit right?

#2 4 years ago

Cart Paths

Between the flippers are 6 lights, which indicate the next Cart Path award. Cart Path awards are given when you shoot an orbit after lighting it from the right inlane (for the left orbit) or the left left inlane (for the right orbit). The awards are:

Bonus 2x
Increase Cart Path
Bonus 3x
Increase Cart path
Bonus 4x
Bonus 5x + Light extra ball

The flashing award indicates what you'll get next. The awards reset at the start of every ball. It doesn't look like you get anything extra after you get 5x + light extra ball. You only get one Cart Path award per inlane trigger. You can only get the extra ball from Cart Paths once.

Orbits score 50K+50K for each consecutive shot. I believe getting "Increase Cart Path" bumps up the base value by 50K (i.e. 100K+50K/shot and 150K+50K/ shot). That resets each ball as well.

Each orbit has a big white circle light that flashes when it's lit for the next Cart Path award or for consecutive loop awards.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Cart Paths
Between the flippers are 6 lights, which indicate the next Cart Path award. Cart Path awards are given when you shoot an orbit after lighting it from the right inlane (for the left orbit) or the left left inlane (for the right orbit). The awards are:
Bonus 2x
Increase Cart Path
Bonus 3x
Increase Cart path
Bonus 4x
Bonus 5x + Light extra ball
The flashing award indicates what you'll get next. The awards reset at the start of every ball. It doesn't look like you get anything extra after you get 5x + light extra ball. You only get one Cart Path award per inlane trigger. You can only get the extra ball from Cart Paths once.
Orbits score 50K+50K for each consecutive shot. I believe getting "Increase Cart Path" bumps up the base value by 50K (i.e. 100K+50K/shot and 150K+50K/ shot). That resets each ball as well.
Each orbit has a big white circle light that flashes when it's lit for the next Cart Path award or for consecutive loop awards.

Thanks, I read all this previously but shooting the opposite spinners doesn't award the shoot and the switches all definitely work. I've done it with glass off, etc. The light flashes but definitely doesn't award if you hit it before it goes out.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Thanks, I read all this previously but shooting the opposite spinners doesn't award the shoot and the switches all definitely work. I've done it with glass off, etc. The light flashes but definitely doesn't award if you hit it before it goes out.

It worked on the NGG I owned a long time ago and I've never seen it not work on any NGG I've played.

I know you said those switches are working, but is it possible that another switch is activating and keeping the bonus X award from happening?

OR

Try a factory software install?

#5 4 years ago

I had this problem with my NGG as well, I even replaced the roll overs on the in lanes and the orbits. What I discovered later is that even though the roll overs were working the stock orbit roll overs are just not tall enough with how fast the ball moves. I eventually replaced one with a much taller round style roll over on a whim and it made a huge difference in how well NGG played. You said you tried lighting the target with the inlanes roll over and then hitting the spinner which does causes the light to flash but it has to be the rollover on the opposite side of the orbit to get the cart path award, hitting the spinner alone does not give the award.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lenexa, KS
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

4,800 (OBO)
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-get-cart-path-awards-in-no-good-gofers- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.