Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 114 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Wyopinball
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

00 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1196 (resized).JPG
    images (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20170319-105041 (resized).png
    plasma (resized).jpeg
    cob.jpg
    dealer (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

If you never get married, and never knock any broads up - you will save, on average, $280,000 per child you don't have to support to the age of 18.
    Then think of the additional savings when they don't move back into the basement, as 58% of them do, after college.....

Who makes up these numbers? I have 3 kids almost teenagers and they are not that expensive. If you buy them expensive things, cars, private school, and fancy college then yeah. I've spent way more on pinball than I have on them in the past few years that's for sure.

#64 7 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Really? Add it up....ALL the food, clothing, medical bills, trips, sports....etc.... Over 18 YEARS it adds up. I would bet $280,000 is a low average. No private schools or Porches either.
    I'm going to feel so rich once the kids are out of college! Except for that damn retirement savings thing.........and taxes.......and medical coverage!

I know some parents that spend thousands a year on sports alone. I keep things pretty simple and my kids don't ask for much. College is what scares me. I've been saving but it never seems like it will never be enough the way costs go up. Honestly who cares. I wouldn't trade my kids for nothing. I have way more enjoyment with them than any material thing or money in the bank.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-fund-your-collection?tu=jawjaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.