2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 114 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Wyopinball
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

00 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1196 (resized).JPG
    images (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20170319-105041 (resized).png
    plasma (resized).jpeg
    cob.jpg
    dealer (resized).jpg

There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

You've got to think these things through.
    If you get fixed, you lose $1100 a month in sperm bank money.

I can't imagine all sperm is equally valuable?

#102 2 years ago

Vid1900 for president

#103 2 years ago

Funding comes from solid financial decisions the wife and I have made since college. We bought a double wide trailer as our first home when everyone else was buying stick built at the top of their budget. We were able to save for 30% down on a home that was below our means of living once selling the double wide. Put one paycheck a week, tax returns, and any bonus money in a different bank than the day to day spending accounts. This is also how we work up our budget so we live essentially thinking we make less money. Pay for as much stuff with cash as possible (no credit card debt, no car payment, no loans on toys). I'm sure their is a better way to have your money work for you (investing, etc.) I am just fairly conservative when it comes to finances and this has worked for us.

Also, we have two kids that are expensive as hell and wouldn't trade it for anything.

#104 2 years ago

its funny, I collect retro videogames BIGTIME....Im talking about historical items like DEV kits, NES TVs and big ticket items and I get so tired of that community at times saying how they found a Nintendo sealed box set, with ROB the Robot, and 56 games for $3 at the "local good will". when i got interested in BP, I hav NO IDEA how expensive they were, I was thinking $5-600 per machine! basically, we just started a new House cleaning business just to use those funds for upcomming machines.

#105 2 years ago

I don't take vacations. Not one to drink. Rarely go out. My vices are working out and collecting pinball. So much so that I am selling of my guns/reloading/casting equipment because I do not use it.

Now, in the past I flipped machines and built up that way. Now, I tend to sit on things for awhile. The real exception is that I will be having to sell my soccer kings. Committed to buying it and ended up buying a massive arcade game that ate up 3 slots for pins so out of room.

#106 2 years ago
    Quoted from Monk:

Put one paycheck a week, tax returns, and any bonus money in a different bank than the day to day spending accounts.

This is a really strong technique. What we did was setup an account that us used for all of the bills, mortgages, etc. it gets enough direct deposit d to cover all of that with some cushion and most of the payments out of it are automatic.

The remaining from our checks goes to our respective fun accounts which we use for travel, eating out, and of course pinball.

Anyway it amazed me how much simpler it became to manage it all and have safe to use fun money once seperating fun from essentials into seperate accounts.

#107 2 years ago

I quit smoking.....oh wait, never smoked.
    I quit gambling....oh wait.....
    I quit mainlining heroin.....oh wait....

Hmmm, not so hard to save a little extra when you don't do stupid shit.

#108 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

You've got to think these things through.
    If you get fixed, you lose $1100 a month in sperm bank money.

I am willing to accept that over paying child support for 18 years.

#109 2 years ago

I'm Nigerian Royalty - people just send me money all the time...

#110 2 years ago
    Quoted from cpu-slave:

I'm Nigerian Royalty - people just send me money all the time...

We'll, they send you $2-300.00 in "Express handling fees" for you to send them "One million two thousand US Dollars". So, a good deal.

#111 2 years ago

Half of the pins I've had were longterm loaned to me with the promise of fixing and shopping them. Turns out lots of people were willing to take me up on that offer.
    Other times I have used a low-interest line of credit to buy a machine and then slowly pay it off over months. This has been very low-risk since pins are basically a liquid asset around here.

#112 2 years ago
    Quoted from NightTrain:

I have bought, fixed, and sold, to own my collection for right around zero dollars. I have a whole excel spreadsheet with every bought and sold price. As well as all parts bought.

Same! What # are you at? I just got game #32 on to the sheet.

#113 2 years ago

Pfft who needs both kidneys anyway? No pins though, now that's life threatening

00 (resized).jpg

#114 2 years ago

I was mowing my aunts yard and someone stopped and said, do you have a lawn service. I looked at my truck, looked at my mower, and said sure, what's your address?
    Five years later, and two trucks that's how I fund 100 percent of our pins. I have traded machine for machine but all funds come from people's yards.
    You can make a ridiculous about of money walking or riding a mower.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 349.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 2.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 78.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Metalhead Pinball
    $ 999.00
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 10.00
    $ 137.00
    $ 149.00
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 49.00
    $ 229.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 20.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside