• Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

a20791f12daabe91523a05_m.jpg
Wax.jpg
TC_Kit.jpg
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 12 years ago

I use Novus and the Carnuba wax. As far as how often. About once a month. Although on H.E.P.s website Chris says he waxes his every 2 weeks. Depends on how much you play

#52 12 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

I use Novus and the Carnuba wax. As far as how often. About once a month. Although on H.E.P.s website Chris says he waxes his every 2 weeks. Depends on how much you play

Just the major play areas, right?

I saw some Carnuba wax at Lowes made by Turtle Wax. Says it's clear coat safe but they call it a 'Cleaner Wax'... Unsure if it's the one I should get. Looks like this:
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/resources/content/products/images/models/large/wax_Turtle_Wax_Carnauba_Cleaner_Wax_T-5.jpg

#53 12 years ago

General consensus is to stay away from Cleaner Waxes. Just use pure Carnuba paste wax.

The major play area is all that needs to be hit every time IMO. I use my finger to put wax in the orbits and other hard to reach areas probably every other waxing. It is not necessary to take the playfield apart each time.

#54 12 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

Do you have a link to this where he says he does it every two weeks?

#55 12 years ago

Also, I just did another scan of RGP. It can't be said enough that Novus 2 is mildly abrasive. It's like using a form of mildly abrasive sandpaper and should only be used when the playfield is truly dirty as it will possibly remove some of the clear coat. That's why I'm using it once a year at most (on a HUO machine).

#56 12 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

It can't be said enough that Novus 2 is mildly abrasive.

Think I've been using it too much

Gonna be working more with #1 from now on.

#57 12 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Think I've been using it too much []

Gonna be working more with #1 from now on.

As far as I can tell, Novus 1 is the way to go for maintaining a thoroughly cleaned machine on Diamond Plated games and Sterns. Just don't use that on barewood.

#58 12 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

As far as I can tell, Novus 1 is the way to go for maintaining a thoroughly cleaned machine on Diamond Plated games and Sterns. Just don't use that on barewood.

Thanks. Both mine are DP... so I think I'm alright.

1 year later
#59 11 years ago

Very usefull forum , was using the wrong cleaner/wax , ill get right now some Novus and Carnauba Wax , THX

9 months later
#60 10 years ago

I use Mill Wax

a20791f12daabe91523a05_m.jpga20791f12daabe91523a05_m.jpg

#61 10 years ago

I was reading an article not to use novus 2, but to use a pre wax cleaner, so I got 2 bottles from auto geek, have not tried it yet, but the article made some going points how Novus is a plastic cleaner.. going to try it on the next machine, been thinking about getting a 3m kit as well.. I tried the treasure cove 3 part kit a few times, I was never happy with the results and especially the mess it made, watched the video and tried and tried, but for some reason, I never got those results, another buddy said the same thing about the kit.. maybe we were both doing something wrong, but followed all directions, even bought their pads.

11 months later
#62 9 years ago

Should ramps that are plastic be waxed as well?

#63 9 years ago

I first put on a good heavy coating of millwax and then put a floor drum sander on top of that and let er rip.

I don't even have to clear the playfield cuz the drum sander takes care of that for me!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GA
$ 79.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-cleanwax-your-playfields/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.