By DrAzzy

6 years ago

Stats

• 63 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Hawkeyepin
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

a20791f12daabe91523a05_m.jpg
Wax.jpg
TC_Kit.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drazzy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I've got two machines, both of which had a playfield in good condition when I bought them (no need to strip them down and clearcoat them). I'm wondering how other people do routine cleaning+waxing. I've been using Millwax for general cleaning on the playfield, and have cleaned up a few spots with novus 1.

It seems like Millwax doesn't really give much, if any, protective coating on the playfield. I was wondering if there is something better I should be using periodically to wax the playfield, to keep it in good condition

Thanks

#21 6 years ago

When you all say you clean or wax it "every month" or "every two months" - that's not really very meaningful, without knowing how heavily the machine is played... Unless you guys play far more than I do, I should be cleaning my playfields a lot more than I do!

#26 6 years ago

Hmm, was just struck with question here. Novus 2 is slightly abrasive, so we wouldn't want to use it for routine cleaning - just getting up the general traces of dirt on playfield - all the time, right?

And we don't want to use millwax at all.

So what do you do for low-intensity, general cleaning? Do you wax every time you clean? I'm assuming not...

2 weeks later
#40 6 years ago

It's certainly best_ to do a full strip.... though you can get away without taking everything off the playfield. What I did for my TZ was to remove all the ramps and mini PF, etc, so I had easy access to everyplace that the ball would go. I didn't bother taking off everything though - I left the gumball machine on (hellish to remove - had to take it off a while back). The path the ball takes out of it is easily accessible anyway, and is by no means high traffic area.

How important it is, I think, depends on the condition of the playfield (and hence how much polishing/cleaning you need to do) and how much stuff you're replacing at the same time, if anything. And of course, on how much time you have available to work on a pinball machine.

Quoted from pinballparadise:

When you vacuum.. Do you move your couch, table, rug etc? I know I do.

I sure don't...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Professor Pinball
$ 2.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 199.99
Machine - For Sale
Swartz Creek, MI
$ 160.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 989.00
$ 9.95
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 234.99
$ 12.95
£ 60.00
Playfield - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Professor Pinball
$ 100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drazzy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Note: This is an old thread. The last post was made to it 1,049 days ago. Resurrecting old threads is not necessarily a bad thing, if you think the topic is still relevant and/or your post is beneficial to it (e.g. following up on something). In other cases, it might be better to create a new topic.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.