Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Baiter
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

53EE6C40-596A-46CD-A6DD-E0DD8DFC7572 (resized).jpeg

#1 3 years ago

Seeking to block [someone] as he's always running comments on and on about how 2-Player Head-To-Head Pinball Games like Challenger and Joust are unsuccessful. Cheers!!

#2 3 years ago

Use the ignore feature. It can make your time on Pinside blissful!

#3 3 years ago

Looking at one of the comments of user you want to censor: put cursor over user's graphic, choose the bottom left box.

#4 3 years ago

The first rule of Ignore is don't talk about ignore.

Seriously, you are not supposed to identify the people in your ignore file. Ignore does help in a very few cases. Use it sparingly and try not to take the bait from troll posts.

#5 3 years ago

Forget the forum tools - just develop thicker skin, use the “ignore” feature in your brain, and stop giving the trolls/bullies the attention they crave. I think a lot of the troll types wear bans/ignores like badges of honor, and the best course of action is to deny them the satisfaction!

Besides, Levi seems harmless; sure he likes to lob the occasional bomb and enjoy the resulting “carnage”, but I have been here a few years and I don’t recall ever seeing him post anything truly malignant or offensive.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

The first rule of Ignore is don't talk about ignore.
    Seriously, you are not supposed to identify the people in your ignore file. Ignore does help in a very few cases. Use it sparingly and try not to take the bait from troll posts.

See this section of the rules. BTW, we all need to learn on occasion (I was just scolded by moderators for a rules violation - not my first time - for what I thought was an innocent post about an upcoming pinball auction in my area).

"Announce ignores or drains: Announcing that you have put someone on ignore or that you are draining a thread really doesn't add to the discussion and frankly. we just don't care. Please don't do this."

#7 3 years ago

On a mobile device - tap user’s avatar. Tap the crossed-out microphone at the lower left.

53EE6C40-596A-46CD-A6DD-E0DD8DFC7572 (resized).jpeg53EE6C40-596A-46CD-A6DD-E0DD8DFC7572 (resized).jpeg
    #8 3 years ago

Are you serious Clark?

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

(I was just scolded by moderators for a rules violation - not my first time - for what I thought was an innocent post about an upcoming pinball auction in my area

Since you brought it up, I'm not sure if you noticed, but you posted it in a completely random thread about a custom audio package mod. Otherwise, your link is perfectly fine--it was just posted in a place that didn't make sense.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Since you brought it up, I'm not sure if you noticed, but you posted it in a completely random thread about a custom audio package mod. Otherwise, your link is perfectly fine--it was just posted in a place that didn't make sense.

Actually, it was in the what’s for sale in Texas/Oklahoma/Kansas thread since I thought it applied to the topic (at least that was my intent - I could have accidentally lost my bearings). However, after re-reading the rules, I understand the moderator’s application even if it seemed a little rigid (don’t know if it was you or someone else).

My general point is not to criticize the moderators, but to say that we can all make accidental violations and need to be made aware/reminded of the rules on occasion.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Actually, it was in the what’s for sale in Texas/Oklahoma/Kansas thread since I thought it applied to the topic (at least that was my intent - I could have accidentally lost my bearings). However, after re-reading the rules, I understand the moderator’s application even if it seemed a little rigid (don’t know if it was you or someone else).

If you want to post it in a regional for sale thread, you're certainly welcome to post it there.

Your post ended up in a Jurassic Park modding thread--a few other members reported it. Maybe a browser tab mix-up or something? Either way, not a huge deal.

If you have any questions, please feel free to open a moderator feedback thread.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

If you want to post it in a regional for sale thread, you're certainly welcome to post it there.
    Your post ended up in a Jurassic Park modding thread--a few other members reported it. Maybe a browser tab mix-up or something? Either way, not a huge deal.
    If you have any questions, please feel free to open a moderator feedback thread.

That was an accident then, sorry.

#14 3 years ago

I blocked posts for one person a long time ago for their consistent negative rants, particularly in one thread, and the forums were much nicer as a result. While I forgot who it is, none of the blocked posts I run across appear to add tangible value to the threads, so it seems to work just fine!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-block-people-on-pinside and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.