(Topic ID: 92479)

How do you deal with an uneven basement?

By alichino

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

digital-angle-finder-protractor-inclinometer-spirit-level-0.05-dwl-180-s-138-p.jpg
    img_3942.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pac-Fan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Home depot has those 2'x2' OSB floor plots

Actually upgrade, and get the "Dri-Core" stuff -- it has a dimpled 1/4" thick plastic base that allows water to flow underneath, and has risers/levelers allowing you to compensate for an uneven floor. Have this in my 300 sq ft basement and it makes it nice and WARM (no more exposed cold concrete) and nice and level. You can also do it on the cheap with 4x8 sheets of tongue and groove OSB and then glue on your own "Platon" dimpled layer, usually used for waterproofing the outside foundation.

#28 9 years ago

You're right, I saw the stack and didn't look at the overturned one. I bought mine about 8 yrs ago when they were $4.49 a square at Menards, saw they increased shortly afterwards to $6 something (when OSB skyrocketed). Mine had the circles on them , i see yours has the newer starburst rectangle patterns.

The Platon brand actually does sell their stuff for underlayment explicitly. No glue needed, but they want you to screw the OSB then through it into the concrete. I think you could just contact cement it on the OSB like how Dri-Core is made.

http://www.certainteed.com/resources/Platon%20Flooring%20Brochure%2040-98-02D.pdf

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pac-Fan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-deal-with-an-uneven-basement?tu=Pac-Fan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.