Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by barakandl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I think the crystal has stopped working in my Space shuttle, I have all the correct voltages coming into the board, checked voltage at the crystal and get 5 volts in, but nothing on the other side. Is this working?

#2 5 years ago

I have heard of crystals in scanners, ham radios and walkie talkies, is this a pinball term? Are you speaking of the score displays?

#3 5 years ago

#space-shuttle is a Williams System 9 game. The Pinwiki has some suggestions if your MPU won't boot: http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_System_9_-_11#MPU_boot_issues

#4 5 years ago

Assuming you're talking about the 4MHz osciallator, U21, you could probe pin 8 using an oscilloscope, and you should see a 4MHz clock signal. You could also use a DMM with a frequency counter, assuming it supports a high enough frequency range.

#5 5 years ago

Thought this would be an Elektra problem.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Assuming you're talking about the 4MHz oscillator, U21, you could probe pin 8 using an oscilloscope, and you should see a 4MHz clock signal. You could also use a DMM with a frequency counter, assuming it supports a high enough frequency range.

Yes I'm referring to Space shuttle. I found that my system 11 games also has the same oscillator, check that one with a meter, it was putting out about a 2volt reading, (I don't have a scope), and my space shuttle is putting out 0, so my next question is where would I find a oscillator?

#7 5 years ago

Never mind, helps if I call it the right part, thanks for all the help!

#8 5 years ago

4MHz pulse going into the CPU and then a 1mhz pulse on the E pin of each CPU. If you have that your crystal oscillator and cpu clock is working OK.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-check-crystal-in-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.