HHschematic 002.jpg
HHcd(17).jpg
HHbbcus (11).jpg
HHcab(11).jpg
HHpsup9(27).jpg
HHpsup8 (25).jpg
HHpsup7(23).jpg
HHpsup6(21).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dasvis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 10 years ago

On the issue of drop targets not falling fully down, check the switch tension & make sure it is as light as can be while still making contact. Clean everything up & perhaps put a very slight touch of Teflon gel lube on the backside of the leaf switch where the operator rubs.
I ran into this on a Card whiz I am restoring - I had the most problem when the drop operated more than one leaf in the stack.

1 week later
#38 10 years ago

Wayner -
Received your request for wiring photos.... somehow the PM was erased. My High hand project is on hold for now & it has been returned to storage for the time being. Not sure if pics of my machine would be considered reliable, as previous "repairs" were done by a less than qualified tech. In the couple of weeks that I spent undoing past hacks I found several burnt wires, sloppy soldering, a missing knocker with the wires connected together (with, of course, toasted wires). Also, the backbox door is missing & the machine must have been backed up to a window - all of the wires are faded & color coding is unreadable for the most part. I did not even turn the machine on before I did the teardown, not much point.
Dasvis

#40 10 years ago

isn't it great when you find that one bad contact or broken solder connection? I just got done with a really sweet 1976 Gottlieb Card whiz. It sat in a basement since 1978 with very little use, in super nice shape but had a lot of bad connections, a missing contact on one player unit switch, & a couple of previous hack repairs. Works perfect now!

Next up is a Williams system 6A "Alien poker" machine - a buddy bought it 18 months ago & I promised to get it working. He paid $85 (delivered) for it & we found $56 in the coinbox once I drilled the lock. The game is not pristine by any means, but should be a good player once it's done. --- Then the High hand comes back to the shop...

#48 10 years ago

ebay.com link: Gottlieb Decagon Score Wheel pinball machine pinball parts

Found this.... not sure if it would have the wiper you require though, plus shipping to Oz would be outrageous.

2 weeks later
#53 10 years ago

Thanks Wayner!

FYI - Your High hand lit a fire under my project... I pulled it out of storage last week & have been putting some hours in on the mechanical side. Had the backbox & lower cabinet board done a while back. Just now finishing up the underside of the playfield - rebuild all of the drop targets, slingshots, kickouts, cleaned & adjusted all switches, & most time consuming -- pulled EVERY light socket out of the machine and soldered the body to the bracket & moved the lead wire to the tit. Finished up the flippers this morning.
Plan on putting it all together tonight & see if it works......
Then once the weather warms up I will start on cosmetics. It's tough to paint when it's cold!

#58 10 years ago

http://www.pinrepair.com/restore/gtblamp1.jpg

See photo.

Poor solder job by Clay though.......

I used the wire brush technique for the webbing on my King kool restore & it turned out fantastic. It's really easy to do & definitely hides the imperfections.

#60 10 years ago

Sorry, don't have any photos, took the machine to my inlaws cabin last week. My webbing was not a subtle as factory, but still looked good. For sure practice on some old cardboard before you attempt on the game itself.
I used black lacquer - it's kind of hard to find in the USA anymore. Had to get it from an archery supply website.
Here's a thread on webbing:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-lacquer-suggestions

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lakeville, MN
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dasvis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-convert-a-gottlieb-high-hand-em-wired-for-aab-back-to-a-replay-game?tu=dasvis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.