(Topic ID: 92393)

How do LED's differ from incandescent in power/pulse/spikes... (right word?)

By Don1

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Don1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Don1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

It seems that after replacing all of the incandescent with LED's in one of my machines I have started to blow the lower GI fuse every week or two. I've always thought that putting in LED's basically meant far less power consumed (less amps?) so the chances of blowing fuses should drop drastically. I've done some basic troubleshooting such as ensuring the bayonets aren't bent or touching anything they shouldn't, the wiring isn't frayed or open anywhere, all of the connections are good on the board, but I haven't gotten out the multimeter to test anything since it will play fine for a week or two between pops (playing every day for anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hours).

So just curious if LED's somehow blow fuses differently than incandescent bulbs because of the way they possibly draw power 'quicker'? They look like the come 'on' quicker than incandescent bulbs so that's why I'm asking.

#4 9 years ago

Thanks, I'll go through the sockets again and verify nothing is touching or near anything moving that might make them touch. They don't seem to go out at any exact moment like when a specific switch is activated, but it only happens when the game is being played and not when it's sitting in attract mode for hours.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Don1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-leds-differ-from-incandescent-in-powerpulsespikes-right-word?tu=Don1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.