(Topic ID: 186276)

How do you all find the time for this hobby?

By Chitownpinball

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).png
    52674239 (resized).jpg
    images-10 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dkjimbo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#75 6 years ago

37 - 2 kids age 2 and 4 - work full time and travel 2-3 days a week - make decent money and still have no time and very little money for pinball - kids, as wonderful as they are, absorb the majority of disposable income. What really gets me are the guys who seem to be able to drop everything at a moments notice - leave work, leave family, etc for a multi-hour or all day round trip to score a deal. Even if I have money to burn, all the good deals seem to get snapped up by guys who can literally walk out on their families or work with no repercussions and go score a deal. I am too new to the hobby (3 years or so) to have scored all the deals of yesteryear and build collections of 2k-4k "A list" titles so that's another strike against me and the rest of us new guys haha. still love the hobby, love doing the repair / restoration work, love playing with others and meeting other hobbyists - just wish it was easier to sustain without putting myself in the poor house.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dkjimbo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-all-find-the-time-for-this-hobby?tu=Dkjimbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.