By DrAzzy

6 years ago

Stats

• 63 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Hawkeyepin
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

a20791f12daabe91523a05_m.jpg
Wax.jpg
TC_Kit.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drazzy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I've got two machines, both of which had a playfield in good condition when I bought them (no need to strip them down and clearcoat them). I'm wondering how other people do routine cleaning+waxing. I've been using Millwax for general cleaning on the playfield, and have cleaned up a few spots with novus 1.

It seems like Millwax doesn't really give much, if any, protective coating on the playfield. I was wondering if there is something better I should be using periodically to wax the playfield, to keep it in good condition

Thanks

#21 6 years ago

When you all say you clean or wax it "every month" or "every two months" - that's not really very meaningful, without knowing how heavily the machine is played... Unless you guys play far more than I do, I should be cleaning my playfields a lot more than I do!

#26 6 years ago

Hmm, was just struck with question here. Novus 2 is slightly abrasive, so we wouldn't want to use it for routine cleaning - just getting up the general traces of dirt on playfield - all the time, right?

And we don't want to use millwax at all.

So what do you do for low-intensity, general cleaning? Do you wax every time you clean? I'm assuming not...

2 weeks later
#40 6 years ago

It's certainly best_ to do a full strip.... though you can get away without taking everything off the playfield. What I did for my TZ was to remove all the ramps and mini PF, etc, so I had easy access to everyplace that the ball would go. I didn't bother taking off everything though - I left the gumball machine on (hellish to remove - had to take it off a while back). The path the ball takes out of it is easily accessible anyway, and is by no means high traffic area.

How important it is, I think, depends on the condition of the playfield (and hence how much polishing/cleaning you need to do) and how much stuff you're replacing at the same time, if anything. And of course, on how much time you have available to work on a pinball machine.

Quoted from pinballparadise:

When you vacuum.. Do you move your couch, table, rug etc? I know I do.

I sure don't...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 87.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 12.95
€ 3.20
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dothan, AL
$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Professor Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 234.99
$ 42.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Professor Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Murphy, TX
$ 20.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drazzy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Note: This is an old thread. The last post was made to it 1,113 days ago. Resurrecting old threads is not necessarily a bad thing, if you think the topic is still relevant and/or your post is beneficial to it (e.g. following up on something). In other cases, it might be better to create a new topic.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside