(Topic ID: 279534)

How do you adjust the height of a lightboard?

By Teamhex

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Teamhex
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

I’m getting a Williams firepower tomorrow and I noticed the back glass(repro) is sitting to high. It’s cutting off the bottom of the score displays for players 1-4. How can I adjust this?

The glass pretty much has no adjustment. My only thought is that maybe the light board could be raised. I can’t find any thread on it and a general Google search is coming up empty. Im pretty sure it just needs to come up...maaaybe an 1/8th of an inch. Probably a bit less than that. I’m going to try to shim it just to see if that works, but a permanent solution would be preferable.

Any advice or guidance on this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 3 years ago

Just loosen up the hinge bolts and adjust the score board to the correct height then tighten them up. There's play in there. Make sure the hinge pivots aren't bent.

#3 3 years ago

One more thing, the front bottom of the backbox will sag. That sag will also screw with that adjustment.

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from iamdrunker:

One more thing, the front bottom of the backbox will sag. That sag will also screw with that adjustment.

Good deal! Thanks man!
    Sounds like a little dance. Make an adjustment, tighten it, check, repeat.

Im just glad it’s adjustable. Im going to have to diagnose a voice issue as well, but it shouldn’t be a problem. Cosmetically this thing is beautiful. Can’t wait to play it.

#5 3 years ago

Anytime, Classic game for sure.

#6 3 years ago

Check fit between back glass and the lift channel along bottom of glass. I bought a game where someone used an older metal trim piece & glass didn’t seat all the way down in it. Caused the glass to sit slightly high vs the displays.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from jgreene:

Check fit between back glass and the lift channel along bottom of glass. I bought a game where someone used an older metal trim piece & glass didn’t seat all the way down in it. Caused the glass to sit slightly high vs the displays.

I'll check that first. Seems pretty easy to check. If not I'll adjust the backlight panel's hinges. Thanks for the tip.

1 week later
    #8 3 years ago

It turned out to look fine in person, but I'm still going to bring it up with a washer at the bottom. Thanks again!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-adjust-the-height-of-a-lightboard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.