(Topic ID: 250851)

How do you decide to keep or move games?

By northerndude

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bicyclenut.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 4 years ago

I love working with my hands and fixing things. I started out wanting an EM that i could fix and get running and thats exactly what I did. I picked up a Gottlieb King Rock 4 player. Backglass, Playfield and cabinet were all in good shape. However, as most all EM's, the score reels needed some work and the underneath was a mess. Got it all working, played it, loved it. I thought I'd never sell that game. Then the sickness really set in. Over the next few years I bought a Sky Jump, Atlantis, El Dorado, Jacks Open, Abra Ca Dabra, Hit the Deck, Jumping Jack, Jungle, Captain Fantastic, Volley, Buccaneer, Flying Carpet. I found King Rock really sucked as a game and was boring. I decided to sell it because it was taking up space and I didn't play it. But I had a hard time letting it go, I even told the guy " If you ever want to sell it back to me let me know". All of my EM's needed work, some I did complete restores. I dumped in a lot of money into making them play and look nice. Now Im tired of all that work. I like EM's but my tastes have changed. Now, Im all about newer games. I've since sold off most all my EM's. I have only kept El Dorado, Hit the Deck and Jumping Jack. But now I have a game room full of my favorites. Aerosmith pro, Metallica pro, Ghostbuster LE, Batman 66, Last Action Hero, Family Guy, Austin Powers, Elvira PM. It just so happens I got tired of FG and sold it this week and I already have a Simpsons pinball party to pick up next week.
    So to answer your question, for me, it's hard to get rid of games because I feel attached to them because of time and money i have into them. I now am collecting for my grail games. I realize I have to give up a game to get another game simply because Im out of room and now the prices of the games I want are way more expensive. When thinking of buying a game I always ask myself, do I like xyz game better than yzx game? Met, GB and B66 are always off the table, so I dont even consider selling those games.
    As of the last 2 weeks I see my old King Rock is up for sale at double what I sold it for. NO WAY do I want that game back!!
    Funny how our tastes change.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bicyclenut.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-decide-to-keep-or-move-games?tu=bicyclenut and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.