• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Before (resized).jpg
20170623_195407 (resized).jpg
IMG_2268 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bingopodcast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

lately I've been seeing quite a few bingos with crumbling cloth wire. Just turning to dust when touched

Yes, particularly older (50s) games. Like this one! Take a look at the replay register wires to the left in that photo. They look like fall-apart candidates to me.

In my opinion (for whatever that's worth) - don't scrub the harness. It's not going to make any situation like that better. I know, I know - there's dirt there.

@okorange, do you scrub all of your harnesses?

DennisDodel how about you?

#15 6 years ago

Cool. I don't clean the wires unless there's a darn good reason to do so. Knowing the wire color usually isn't a good enough reason as you can scrape the crud off with a thumbnail or whatever if it's bad (those ones don't look bad in the photo, compared to some...). Generally, with enough eyeballing, you can tell what color you're looking at.

Any complete or jarring movement of the harness could make the wires fall apart or create shorts where none exist. All depends on the condition of the wires. I would never take the harness out unless I was rewiring the whole game, and even then, probably not. Oh wait, I did that! I only remade the harness in the head because I was not using any of the mechanical head units in my game. I didn't rewire anything in the cab, but that came back to bite me a couple of times.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bingopodcast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-clean-the-wires?tu=bingopodcast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.