Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by fattrain
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FG_phony.JPG

#1 11 years ago

I know it's different for everyone but for me I fluctuate in between 12-15 pins at any given time.

Most of the time I get stuck on my newest pin / "flavor of the month" (which is currently X-Men).

I generally only jam one or two pins constantly for a month or two and don't even really touch the other machines.

Then magically I will get the bug to play a different machine and get hooked on it for awhile and not touch any other stuff.....

How do you guys do it?

Do you walk up and pick a machine?
    Flip a coin?
    Play the same pin everyday regardless of how many you own?

Just wondering what/how other people decide what to play e.t.c.

I.E. JP was my first pin and I almost never even touch it, but I will never sell it either. Good ol' catch 22 (someone call hoarders!)

#2 11 years ago

i just follow my instinct.. i reach my pinners and the one that is "calling" is the one i play. during play if another one happens to call i just switch over... and on and on till i had enough or got to go.
    sometimes i just play one, and other times i play them all

#3 11 years ago

interesting topic...wondered what guys like yourself with larger collections do. Because I only have 4 pins...I walk into my "gameroom"...address my pins..hello babies...turn them all on..then play 2 or 3 games on each then finish up with a game on a pin i didnt do well with. Love your collection btw.

#4 11 years ago

The one that kicked my a%# the last time I played, looking for REVENGE!!!

#5 11 years ago

I pray to the pinball God Balwilstern. He then informs me which machine is up to ridiculing me that day

#6 11 years ago

Its just whatever I'm in the mood for that day. I rotate pretty evenly between mine but, I only have four. I suppose if I had 15 there would likely be some that would get neglected for periods of time. Won't be a problem though since I'm pretty selective on the titles I like so, I can't even think of 15 different machines out there that I would want to own. Don't mistake that for wanting to play, just there are only a handful that I'm interesting in owning.

#7 11 years ago

In my case I could flip a coin since I only have two machines!

#8 11 years ago

Since I have one pin, it's pretty obvious, but if I was in a location filled with multiple pins, I'd first pick the one that I haven't played yet.

#9 11 years ago

New additions always get the most play for a while.
    If I have one up for sale I will start to play it more, focusing on a mode I haven't beaten, for example.
    Whichever one my wife starts playing. She is more random in choosing than I am.
    Whichever one I just got working/done modding/tweeking.
    If all those don't apply, I tend to go for the games with short ball times.

#10 11 years ago

I make a lot of small changes to my machines and always play test after. Often that one game puts me back on a big kick for that machine.

#11 11 years ago

I play PINBOT. ALWAYS.

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I make a lot of small changes to my machines and always play test after. Often that one game puts me back on a big kick for that machine.

I can agree with that....

This may sound weird, or some of you may relate, but for me, when I finish installing mods and tweaking / cleaning a machine I generally jam a game or two right after that and I almost always have a PHENOMENAL game (like it's thanking me for cleaning it, haha).

#13 11 years ago

I turn on one row and play them in order. If I have time left over, I will start at the beginning and play them in order again. it kind of forces me to play each game every week and I can see when I am tired of a game and start to prep it for sale. Then there's Ironman, which I only play during the day (before the kids go to bed) because the sound system rumbles the house

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

This may sound weird, or some of you may relate, but for me, when I finish installing mods and tweaking / cleaning a machine I generally jam a game or two right after that and I almost always have a PHENOMENAL game (like it's thanking me for cleaning it, haha).

I do the same. You have to give it a few test runs of course.

#15 11 years ago

Lets see , with 365 days in the year and divided by 70 pins thats 5.21428571428 days of playing each pin. See its not complicated.
    Seriously though, its just whatever strikes my mood but usually too busy working/testing incoming games to really step back and enjoy playing a particular game for a long period of time. Sounds terrible but the variety is great.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Lets see , with 365 days in the year and divided by 70 pins

Your Pinside info says you only have 68....... are you fibbing?

#17 11 years ago

Atleast three were not listed on the site so I could not include them. Probably because there older games from the 30's and before. Plus I might not have listed Fathom at that time. No fibbing here, just doing what I can.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

#19 11 years ago

Phony

FG_phony.JPGFG_phony.JPG

#20 11 years ago

Hey now, settle down. Lookie here.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

#21 11 years ago

JD...thats un b lieve a ble. Thats all in your basement? Time to throw out the shit in mine.
    Kellogs and JD!

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from Vyzer2:

JD...thats un b lieve a ble. Thats all in your basement? Time to throw out the shit in mine.
    Kellogs and JD!

Yes, everything is in the basement, including the Hercules as well. This years party will be offically announced in another month or so...everyones invited for the 10th annual " 12 hours of pinball party". Last year was 138 people, I hope to break that record this year. So come one, come all.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

#23 11 years ago

I'll do everything I can to arrange a 'customer visit' out in Battle Creek as soon as you make the announcement. That is wild

#24 11 years ago

With my meager collection I sometimes like to play them all at the same time. Let me explain what I mean. I start on right and work my way to left. I start on the first pin and when I drain the first ball I move to the next pin until I come back to the first pin to plunge my second ball.

But typically I play whichever is the newest in the collection.

#25 11 years ago

I always just have an itch when it comes to pinball and I kind of know what game will work best to scratch it that day. Often times if I've put up some good recent scores I'll gravitate back to that machine, but usually it's seemingly random as to which game is calling me out.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Hey now, settle down. Lookie here.

That girl at 2:58 looks like a cutie!

Wait... there was pinballs?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-decide-what-to-play and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.