• Latest reply 11 years ago by planters49
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

03377-1.jpg
#1 12 years ago

Just on boxed my Tron Le today and playing it to death. How do you activate Daft Punk Multiball. I understand you have to hit the left ramp four times and the same for the right one. Did it done it. But it doesn't seem to do anything. I have spelled Daft Punk an I get nothing. Any clues or hints would be appreciated.

One of Stern greatest games!

#2 12 years ago

Spelling D-A-F-T P-U-N-K once gets you an extra ball, spelling it again awards you the "End of Line" multiball (or Daft Punk multi) with the bonus 'Castor' track. (Both require the arcade shot to collect/start- just like the rest of the multiball modes.)
It is a great addition to the LE gameplay, hopefully in the spring we will finally have a fantastic update with all the Lyman trimmings... Mmmm trimmings.

#3 12 years ago

Yeah, make sure to hit that scoop after completing the second time to collect.

The other day I was trying to find out if you can change it back (was originally) to multiball on first completion instead of EB but it doesn't look possible

#4 12 years ago

16 shots, holy crap. That is near impossible. Especially the right ramp. I was focusing on just Daft Punk yesterday and had a hard time completing it once.

Has any one completed Daft punk and got the end of line multiball with the glass on?

This game Is awesome!

#5 12 years ago

what they said.
But also, if you have light cycle/quorra lit, you have to finish those again, and if you are doing any other modes those have to finish. and if SOS is ready, you'll have to wait to get EOL multiball.

you literally have to spell DAFT PUNK twice, and have nothing else going on, then hit the scoop.

#6 12 years ago

Sounds like it's time to pull the glass so I can experience that mode, just once

#7 12 years ago

I've done it many times with the glass on. the shots are not too difficult.
it's really disappointing when you achieve it and immediately lose 1 ball.. all done

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Has any one completed Daft punk and got the end of line multiball with the glass on?

I use to get it more before the code change and have gotten it once since.

Play with the leveling of the game to find the sweet spot. On mine there's a sweet spot for Gem and Quorra to make it consistently doable at the right leveling. Then it's just quorra to ramp over and over.

One trick I do for getting PUNK completed is to hold left flipper on plunge, make right ramp. Then allow to drain while ball save is on to get a second shot at the right ramp. That's a quick two!

#9 12 years ago

it's really disappointing when you achieve it and immediately lose 1 ball.. all done

+1.
For some reason it always ends up that way... Must be that head-bobbing that always screws me up!

03377-1.jpg03377-1.jpg
Artman is right- the ball save trick works well for getting two quick letters right off the bat.
I hate it when you get Daft Punk ready and also have SOS on deck... "Buh-bye" Castor track!

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

Yep.

2 weeks later
#11 12 years ago

Anyone have a movie of this multiball!?!

#12 12 years ago

here is a video showing all modes. At about 8min daft punk mode:

#13 12 years ago

You can change the setting so you only have to spell daft punk once instead of twice.

#14 12 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

Yeah, once you get a feeling for the shots, the ramp shots are fairly easy and the mode is not too difficult to get to.
I try to stack the End of Line(DAFT PUNK) multiball with the TRON disk multiball. Unlimited Add-A-Ball of DAFT PUNK can mean a ton of points. My high score is 203M.

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from planters49:

You can change the setting so you only have to spell daft punk once instead of twice.

I have never been able to find this setting in the menus. Seems like I heard the ability to change this was in older versions of the firmware, but was removed in the new firmware.

Can anyone confirm/deny this?

#16 12 years ago

planters49 said:

I have never been able to find this setting in the menus. Seems like I heard the ability to change this was in older versions of the firmware, but was removed in the new firmware.

Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Spelling DAFT PUNK once rightfully gives you an extra ball. Spelling it twice rightfully gives you DAFT PUNK multiball. Spelling DAFT PUNK 4 times gives you?
The point is that it is perfect the way it is. I find changing settings on a pin to easier than factory makes for a boring experience.

3 months later
#17 11 years ago

Is P-U-N-K spelled out on right ramp as well? And is it possible right after D-A-F-T?

I ask, as it didn't seem that way from what I remember.

#18 11 years ago

Change end of line to 1 instead of 2 in the menus...

#19 11 years ago

Yup....change it from 2 to 1.

After about 100 games, I think I had spelled Daft Punk two or three times....EVER. (And that was when I was going for it). Getting it twice in one game was just unrealistic.

So, I changed the setting. It is still hard to do, but at least now I see it every once in a while.

Pete

1 month later
#20 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Yup....change it from 2 to 1.
After about 100 games, I think I had spelled Daft Punk two or three times....EVER. (And that was when I was going for it). Getting it twice in one game was just unrealistic.
So, I changed the setting. It is still hard to do, but at least now I see it every once in a while.
Pete

Can u specify what setting you changed didn't see which to change. Thanks!

#21 11 years ago

Think of it as a deep enough & challenging enough pinball machine to keep you entertained for years!

-Aaron

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Getting it twice in one game was just unrealistic.

It just takes perseverance, that's all.
The rub (for me) usually lies in the fact that you usually have SOS (or something else) on deck by the time the second "D-A-F-T P-U-N-K" is completed which overrides the DP/EOL-Multi you worked so hard to get.

It's a PITA but that is why I love it.

And the video around the 8 min mark is of Portal multi Northvibe, not EOL/DP multi.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from Redeyes:

Can u specify what setting you changed didn't see which to change. Thanks!

Is in the options settings. You change it from the factory setting of spelling daft punk 2 times to only 1 times to start it. I would recommend changing it to one so you can actually start the daft punk mode. The factory setting is stupid i think

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-start-daft-punk-multiball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.