(Topic ID: 55635)

How do you find out about Stern doing a Re-Run?

By Captive_Ball

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by cougtv
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th-1.jpeg
    #1 10 years ago

When Stern does a re - run on a game, how do you find out about it?

#2 10 years ago

Get a job at Stern. Work on the factory floor for a year. Get promoted to production assistant. Stay late one night and dig through Gary's trash can. Find mimeograph paper that you hold up to the light to see the projected sales. Snap blurry pic. Post it to Pinside. Get fired. Get a job at JJP.

#3 10 years ago

Email Jody

#4 10 years ago

I usually just find out here on Pinside Forum and/or possibly via Pinball News website.
    Seems like news travels fast these days via the internet and computers.

#5 10 years ago

Have I missed a rumored surprise re-run of something today?

#6 10 years ago

No Tiger.....I have just seen a few posts over the last couple weeks mentioning games they would like re-run. Made me think about Tron's re-run. I guess I was late in hearing it.

#7 10 years ago

Usually distributors get news first. When they did Tron Re-Run- Coin-Takers was on it. I heard from them before I heard from others.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from Captive_Ball:

No Tiger.....I have just seen a few posts over the last couple weeks mentioning games they would like re-run. Made me think about Tron's re-run. I guess I was late in hearing it.

Gotcha. There are a lot of games I'd like to see them do a re-run on. An LE Iron Man would be awesome...mirrored backglass, some other cosmetic enhancements and leg guards. I'd go NIB . . . and finally have my fan layout game.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Gotcha. There are a lot of games I'd like to see them do a re-run on. An LE Iron Man would be awesome...mirrored backglass, some other cosmetic enhancements and leg guards. I'd go NIB . . . and finally have my fan layout game.

Much agreed! I like the way you think sir.

#10 10 years ago

Avatar is being re run again no for real!

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Avatar is being re run again no for real!

That is interesting. They did a run of them right before that last Tron run as well if my memory serves me correctly. Must be rout operators buying them I suppose, or Europeans perhaps?

I think Avatar is a fun game; I just don't like the theme.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

That is interesting. They did a run of them right before that last Tron run as well if my memory serves me correctly. Must be rout operators buying them I suppose, or Europeans perhaps?
    I think Avatar is a fun game; I just don't like the theme.

And it seems there are still many out there for sale online...no shortage like other titles.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from Captive_Ball:

And it seems there are still many out there for sale online...no shortage like other titles.

Stern often brings back games for surprise re-runs. I think, if they did this, I would want them in the following order (the games that already had LE re-runs like SM and LOTR or not counted); though we will assume for fun that any re-run would be LE style cosmetic and quality changes only:

1) Iron Man
    2) Family Guy
    3) POTC
    4) BBH
    5) IJ4 (with completed and polished code)

#14 10 years ago

When the value of your LAST run Tron plummets, Stern is doing a re-run.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Stern often brings back games for surprise re-runs. I think, if they did this, I would want them in the following order (the games that already had LE re-runs like SM and LOTR or not counted); though we will assume for fun that any re-run would be LE style cosmetic and quality changes only:
    1) Iron Man
    2) Family Guy
    3) POTC
    4) BBH
    5) IJ4 (with completed and polished code)

Great List, now if they could just follow it...my bank account would dwindle

#16 10 years ago

I could see Stern doing a re-run of IM and BBH, but that's about it.

#17 10 years ago

It seems that Stern is doing less re-runs since the Premium models were introduced.They just keep producing those instead until the model cools.Look at AC/DC Premium.And probably Metallica Dirty Donny Monsters Edition if it takes off.

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from stretch2:

It seems that Stern is doing less re-runs since the Premium models were introduced.They just keep producing those instead until the model cools.Look at AC/DC Premium.And probably Metallica Dirty Donny Monsters Edition if it takes off.

I agree. Stern's assembly line seems to be busy with new product . . . they don't need to do re-runs of some of their older games apparently. That said, if they only do two games this year as many are suspecting is probable they may need to pull out a surprise re-run or two . . . surely it won't be Avatar.

#19 10 years ago

Stern's website has sections for 'current titles' and 'out of production' games. I know when I bought my TSPP 2008 the game moved from out to current during the production run. Not sure how reliable they are about updating the site for short re-runs though.

FWIW... Someone mentioned Avatar above. It is shown as a current game so a re-run would appear to be in the works.

#20 10 years ago

I would love to know the Stern production numbers. If not numbers, than just a list from high to low. Games like Avatar always surprise me when they are re-run multiple times. Who's buying?

#21 10 years ago

I would love a re-run of LOTR

#22 10 years ago

Avatar may be re-run because of the upcoming Avatar 2 movie coming out soon.

#23 10 years ago

Would love to see a rerun of a title I didn't get a chance to pick up years ago.

But with as busy as the line was with Metallicas yesterday (took my son to visit his pals at Stern), I don't see a rerun happening anytime soon.

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Games like Avatar always surprise me when they are re-run multiple times. Who's buying?

Avatar-hating forum posters are like .003% of people who buy pinball machines. Remember, not everyone who buys games goes on forums and posts about it. Random non-hobby people buy machines for their gamerooms, and Avatar is the highest grossing movie of all time - there are fans!

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Get a job at Stern. Work on the factory floor for a year. Get promoted to production assistant. Stay late one night and dig through Gary's trash can. Find mimeograph paper that you hold up to the light to see the projected sales. Snap blurry pic. Post it to Pinside. Get fired. Get a job at JJP.

This made me laugh out loud at the end!

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from c2scanada:

hell yeah !!!

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Avatar-hating forum posters are like .003% of people who buy pinball machines. Remember, not everyone who buys games goes on forums and posts about it. Random non-hobby people buy machines for their gamerooms, and Avatar is the highest grossing movie of all time - there are fans!

One movie, despite the popularity of same, does not a franchise make. Look at Titanic. No franchise . . . one and done. Avatar has zero cross over appeal so far beyond film one. It does not have the franchise value of Star Wars, Star Trek, Avengers, XMen, or even Transformers.

Time will tell if Avatar is a one hit wonder or true franchise. The jury is still out on that.

#28 10 years ago

Same. Since it already had a large LE run though I think we are out of luck though; could be wrong - I hope I am.

#29 10 years ago

I'm not sure I'm up for "re-run"

th-1.jpegth-1.jpeg

#30 10 years ago

Definitely not that one!

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from c2scanada:

+1 more. That would get me to buy my first new machine.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-find-out-about-stern-doing-a-re-run and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.