(Topic ID: 304001)

How do mods play into resale value in the pinball world?

By Anony

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PtownPin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 2 years ago

Depends on the mod....in my experience color dmd, high end glass, and pin sound boards u can get most of your $ back....there are a few really rare mods that actually increase, but most stuff your lucky to get $.50 on the dollar.

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from Anony:

LOL!

Thanks, this makes sense. It sounds like the pinwoofer and flipperfidelity will be a welcome mod for a second hand buyer but the figurines/aesthetic stuff should probably be sold on their own.

Depends on the game....adding just speakers doesn't really do much to improve sound quality on the older games. Adding a pin sound board + speakers with higher end sound files helps a lot. PinWoofer makes a great product that I have used on a few modern games, and yes it helps quite a bit.

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from Anony:

Thanks for the feedback. It's Iron Maiden so I think the speakers should be a welcome addition to anyone. Although I do love this table and hope I never have to sell or trade it.

If u really want to improve the sound quality I would get the pin woofer product....u don't need a pin sound board or color dmd on IM

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

I’ll only pay a bit more for ColorDMD.
    I typically deduct $350 for PinStadium light kits because it will take me a bit of time to take it off and burn it in my furnace.

I'm not a Pin Stadium fan, but it only takes 5 minutes to remove

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PtownPin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-mods-play-into-resale-value-in-the-pinball-world?tu=PtownPin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.