9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by twizz63
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

I was considering the decals inside cabinet on either my TZ or STNG.....but raising and lowering my playfields constantly scrapes that area. Is there a way to prevent that? I tried the green felt and it does not help.

#2 9 years ago

Thats a good question. Cant wait to see others responses. I recently finished my FH and among the things I did was to repaint the cab and decals. After I painted, I also cleared everything hoping for a little more protection. I lift my PF ever so slowly and it still seems to rub a little here and there. No big scratches but its a matter of time. I considered using felt along the sides of the PF but didnt.

#3 9 years ago

I did thin felt on both sides. It actually made it worse. My F-14 has just basic hinge and it doesn't rub at all. I was going to try tiny rubber bumpers, but couldn't figure a way to make it work.

#4 9 years ago

What if you covered the areas of the decal where the playfield makes contact with some mylar?

#5 9 years ago

Before I sold my TZ I had bought the inner cabinet decals from Allen at Treasure Cove. He sends along some felt sided tape to put on the side of the playfield and it prevents most friction. You have to take the playfield out to put them in according to Allen. I never installed them so I am not sure if it can be done without removal.

#6 9 years ago

I also installed the Treasure Cove decals in my TZ as part of the restoration process. I did not used the provided green felt tape that Allen supplied. What I did do was install the loop half (soft side) of the self stick Velcro the entire length of the playfield. You have to cut the Velcro to just under 1/2" the entire length and then apply.

I have used the green felt pads and felt tape in other machines in the past and find that it does not have a strong enough adhesive and in a short period of time it just does not hold up.

The advantage of the Velcro is it runs the entire length of the playfield and so far it has offered excellent protection. To date this is the best I have been able to come up with, if someone has a better solution I would like to hear from you.

Note: this will not work on all machines. When I restored my JP I installed the Velcro as I did the TZ, problem was there was not enough clearance between the playfield and the cabinet, so I had to remove it...

#7 9 years ago

You could remove the playfield and plane down the sides a bit with a palm sander to shave/smooth it out. Just a thought.

#8 9 years ago

Several excellent ideas.....The mylar ....if cost effective, seems to be most logical. Erak's idea makes sense, although time consuming. Although it would give me the oppurtunity to really smooth up inside cabinet. Thanks for great ideas.

#9 9 years ago

Yeah, there might be some of the clearcoating drops(bumps) on the side of the playfield which stick out too far causing the scraping.

#10 9 years ago

I am going to try the mylar. I checked at Marco and it is less than 4 dollars per ft. at 22 inches. But now I am looking for decals for STNG and can't locate them. Does anyone know where I may find them? I havn't checked e-bay yet....but will.

#11 9 years ago

Twizz Mad Amusements has your cabinet decals in stock. I could not locate any on E-bay.

http://mad-amusements.com/category.php?id_category=168

#12 9 years ago

I'm sorry Bill, I didn't specify in latest post. I'm looking for inside cabinet sides. I checked e-bay and found nothing as well. Thanks for your help.

#13 9 years ago

I did find the sideboard decals at Treasure Cove for the TZ. I really wanted to get STNG, but may get the TZ while I can.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 60.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Mods for your pinballs
    $ 50.00
    $ 149.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 9.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 19.99
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 29.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Playfield - Plastics
    Ramp-O-Matic
    $ 149.00
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 4.00
    Playfield - Decals
    UpKick Pinball
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    £ 79.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballToys
    $ 9,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside