1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

I’m tired of the terrible sound and ugly computer speakers on top of the head of my game.

#2 1 year ago

P-roc is an MPU replacement, usually for developing your own custom game code.

The driver board (along with on-board sound) remains in place.

If you want to change the sound package, you'll need to use a pinsound board and install a WPC DMD driver board (if you want to use the DMD display).

If you just want to replace your speakers, there are various speaker kits available, such as flipper fidelity and pinball pro. You could also get a Polk sub woofer and add it to your game.

#3 1 year ago

I understood that the soundboard on the game wouldn’t work with PRoc boards and the sound came through the computer hence the need to use external speakers or alter the soundboard. Am I wrong? It’s been a long time and o have forgotten everything I learned when I bought the board and the installed the computer that I bought through Eric

#4 1 year ago

Oh, that's right, I forgot about the host computer.

If you want to use pinball style speakers, you'll probably need to get an amplifier. The homebrew folks will probably be more familiar with what to get.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-alter-the-sound-board-on-wpc95-to-work-with-proc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.