(Topic ID: 184779)

How do the JJP widebodies stack up to the Superpins?

By adii

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by GaryMartin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I have IJ and STTNG and just can't get enough of them. My other games seem kind of boring by comparison. Having never played the Hobbit and only a few games on WOZ I can't really make a comparison. Can someone who has some of the B/W Superpins and a JJP widebody care to compare the old vs the new?

#2 7 years ago

Both WOZ and TH are fun, but both are long games - very long if you've got the skill. I had a WOZ but sold it for an MB... love both games and still not sure I made the right decision! I haven't played enough IJ but sttng is also a favourite. I think the w/b games are more fun but the new features and classiness of the JJP pins are indisputably cool. Tough one.

#3 7 years ago

WOZ is amazing if you can get past the theme.

#4 7 years ago

Yeah tough one for sure. Sttng/ij/tz are fantastic pins, but imo woz and hobbit simply take it to the next level. With jjp pins I suggest you eat and hit the head because you could be there for a while if you have some skills

#5 7 years ago

I have both of the JJP wide bodies and although loaded with toys, not as fast nor as fun as Tron, MMr or even GOTLE. The quality of the construction is superb - would like to play the new machine they have and see how it does, especially because its not a wide body.

#6 7 years ago

And maybe it is the length of the game that has me not playing those machines - really need some time!

#7 7 years ago

TH doesn't seem to really make use of being a wide body... WOZ is just filled with stuff everywhere though

#8 7 years ago

Not well. Games like IJ and sttng use the wide playfields for a purpose and don't feel like they forced the issue.

The Jjp games would likely have both been better as normal sized pins. On woz you get those stupid huge outlanes and their accompanying ball save contests, and on hobbit the game is just wide...super wide...for no real reason.

Very, very different feel between the wms superpins and the jjp widebodies, which just seem to be wide to be wide.

#9 7 years ago

I have a combination of both. WOZ, TH, STTNG, and TZ. WOZ and TH are incredible pins and excellent wide body games. The layouts of both would not work in a standard body pin, no way, not possible.

I enjoy STTNG and TZ but WOZ and TH are on another level due to newer tech and superior sound and rules (TZ and STTNG are still a blast though).

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I enjoy STTNG and TZ but WOZ and TH are on another level due to newer tech and superior sound and rules (TZ and STTNG are still a blast though).

And the toys. Don't forget the toys.

#11 7 years ago

The jjp games pack more into themselves imo and they work great. The old wide-bodies are cool, but they just don't hold my attention like they used to after playing jjps games. I much prefer the fancy new games and deeper rules that only jjp offers. Love the oldies, but love the new ones more.

1 week later
#12 7 years ago

I have had IJ and still own a TZ. Both are really awesome for their time. WoZ is the next generation of pins. Where do you want to start? Deep rulesets, LCD Screen, Amazing Lights Shows, Best cabinet paint job out there (WoZLE). Not to mention working on the pin with that full LCD is so underrated.

In my mind the JJP pins are in a class of their own. I can't speak to TH though. I have only played several games. To me TZ is the closest pin out there to WoZ. Probably the combination of the magnets and upper playfield.

Either way, I think you would be very happy with a WoZ. We have had that machine for a couple years now. It gets three times more play than the next pin in my collection (MM, IJ, TZ, and WoZ).

Hope this helps...

#13 7 years ago

I've owned all Superpins at one time or another. Currently have both a TZ and ST:TNG.

I have both a Woz and TH.

IMHO, The Hobbit can get going at a frantic pace that none of the B/W widebodies ever did. WoZ can also get fairly frantic but it seems a bit slower paced (not much) than Hobbit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 85.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-the-jjp-widebodies-stack-up-to-the-superpins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.