(Topic ID: 248707)

How Do You Count/Collect Your Coin? +Operating Tips For A Beginner

By KingHebes

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

capsule rack (resized).jpg
    A380A1E7-422C-4142-B708-C796E3ACB0B8 (resized).jpeg
    3EE4EBC1-AFC1-493F-92C7-9C0EFA431FEB (resized).jpeg
    4821E6D3-935D-4D7B-9AC5-61E84DFFB320 (resized).jpeg
    SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hassellcastle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 4 years ago

Invest in a new/used Klopp Coin Counter. I prefered the manual (with hand crank) over the electric one as I could count anywhere without having to search for an outlet to plug it in at. The coin counter has a meter on it, so it is a breeze to count over $100 in quarters in less than 1 minute.

I would also suggest if this is going to be a high volume place to invest in a change machine. I always liked the Change machine made by American Changer as it worked well and was less expensive than a Rowe.

When counting at the location. I would line item each game and count what each machine earned on a piece of paper. Add it all up and give a copy to the location and their cut by check or cash (bills).

I kept the keys to the change machine, not the location. At the end of the count I would replenish the change machine with the quarters I harvested from the games after they were counted and pull the bills out for me to take to deposit in the bank. Typically I would count how much cash (bills) were pulled out of the changer and replenish that same amount in coins back to the changer.

I operated for several years for supplemental income while my wife stayed home before our kiddos were in school. If you ever want to pick my brain on the ins and outs of operating. Feel free to send me a PM, Iā€™m happy to chat on the subject.
    3EE4EBC1-AFC1-493F-92C7-9C0EFA431FEB (resized).jpeg3EE4EBC1-AFC1-493F-92C7-9C0EFA431FEB (resized).jpeg4821E6D3-935D-4D7B-9AC5-61E84DFFB320 (resized).jpeg4821E6D3-935D-4D7B-9AC5-61E84DFFB320 (resized).jpeg

A380A1E7-422C-4142-B708-C796E3ACB0B8 (resized).jpegA380A1E7-422C-4142-B708-C796E3ACB0B8 (resized).jpeg
    #16 4 years ago
    Quoted from pickleric:

on hassellcastle 's post above, there are restocking costs for some of the crane and candy machines that come out of the joint take. When repairing pinball machines do the parts costs typically come out of the joint coin take, or does the operator usually cover those parts costs?

Correct. Part of the service you as an operator provide is to maintain the games and repair them as needed. This is typically an expense
    of the operator.

#18 4 years ago

My location above was a hamburger restaurant that does lots of community fund raisers (almost on a weekly basis).
    Primary clientele in the gameroom was school age children.

My cash cow as you can see from the clip above was the Bulk Vending capsule rack. This thing killed it week after week.
    I counted every two weeks at this location. $250 was the average for the bulk vending rack. Loved that piece. No monitor to go out,
    no power supply to fail..just keep it stocked with good products that the kids enjoyed. I had one similar to the one in this pic.

capsule rack (resized).jpgcapsule rack (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hassellcastle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-count-collect-your-coin-operating-tips-for-a-beginner?tu=hassellcastle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.